Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scot McCloughan joins Browns (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64076)

SFREDSKIN 02-04-2018 11:49 AM

Scot McCloughan joins Browns

[url]https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Bolt/Browns-hire-Scot-McCloughan-to-front-office-for-NFL-Draft-114637512[/url]

HailGreen28 02-04-2018 11:49 AM

Re: Scot McCloughan joins Browns

Good for him. Best wishes.

MTK 02-04-2018 12:53 PM

Championship! Oh wait it’s the Browns, never mind.

mooby 02-04-2018 01:26 PM

[quote=MTK;1187840]Championship! Oh wait it’s the Browns, never mind.[/quote]

Lol way to start off by shitting on them/him. I guess the fact we still used his input on the draft board after he was fired means nothing.

The man knows his football. No I'm not saying every pick he makes turns out to be a success, far from it. But I'd say he's had about as much success drafting players as any GM in the league.

Good luck to McC and the Browns, I was rooting for them before this and still am. Besides, he's a player personnel consultant, they didn't give him the keys to the ship. Good move for the Browns.

MTK 02-04-2018 01:44 PM

Scot McCloughan joins Browns

I was shitting on the Browns, not McCloughan just to be clear.

mooby 02-04-2018 02:13 PM

[quote=MTK;1187845]I was shitting on the Browns, not McCloughan just to be clear.[/quote]

I wasn't sure which way you were going with that, thanks for the clarification. Just saying I know the Browns couldn't possibly get any worse, but this seems like a smart move for them. I don't think they are as bad as things seem. Yes, they need a lot of help. But you make a few smart moves and things can happen. Just look at the Jags.

MTK 02-04-2018 04:06 PM

It sure doesn't hurt to bring in McC, but when you've won 4 games the last 3 years I do think it's as bad as it seems.

skinsfaninok 02-04-2018 05:05 PM

Good lord and u think he had a drinking problem before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mooby 02-04-2018 05:40 PM

[quote=MTK;1187856]It sure doesn't hurt to bring in McC, but when you've won 4 games the last 3 years I do think it's as bad as it seems.[/quote]

I mean, they could be without the surplus of draft picks they currently have. McC is a good personnel man, that's another +. What if every competent football guy they tried to bring in turned them down? That'd be the worst case scenario. I guess I'm trying to say record wise they couldn't possibly get any worse than 1-31. But it could be worse as far as future prospects go.

SolidSnake84 02-04-2018 08:41 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1187858]Good lord and u think he had a drinking problem before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk[/quote]

Regardless of what transpired here, i do not think that McCloughan was drinking on the job as was suggested by the Redskins.

punch it in 02-04-2018 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1187845]I was shitting on the Browns, not McCloughan just to be clear.[/QUOTE]

Lol

Buffalo Bob 02-05-2018 12:35 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1187858]Good lord and u think he had a drinking problem before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk[/quote]

Ha,ha, working for the Browns would turn the Pope into an alcoholic.

KI Skins Fan 02-05-2018 08:33 AM

[quote=SolidSnake84;1187885]Regardless of what transpired here, i do not think that McCloughan was drinking on the job as was suggested by the Redskins.[/quote]

Yeah, right. You must be the guy who actually bought the Brooklyn Bridge. He gets fired three times for drinking on the job, never goes to rehab, and somehow you think he wasn't drinking on the job in Washington?

MTK 02-05-2018 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=KI Skins Fan;1187936]Yeah, right. You must be the guy who actually bought the Brooklyn Bridge. He gets fired three times for drinking on the job, never goes to rehab, and somehow you think he wasn't drinking on the job in Washington?[/QUOTE]

It’s awfully hard to imagine that he wasn’t. Especially in a culture like the NFL that doesn’t do much to discourage that type of stuff... wasn’t long ago that Portis talked about doing shots before games.

metalskins 02-05-2018 09:07 AM

Wow, great move by the Browns! Scot McCloughan is going to have a field day with all of those picks. I wouldn't doubt if Cousins to Cleveland becomes more of a reality now.