Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hail to Alfred Morris! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=51106)

htownskinfan 12-31-2012 07:56 AM

Kudos big time to A.M.
I said about 8 games ago I thought Morris was good but I thought 1500 yards tops for a season
Great game tonight,Congrats Alfred
Plus he's such a humble guy,gotta love this guy

ashvirtually 12-31-2012 08:06 AM

Re: Hail to Alfred Morris!

The Little Engine That Could.

Love you, Alfie!

Lotus 01-01-2013 09:11 PM

Al-fred Mor-ris! clap clap, clap clap clap
Al-fred Mor-ris! clap clap, clap clap clap

Alvin Walton 01-01-2013 09:14 PM

My new favorite bird is the Owl.

NYCskinfan82 01-01-2013 09:21 PM

Besides being a great runner, Alf Mo seems like a GREAT character guy.

Hog1 01-01-2013 09:24 PM

[quote=htownskinfan;982283]Kudos big time to A.M.
I said about 8 games ago I thought Morris was good but I thought 1500 yards tops for a season
Great game tonight,Congrats Alfred
Plus he's such a humble guy,gotta love this guy[/quote]
Love his interviews. Seems totally uncomfortable with his recent fame. Comes from a small school like FAU...
Kid is to good to be true....Nice work, Mike, Bruce.....scout guys!

skinsfan69 01-01-2013 09:25 PM

The FO needs to just rip up his rookie deal and give him a raise the day the season ends. It is so well deserved. Besides being so damn humble, what I like about Morris is his vision. All the great runners have the vision and Morris can see the holes before they come open. The kid is a pure runner. He isn't flashy, he just gets the job done. So glad he's a Skin. What a great find. Also major props to Bobby Turner, he has been with Shanahan coaching all the 1,000 yard backs and hopefully Turner will get some attention one of these days.

walton71 01-01-2013 09:43 PM

How is Alfred morris's name not mentioned for ROY? 2nd most yards rushing in NFL, 2nd most rushing TD's in NFL, franchise rushing record for the Redskins...I love RGIII and everything he brings to this team, but I absolutely love watching Alfred run the ball.

los panda 01-02-2013 01:12 PM

2nd in the nfl in rushing yards (1,613)
2nd in the nfl in rushing tds (13)
2nd in the nfl in rushes for 1st downs (83) 1/4 of his runs were for 1st downs!
5th in the nfl in rushes of 20+ yards (9)
3rd in the nfl in carries (335)

no pro bowl...

we love you alfred, you'll get the respect you deserve in no time

REDSKINS4ever 01-02-2013 01:26 PM

Alfred Morris is a beast. Terrell Davis first season in the zone blocking scheme wasn't as good as Morris first year. Morris is going to be the first Redskins rusher to go over 2,000 in a season. Mark my words....

Paintrain 01-02-2013 01:48 PM

[quote=GridIron26;982043]Great find by Shanny. With Helu and possible another rookie next year in mix, we will have top 5 rushing offense for several years to come.[/quote]

I was thinking about this earlier in regards to our next years offense. Morris and Helu can be an unreal combination. Think Houston (Foster & Tate) with more explosiveness. Griffin's running numbers will decrease each year I believe (at least in number of attempts) but he may have more big plays/meaningful carries.

Add in a healthy Fred Davis and we could be a top 3 unit for a long time to come.

los panda 01-03-2013 11:51 AM

[quote=Paintrain;982974]I was thinking about this earlier in regards to our next years offense. Morris and Helu can be an unreal combination. Think Houston (Foster & Tate) with more explosiveness. Griffin's running numbers will decrease each year I believe (at least in number of attempts) but he may have more big plays/meaningful carries.

Add in a healthy Fred Davis and we could be a top 3 unit for a long time to come.[/quote]3 young, healthy horses

morris, helu, royster

that's hoping helu comes back to 2011 form.

no real holes on offense, we're in great shape.

CultBrennan59 01-03-2013 12:44 PM

What if I told you all that Alfred Morris's brother is a senior RB at Birmingham Southern and a DIII All American RB for them already being talked to by the Jaguars?

Paintrain 01-03-2013 12:47 PM

[quote=los panda;983217]3 young, healthy horses

morris, helu, royster

that's hoping helu comes back to 2011 form.

no real holes on offense, we're in great shape.[/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me to see us bring in a back via the draft or free agency to supplant Royster.. He's been just ok but he doesn't do anything significant to warrant a roster spot without competition.

I agree about Helu returning to and building off of his 2011 form. If he can learn how to press the hole like Morris and improves his vision, he could be a homerun hitter in this offense. Morris can pound and Helu can be the backbreaker.

los panda 01-03-2013 12:54 PM

[quote=Paintrain;983265]It wouldn't surprise me to see us bring in a back via the draft or free agency to supplant Royster.. He's been just ok but he doesn't do anything significant to warrant a roster spot without competition.

I agree about Helu returning to and building off of his 2011 form. If he can learn how to press the hole like Morris and improves his vision, he could be a homerun hitter in this offense. Morris can pound and Helu can be the backbreaker.[/quote]right, i think royster makes a good #3 (a cheap one, too), he hasn't shown anything special.