Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favorite Current Redskin and why? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=319)

dieselhog 03-08-2004 10:08 AM

Favorite Current Redskin and why?

Mine is Coles.... love his attitude his professionalism and his talent. What about everyone else?

This is unusual for me, my fave players have always been defenders in the past, Manley, Brad Edwards, Wilbur Marshall, Marvcus Patton....

Gmanc711 03-08-2004 10:12 AM

I agree. Laverneous Coles be cause the exact same reasons you just said. (HM: For Ramsey, Smoot, Arrington)

ChounsMan 03-08-2004 10:16 AM

Lavar Arrington :D

Lavar has shown me on & off the field that he takes pride wearing the burgundy & gold..!

Lavar is a well respected player in the NFL.

Who can argue that he is not their most valuable player?

joethiesmanfan 03-08-2004 10:20 AM

smoot

[QUOTE=ChounsMan]Lavar Arrington :D

Lavar has shown me on & off the field that he takes pride wearing the burgundy & gold..!

Lavar is a well respected player in the NFL.

Who can argue that he is not their most valuable player?[/QUOTE]

Fred Smoot smooth agiel and surprisingly good tackler

crlesh 03-08-2004 10:23 AM

Ramsey

Great talent and ambition. He wants to play, not just cash a check. I won't be surprised at all when he beats out Brunell for the starting job.

I got burned when I bought Champ's jerseys, but I don't see that happening with Ramsey.

dieselhog 03-08-2004 10:31 AM

I'm sure Patrick will beat Mark Brunell out too.

Arrington, I would say is the most commited to the cause and I loved Smoot's quote when we lost to the Cowboys - "I don't care if we're 0-16, We have to beat them. They are the Cowboys and I hate them."

SmootSmack 03-08-2004 11:14 AM

Fred Smoot. Aside from being a great player what I love about him is the enthusiasm he brings. He's like a kid in a candy store when he's out on the field. Yet at the same time, he showed last year some serious leadership skills and maturity. Even before he left you could tell Champ was there for Champ while Smoot is there for the Redskins

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 03-08-2004 11:17 AM

ADE JIMOH, of course!!

After him, Brandon Noble and Rock Cartwright. Those guys get it done in the trenches...

Defensewins 03-08-2004 11:22 AM

Brunell- he brings veteran stability and playoff experience to the most important position in football. A position the Redskins have had inconsistent, erratic, sub-par play since we lost Brad Johnson.
He will be a great mentor to Ramsey and help him become a star. He will teach Ramsey to get rid of the ball sooner and not take so many sacks like did in college and pro's. To be able to sense the rush and avoid it.

backrow 03-08-2004 11:23 AM

Ade!

Ade! What happens when the "Real" Ade Jimoh is released? How long will it take you to switch allegiences?

Mine: HOF Coach Gibbs! He bleeds B&G and has 3 SB rings! No one else comes close! In fact, I'm not sure anyone else on the team has even one ring!

crlesh 03-08-2004 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=Defensewins]Brunell- he brings veteran stability and playoff experience to the most important position in football. A position the Redskins have had inconsistent, erratic, sub-par play since we lost Brad Johnson.
He will be a great mentor to Ramsey and help him become a star. He will teach Ramsey to get rid of the ball sooner and not take so many sacks like did in college and pro's. To be able to sense the rush and avoid it.[/QUOTE]

Ramsey will surely benefit from Brunell's presence, and I like Brunell, but he hasn't sweated or taken a hit for us yet. I welcome Brunell with open arms and respect his years with the Jags but I'll reserve judgement on him until we see his contribution to the Skins.

Skins fan 44 03-08-2004 11:37 AM

Coach Gibbs.
Player: Lavar-he just seems like he wants to not only get a check but also wants to play for the Redskins possibly all of his career which will be very rare if he does.

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 03-08-2004 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=backrow]Ade! What happens when the "Real" Ade Jimoh is released? How long will it take you to switch allegiences?[/QUOTE]

You are insance, man! Ade is going to have a breakout mini-camp and be starting across from Smoot. Springs will be the nickel back. How sweet will that be?

Scenario Two: Ade Jimoh can fill in on the D-Line so that everyone will stop complaining and let us draft the 2005 Rookie of the Year - Sean Taylor!!

hkh 03-08-2004 11:43 AM

Coles -- in a league with Owens, Moss, and Keyshawn, he is a down to earth pro bowl reciever. He is so exciting to watch and really is a team player.

SmootSmack 03-08-2004 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=Ade Jimoh Fan Club]You are insance, man! Ade is going to have a breakout mini-camp and be starting across from Smoot. Springs will be the nickel back. How sweet will that be?

Scenario Two: Ade Jimoh can fill in on the D-Line so that everyone will stop complaining and let us draft the 2005 Rookie of the Year - Sean Taylor!![/QUOTE]

I'm going to ask the question we're all thinking. Why Ade? I mean that's a really original choice for a favorite player. Props to you on that. When he blows up and starts making frequent trips to Hawaii, you can say you were a fan of his back in the day.

Is Pita Elisara a close second for you? :D