Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Alex Smith Cut (update: retired) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64815)

skinsfaninok 03-01-2021 10:50 AM

Alex Smith Cut (update: retired)

The Washington Football Team is expected to part ways with QB Alex Smith in the coming days, sources tell me and
@KimJonesSports
. The AP Comeback Player of the Year has said he still wants to play, and at age 36 may have a chance to do so.

Rap Sheet

Should save 15M

Ruhskins 03-01-2021 10:55 AM

Re: Alex Smith Cut

Our cap space now goes up to $52 mil with Alex's release.

skinsfaninok 03-01-2021 10:57 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;1278249]Our cap space now goes up to $52 mil with Alex's release.[/quote]

Could grab a LB and WR plus QB with that $$

MTK 03-01-2021 11:12 AM

All time great comeback story, wish him nothing but the best going forward.

sdskinsfan2001 03-01-2021 11:25 AM

Bye Alex, you crazy bastard.

Take the money and your smokeshow wife and retire.

KI Skins Fan 03-01-2021 11:27 AM

[quote=MTK;1278253]All time great comeback story, wish him nothing but the best going forward.[/quote]

Alex Smith is a great man. What an inspiration! Thank you Alex and best of luck to you and your family.

Pervis_Griffith 03-01-2021 12:16 PM

A tough son of a gun, a leader, a consummate pro, and above all else ... a winner.

Good luck with whatever you wind up doing Alex!

FrenchSkin 03-01-2021 12:19 PM

Loved the ride, wish him 1) another opportunity since that's what he wants 2) to be smart enough to retire before having another injury

Nice and smart cap move on our part.

BaltimoreSkins 03-01-2021 12:22 PM

Right move opens some bucks. I think Alex has a future in coaching/management some where.

irish 03-01-2021 12:35 PM

[quote=MTK;1278253]All time great comeback story, wish him nothing but the best going forward.[/quote]

Agree. The comeback and wins that gave us a glimpse of what could have been was amazing. Good luck with whatever the future holds.

mooby 03-01-2021 01:25 PM

Sums it up for me.

Chief X_Phackter 03-01-2021 01:37 PM

You know, I get tired of hearing "yeah, but he's never won a SB", or he's just a "Captain check down", etc. You know who else never won a SB? D Marino, J Kelly, W Moon, D Fouts, P Rivers, and plenty of other good/great QBs... Guess who also is (or was) shown to "check down" at about the same percentage or more: D Carr, D Watson, E Manning, P Rivers, and plenty of other good/great QBs...

He's a great player who just manages to win games, and never ever got the credit he deserved.

The last two years exemplify what type of person he truly is. Best of luck in whatever he chooses the next chapter to be.

CRedskinsRule 03-01-2021 01:46 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1278286]You know, I get tired of hearing "yeah, but he's never won a SB", or he's just a "Captain check down", etc. You know who else never won a SB? D Marino, J Kelly, W Moon, D Fouts, P Rivers, and plenty of other good/great QBs... Guess who also is (or was) shown to "check down" at about the same percentage or more: D Carr, D Watson, E Manning, P Rivers, and plenty of other good/great QBs...

He's a great player who just manages to win games, and never ever got the credit he deserved.

The last two years exemplify what type of person he truly is. Best of luck in whatever he chooses the next chapter to be.[/quote]

Exactly this. His play was not "exciting", but he knew how to lead and generally win. I hope he has a great future, whether in football or not.

NYCskinfan82 03-01-2021 02:02 PM

Thank you and good luck Alex.

MTK 03-01-2021 02:08 PM

11-4 as the starter here. Say what you will about his style of play, but he found a way to win more often than not. Has any QB in Snyder's tenure left here with a winning record?