Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins Wins - predictions go here (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64421)

rocnrik 08-29-2019 03:09 PM

Re: Skins Wins - predictions go here

9-7 or 7-9

kct1975 08-30-2019 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=rocnrik;1227918]9-7 or 7-9[/QUOTE]I am inclined to agree!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Warthog 09-01-2019 12:03 PM

Without TW the OL is dependent on Penn playing well and staying healthy for 16 games. Still 7-9 and hope I am wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandtrapjack 09-03-2019 09:58 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1227858]
Week 1 (Sept. 8): at Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m. ET (Fox)
[B]W[/B] Case has a chip going back to Philadelphia and Gruden wins his second opening day in 2 years
[/quote]

I do admire your optimism, but just thought you should know that Vegas lines indicate Philly is the most heavily favored team out of all 16 games in week 1.

CRedskinsRule 09-03-2019 10:07 AM

[quote=sandtrapjack;1228259]I do admire your optimism, but just thought you should know that Vegas lines indicate Philly is the most heavily favored team out of all 16 games in week 1.[/quote]

I generally split NFC East matchups (except I think I had us beating you guys twice, cuz without Zeke your offense is drab)

Because they are looking at the team from last season's results and trying to factor in the changes. But last season's results for us vs philly were skewed by the loss of our QB, and CB's.

I am optimistic about the year even without TW, I think our running game will be so strong, Keenum will thrive with play action and reverse rollouts.

I could be wrong.

Ruhskins 09-03-2019 10:53 AM

The floor for this team is 7 wins, so I think that's where I'll start.

skinsfaninok 09-03-2019 11:07 AM

Looks like Trent will not show up anytime soon so I'm going with 6-10 now

Meks 09-03-2019 11:11 AM

[quote=sandtrapjack;1228259]I do admire your optimism, but just thought you should know that Vegas lines indicate Philly is the most heavily favored team out of all 16 games in week 1.[/quote]

we are aware. go feed your ewok.

jamf 09-03-2019 11:46 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1227893]I have to ask, who thinks we are going to win 5 or less???? Gruden has shown he's a middle of the pack coach, and we have upper middle defensive talent. I can't imagine this team actually losing 11 or more games.[/quote]

[quote=skinsfan69;1227894]It's possible cause we are unstable at QB and o-line. Imagine when Penn goes down cause he ain't lasting 16 games. There is no margin for error on the o-line. One or two injuries and it can be catastrophic for an average offense and a below average Keenum.[/quote]

I agree with SF69.
1st and 2nd year players will be inconsistent.
Penn has finished the last 2 seasons on the IR. He's going to make it 3 years in a row. Flowers is a project at this point.

Defense will be good, probably top 10 but they aren't elite.

Special teams will be the worst in the NFL.
They get nothing in returns and coverage teams look like they will put the defense in bad spots with long returns.

This is probably a 7 win team.
9 wins if the ball bounces their way, 5 wins if things go like they have the last 2 seasons.

sandtrapjack 09-03-2019 12:21 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1228261]I generally split NFC East matchups (except I think I had us beating you guys twice, cuz without Zeke your offense is drab)

Because they are looking at the team from last season's results and trying to factor in the changes. But last season's results for us vs philly were skewed by the loss of our QB, and CB's.

I am optimistic about the year even without TW, I think our running game will be so strong, Keenum will thrive with play action and reverse rollouts.

I could be wrong.[/quote]

Fair 'nuff.

Zekes deal will be done. Probably in the next 24 hours which puts him on the field week 1.

Look in the range of 6 years, 90 million. Dollars already agreed upon. Working to finalize structure.

CRedskinsRule 09-03-2019 12:38 PM

[quote=sandtrapjack;1228280]Fair 'nuff.

Zekes deal will be done. Probably in the next 24 hours which puts him on the field week 1.

Look in the range of 6 years, 90 million. Dollars already agreed upon. Working to finalize structure.[/quote]

Even if they do give Zeke's contract finished up, he has missed all of training camp and preseason. Fact is the ewok probably will show up out of shape and need 6 weeks rest and recuperation after Payne, Allen and Ionnaidis get done flopping him around.

skinsfaninok 09-03-2019 01:10 PM

[quote=sandtrapjack;1228280]Fair 'nuff.

Look in the range of 6 years, 90 million. Dollars already agreed upon. Working to finalize structure.[/quote]

6 years 90 M for a RB?? WOW

CRedskinsRule 09-03-2019 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1228288]6 years 90 M for a RB?? WOW[/QUOTE]Being an extension, he will be 32 when the contract ends. He will never see half that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

sandtrapjack 09-03-2019 01:26 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1228288]6 years 90 M for a RB?? WOW[/quote]

Could say 190 million, for all I care. All that matters is the guaranteed money.
Hearing on twitterverse, estimated 25-28 mill per year for the first three years. Then 'we'll see'.

But it is the structure of the contract (guarantees, bonuses, incentives) is what needs polishing.

Latest and greatest is Zeke is returning to Dallas as we speak to finalize the deal and put ink on it.

sandtrapjack 09-03-2019 01:43 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1228282]Even if they do give Zeke's contract finished up, he has missed all of training camp and preseason. Fact is the ewok probably will show up out of shape and need 6 weeks rest and recuperation after Payne, Allen and Ionnaidis get done flopping him around.[/quote]

Zeke busting through and meeting Ionnaidis head on:

[url]https://twitter.com/GrantLiffmann/status/1168726992977420288?s=20[/url]