Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskin Veteran Cuts (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43066)

JoeRedskin 07-28-2011 09:59 AM

re: Redskin Veteran Cuts

[quote=skinsguy;814993]Any word on what's happen with Portis and Rogers?[/quote]

We sent them gift baskets with little cards that said "Thanks for the memories - Go Away!"

JoeRedskin 07-28-2011 10:02 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;814924]So no DMcNabb, Haynesworth, or Rabach to gripe about. Beck is left out there like a lightning rod, he better do good, or all the pent up fan frustration will be hitting him like a class 5 hurricane[/quote]

Throw in the fact that CP and stone hands Rogers are gone and we pretty much have cut all the drama queens, pouters, etc.

Perhaps Shanahan read the Willie Parker quotes. lol.

Seriously, I think we are truly heading into a new chapter of the Skins. Some of the guys on this roster are going to be here 10 years or more. Not a lot of connection to the Skins of the 2000's. That's a good thing.

Ruhskins 07-28-2011 10:16 AM

Phillip Daniels relased per his own Twitter post. Good dude but he is getiing up there in age.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G.

Terpfan76 07-28-2011 10:22 AM

[quote=diehard;814996]Heyer at RG, for real.[/quote]

I'm not at all against that. He looked like a beast when he got some playing time at guard. Hell, we don't have anything to lose by giving him a shot at taking that spot.

Slingin Sammy 33 07-28-2011 10:29 AM

Excellent. Kory L. & Monty compete at C.

SmootSmack 07-28-2011 10:36 AM

Re: Redskin Veteran Cuts

Updated the thread title to broaden the scope. No true surprises so far

Maake
Rabach
Daniels
Andre Brown
Chad Simpson

Ruhskins 07-28-2011 10:37 AM

As expected Kemo has been released (per Twitter). Now available at Redskins park for sale: an XXXX-L Skins helmet.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G.

fanarchist 07-28-2011 10:38 AM

Re: Redskins Release Rabach

[quote=CRedskinsRule;814924]So no DMcNabb, Haynesworth, or Rabach to gripe about. Beck is left out there like a lightning rod, he better do good, or all the pent up fan frustration will be hitting him like a class 5 hurricane[/quote]

The guy hasn't taken a regular season snap for the Redskins and he's already incurring predisposed blame. Broad scope be damned.

Big C 07-28-2011 10:49 AM

very glad to get rid of rabach. he wasnt any good. kemo also sucked and had no future here. so thus far we've gotten rid of 2 vets who sucked (kemo and rabach) and traded away 2 players that the staff didnt want here anymore and who didnt want to be here anymore (mcnabb and haynesworth), and have received 2 6th rounders and a 5th for them (at least 2 are in 2013)

MTK 07-28-2011 10:54 AM

Add Roydell Williams to the cut list

freddyg12 07-28-2011 10:56 AM

Rabach & Daniels could've easily been cut in last year's housekeeping from a personel (not cap) standpoint. Good guys but old. Vets w/some tenure on team are now Cooley, Fletch & Moss. Some of our FAs, Doughty & Heyer e.g., will be old-timers in terms of years w/the team if they re-sign.

JoeRedskin 07-28-2011 11:00 AM

Again, I think last year was Shanahan saying - "Okay, I'll give you guys one more shot while I find out who is willing to play the game MY way" and that the majority of the house cleaning is going to be done this year. I expect that the majority of the Gibbs/Zorn roster, with a few notable exceptions (Hall, Cooley, Fletcher, Moss) will be gone by the first game.

That Guy 07-28-2011 11:09 AM

so far, sounds good.

Mechanix544 07-28-2011 11:11 AM

I think as a team, just getting rid of Fat Al and Rabach does wonders in the locker room, not to mention getting an actual body that can block out on the field as opposed to rabach.

Ruhskins 07-28-2011 11:30 AM

[quote=Mechanix544;815120]I think as a team, just getting rid of Fat Al and Rabach does wonders in the locker room, not to mention getting an actual body that can block out on the field as opposed to rabach.[/quote]

Rabach was never a locker room problem, his release does wonders to the o-line.