Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=40895)

SmootSmack 01-06-2011 03:17 PM

Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

[url=http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/06/nfl-tight-end-fred-davis-nightclub-attack-champagne-bottle-washington-redskins-usc/]NFL Tight End Accused of Assaulting Woman | TMZ.com[/url]

Remember-innocent until proven guilty

warpaint 01-06-2011 03:20 PM

Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

I was just about to post this. If guilty do you think this could push a trade for him. Shanny did say he wanted guys with character?

skinsnut 01-06-2011 03:32 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;775749][url=http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/06/nfl-tight-end-fred-davis-nightclub-attack-champagne-bottle-washington-redskins-usc/]NFL Tight End Accused of Assaulting Woman | TMZ.com[/url]

Remember-innocent until proven guilty[/quote]

Why don't some NFL players use some common sense and say out of bars.
If you play with fire, eventually, you are gunna get burned.
What happened to keeping your hands to yourself and turning the other cheek?

firstdown 01-06-2011 03:35 PM

The cops have seen the tapes and no charges have been filed. That tells me there was nothing conclusive on the tapes so thats good news. Seems like only good players get in trouble so maybe this will kick start his career.

freddyg12 01-06-2011 03:35 PM

[quote=warpaint;775752]I was just about to post this. [B]If guilty do you think this could push a trade for him[/B]. Shanny did say he wanted guys with character?[/quote]

I think it certainly raises the possibility; he will be in the last year of his contract. Problem is, if he's guilty and gets suspended his value goes down.

I would like to see Davis sign on longer & become the starter in a couple years, but he may not be that patient. He's also shown his lack of maturity a couple times now, hopefully he isn't guilty.

mredskins 01-06-2011 03:37 PM

Let me roll this out o nthe floor before this thread gets to big.

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4kVvEIWifMfOXhXfVxLefNIt_J1BWBLHhiSOzq00YZx9DGBg1[/IMG]

drew54 01-06-2011 03:37 PM

Well, more reasons not to trade Chris Cooley.

skinsnut 01-06-2011 03:38 PM

[quote=freddyg12;775760]I think it certainly raises the possibility; he will be in the last year of his contract. Problem is, if he's guilty and gets suspended his value goes down.

I would like to see Davis sign on longer & become the starter in a couple years, but he may not be that patient. He's also shown his lack of maturity a couple times now, hopefully he isn't guilty.[/quote]

Maybe going to clubs explains why he slept through practice as a rookie!
This guy needs to stay out of trouble...hopefully, this issue will be a wake up call for him to be far more careful

SmootSmack 01-06-2011 03:45 PM

Grant Paulsen said he talked to Fred Davis who said he was leaving the club around 1 am, walked past a woman and accidentally bumped her. She threw a drink in his face. He did the same to her.

mooby 01-06-2011 03:53 PM

I think it's pretty hilarious how everytime something bad goes down at a club someone has to ask the question,"Why don't they just stay out of the club?" Put it in their shoes, if you were rich, single, and dtf, and/or a well known football player, would you stay out of the club? NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL players won't stop being who they are simply because of stature or how much money they have. They go to the clubs for the same reason normal people go to clubs. I used to have that mindset but people are going to have to accept the fact that athletes are never going to stay away from the club.

Redskins_P 01-06-2011 04:25 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;775768]Grant Paulsen said he talked to Fred Davis who said he was leaving the club around 1 am, walked past a woman and accidentally bumped her. She threw a drink in his face. He did the same to her.[/quote]

I wonder how intoxicated this woman was. Throw a drink in someones face just because they bump in to you? Wow. Real ghetto.

Dirtbag59 01-06-2011 04:26 PM

[quote=skinsnut;775758]Why don't some NFL players use some common sense and say out of bars.
If you play with fire, eventually, you are gunna get burned.
What happened to keeping your hands to yourself and turning the other cheek?[/quote]

I agree. Technically it shouldn't be that hard to stay out of bars and even if you insist on going out to a bar you should be able to get into the more exclusive upscale clubs. However I guess the temptation of easy women in a bar is to much for these guys to pass up, and when you're an NFL player a lot of the women in bars become pretty easy.

[quote]Law enforcement sources tell us the club is equipped with surveillance cameras which captured the confrontation ... and cops will review the footage. [/quote]

Lol, apparently Fred Davis threw a challenge flag.

Ruhskins 01-06-2011 04:47 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;775788]I agree. Technically it shouldn't be that hard to stay out of bars and even if you insist on going out to a bar you should be able to get into the more exclusive upscale clubs. However I guess the temptation of easy women in a bar is to much for these guys to pass up, and when you're an NFL player a lot of the women in bars become pretty easy.

[B]Lol, apparently Fred Davis threw a challenge flag.[/B][/quote]

I'd like to see Tirico, Gruden, and Jaws break down the tape. LOL.

DM72 01-06-2011 04:50 PM

[quote=Redskins_P;775787]I wonder how intoxicated this woman was. Throw a drink in someones face just because they bump in to you? Wow. Real ghetto.[/quote]

What?

hooskins 01-06-2011 05:03 PM

Who knows what happened. Fred seems like a good kid and I hope his side of the story is true. We will see.

Seems like it's going to be a whole lot of nothing.

mlmpetert 01-06-2011 05:04 PM

looks like a pretty swanky place:

[URL="http://www.josephinedc.com/"]Josephine | 1008 Vermont Ave NW[/URL]

mooby 01-06-2011 05:21 PM

[quote=DM72;775802]What?[/quote]

He's implying that the woman who threw a drink in his face is ghetto because all FD did was accidentally bump into her. He's prob. got a good point, I can't think of any average, sane, rational person who would get all upset enough to throw a drink in a guys face for bumping into them.

hooskins 01-06-2011 05:23 PM

Been there a few times in the past. It's a nice place.

skinsnut 01-06-2011 05:24 PM

[quote=mooby;775773]I think it's pretty hilarious how everytime something bad goes down at a club someone has to ask the question,"Why don't they just stay out of the club?" Put it in their shoes, if you were rich, single, and dtf, and/or a well known football player, would you stay out of the club? NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL players won't stop being who they are simply because of stature or how much money they have. They go to the clubs for the same reason normal people go to clubs. I used to have that mindset but people are going to have to accept the fact that athletes are never going to stay away from the club.[/quote]

Mooby,
I understand your point...but the NFL actually provides training to teach these guys to stay out of trouble by staying out of bad situations....it seems to me that the majority of problems sports players get into is because they have put themselves in high risk situation..such as bars, hanging out with friends with a bad history, carrying weapons, going on party boats, etc.
Just because you are a professional athlete does not mean you should be a moron....in fact you need to be far more restrictive with where and with whom you hang out with....I know this is a sore subject but even Sean Taylor was a victim on who he chose to hang with...so did Vick, etc.
If it weren't such a problem....why would the NFL spend so much money and time trying to drum in players heads to stay out of places with trouble written all over them.

I have kids....I don't take them to NFL games...why?....because I don't want them exposed to the language and drunkeness.

Professional atheletes can not be suprised that they get accused at bars for assault, drunkeness, sexual harrassment, dui's...etc.
These guys have bullseyes on their backs and they are more at risk at a bar than they are on the field. They will be targetted by drunks taking dares and women looking for money/bragging rights.
These guys are crazy for hanging out with the general public that has a mix of people that are drunk or on drugs...It is hard enough for these guys to go to Walmart without incident.

Ask yourself this...is it really that important to risk your career just to drink beers with a bunch of strangers?

The average career for an NFL player is what....5 years or so?
Can't they chill for that long?

Funny...I don't hear of Peyton Manning getting into trouble for this....it's probably because he listed to his dad.

I know what I am saying is unrealistic...but this is classic where not to go and what not to do taught in NFL 101.

Maybe Fred will take this as a learning experience if he is smart.
We should all mail him a box of wine to enjoy at home

SmootSmack 01-06-2011 05:35 PM

Per @dhellie of News 4: "just read report on Fred Davis incident... Video tape confirms his story. "He reached for girl in calm manner... she threw drink on him" More from officer who viewed tape: He came back with a plastic container (he told me it was OJ) and threw it on her. He tossed plastic container at her body not causing injury. She was elbowed by accident after. (didn't say by who)"

Defensewins 01-06-2011 05:40 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;775768]Grant Paulsen said he talked to Fred Davis who said he was leaving the club around 1 am, walked past a woman and accidentally bumped her. She threw a drink in his face. He did the same to her.[/quote]

He was leaving a bar with a drink in his hand?
One for the road?
I guess they changed the laws in DC.
Kidding!
I hope he did nothing wrong and he can continue his promising career.
He is a good TE.

SmootSmack 01-06-2011 05:42 PM

[quote=Defensewins;775816]He was leaving a bar with a drink in his hand?
One for the road?
I guess they changed the laws in DC.[/quote]

Sorry, I accidentally wrote leaving the club. He wasn't leaving

hooskins 01-06-2011 05:46 PM

Just heard on espn 980, that this is pretty much going to be dropped. Video confirmed his story. He threw a drink on her and his elbow bumped her.

DCtoAZ 01-06-2011 05:51 PM

[quote=mooby;775773]I think it's pretty hilarious how everytime something bad goes down at a club someone has to ask the question,"Why don't they just stay out of the club?" Put it in their shoes, if you were rich, single, and dtf, and/or a well known football player, would you stay out of the club? NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL players won't stop being who they are simply because of stature or how much money they have. They go to the clubs for the same reason normal people go to clubs. I used to have that mindset but people are going to have to accept the fact that athletes are never going to stay away from the club.[/quote]

Well put ... this sounds like a load of BS yet Freddy Davis is going to be get crazy bad publicity on this, I mean TMZ .. who even knew TMZ knew who FRED DAVIS was .. give this guy a fair shot .. besides he's a guy whose getting better, the last few games I thought he and Cooley were starting to be a nice combo threat .. let's hope this is just a case of poor judgement and not an "assault" .. HTTR :banghead:

tryfuhl 01-06-2011 06:02 PM

No big deal in the end but why go back for a drink to throw?

Longtimefan 01-06-2011 06:04 PM

Don't think much will come of it, I just hate to see players continue to place themselves in precarious situations. Little petty stuff like this is just not supposed to happen and could easily be avoided.

SmootSmack 01-06-2011 06:09 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;775820]No big deal in the end but why go back for a drink to throw?[/quote]

Yeah I thought that was weird

But as far as him being at the club in the first place, hundreds of pro athletes throughout the country were out last night and most had no incident. So it's not as big a deal as it's made out to be

Monkeydad 01-06-2011 06:44 PM

Sounds like Fred was one victim of the assault.

Police seem to be taking his side according to 980AM.

saden1 01-06-2011 06:44 PM

You guys want 25 yo millionaires to stay out of bars? LOL @ You.

Stacks42 01-06-2011 06:46 PM

Oh No!!! OJ strikes again.....
who drinks orange juice at a club?

JoeRedskin 01-06-2011 07:09 PM

[quote=Stacks42;775830][B]Oh No!!! OJ strikes again[/B].....
who drinks orange juice at a club?[/quote]

ROFL!! Nice!

Beemnseven 01-06-2011 07:15 PM

[quote=Stacks42;775830]Oh No!!! OJ strikes again.....
[B]who drinks orange juice at a club?[/B] [/quote]

I will if it has vodka in it.

Stacks42 01-06-2011 07:29 PM

it was in a plastic bottle..

skinsfaninok 01-06-2011 07:41 PM

I wonder if anyone was on that DRANK? Lmao

mooby 01-06-2011 07:52 PM

[quote=skinsnut;775813]Mooby,
I understand your point...but the NFL actually provides training to teach these guys to stay out of trouble by staying out of bad situations....it seems to me that the majority of problems sports players get into is because they have put themselves in high risk situation..such as bars, hanging out with friends with a bad history, carrying weapons, going on party boats, etc.
Just because you are a professional athlete does not mean you should be a moron....in fact you need to be far more restrictive with where and with whom you hang out with....I know this is a sore subject but even Sean Taylor was a victim on who he chose to hang with...so did Vick, etc.
If it weren't such a problem....why would the NFL spend so much money and time trying to drum in players heads to stay out of places with trouble written all over them.

I have kids....I don't take them to NFL games...why?....because I don't want them exposed to the language and drunkeness.

Professional atheletes can not be suprised that they get accused at bars for assault, drunkeness, sexual harrassment, dui's...etc.
These guys have bullseyes on their backs and they are more at risk at a bar than they are on the field. They will be targetted by drunks taking dares and women looking for money/bragging rights.
These guys are crazy for hanging out with the general public that has a mix of people that are drunk or on drugs...It is hard enough for these guys to go to Walmart without incident.

[B]Ask yourself this...is it really that important to risk your career just to drink beers with a bunch of strangers?[/B]

The average career for an NFL player is what....5 years or so?
Can't they chill for that long?

Funny...I don't hear of Peyton Manning getting into trouble for this....it's probably because he listed to his dad.

I know what I am saying is unrealistic...but this is classic where not to go and what not to do taught in NFL 101.

Maybe Fred will take this as a learning experience if he is smart.
We should all mail him a box of wine to enjoy at home[/quote]

I'd answer that question but unfortunately I'm not a professional athlete with millions of dollars looking for a good time. FD knew what he was getting himself into. All athletes know what they are getting themselves into, you just seem to be forgetting these guys are human. They buy houses, cars, marry, and have kids just like we do. They also go to clubs to have a good time, just like we do.

Just like the law frowns on murdering other people, the NFL frowns on players putting themselves in dangerous situations. But just because murder is frowned upon, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and it also doesn't mean NFL players won't go to clubs just because The Rog doesn't want them to. I know those are two extremely different examples, but the point remains the same.

tryfuhl 01-06-2011 09:41 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;775823]Yeah I thought that was weird

But as far as him being at the club in the first place, hundreds of pro athletes throughout the country were out last night and most had no incident. So it's not as big a deal as it's made out to be[/quote]Especially in the offseason, not that he hides from clubs during the regular season.

tryfuhl 01-06-2011 09:42 PM

[quote=Stacks42;775830]Oh No!!! OJ strikes again.....
who drinks orange juice at a club?[/quote]

People who take ecstacy

shitstorm, commence..

Nomad 01-07-2011 12:14 AM

Who cares......... community service.... move on

SirClintonPortis 01-07-2011 12:21 AM

Accused, but certainly won't be convicted because Davis didn't start it and his "retaliation" was hardly a retaliation.

Hell, Brandon Marshall was worse, stayed a starter, and was homesick for Shanahan once Mccrapniels took over.

rbanerjee23 01-07-2011 12:35 AM

Man, this franchise has so many issues. I hope that the players are smart and don't bring any extra problems over the off-season