Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   34th Overall Pick (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55913)

WillH 05-09-2014 10:21 AM

Re: 34th Overall Pick

I keep reading analysts talking about whether prospects would fit in the redskins zone blocking scheme. Is that part of Gruden's scheme? Have they said for sure that zone blocking will continue to be part of our offensive scheme?

That Guy 05-09-2014 10:31 AM

yeah gruden said they'd be keeping it, and they kept the OL coach too.

Paintrain 05-09-2014 10:33 AM

My first preference would be a trade down. There are no fewer than 6 players (Kouandijo, Moses, Bitonio, Van Noy, Su-a-Filo, Attaochu) that are left that could step in and make an immediate impact. If they can move down once, maybe twice and pick up additional picks in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round that would be huge.

If they are stuck at 34, get Kouandijo as long as you're convinced the knee is sound and not a Malcolm Kelly situation. That may scare them towards Moses who I think has bigger bust potential not to mention I'm not sure I can stand 10 years of announcers thinking they're clever with 'watch Moses open up that running lane like he's parting the Red Sea!'.

Dream haul would be Bitonio in the early 40's and Attaochu in the mid 50's.

KI Skins Fan 05-09-2014 10:45 AM

[quote=Paintrain;1070836]My first preference would be a trade down. There are no fewer than 6 players (Kouandijo, Moses, Bitonio, Van Noy, Su-a-Filo, Attaochu) that are left that could step in and make an immediate impact. If they can move down once, maybe [B]twice[/B] and pick up additional picks in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round that would be huge.

If they are stuck at 34, get Kouandijo as long as you're convinced the knee is sound and not a Malcolm Kelly situation. That may scare them towards Moses who I think has bigger bust potential not to mention I'm not sure I can stand 10 years of announcers thinking they're clever with 'watch Moses open up that running lane like he's parting the Red Sea!'.

Dream haul would be Bitonio in the early 40's and Attaochu in the mid 50's.[/quote]

Move down [U]twice[/U]?! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? I'll be watching, you know. I'm pretty sure I can't stand to wtach the Skins move down twice. If they do, I'm afraid I'll be a victim of draft stress before the Skins pick.

If they move down from #34, maybe I'll just watch the NBA playoffs and then check back on the draft late in the evening. It's a matter of survival, man.

diehardskin2982 05-09-2014 10:49 AM

Louis Nix, Timmy Jernigan, or Cyrus Kouandjio. Oh my, I just pitched a tent!

Gary84Clark 05-09-2014 10:59 AM

Louis Nix looks like a clone of Vince Wilfork. At least in the face.

SirLK26 05-09-2014 11:10 AM

If Houston takes Su'a-Filo, we need to trade back several spots, likely with a team who wants a QB. We could trade back, get another pick in the 3rd(laugh at me if that's outrageous; what do you think we could get for a trade back?), and still have one of those top rated players available.

Su'a-Filo is an excellent OG, and he's got a nasty streak on the field. He would likely be our best interior lineman by the end of the year.

Lotus 05-09-2014 11:12 AM

[quote=Paintrain;1070836]My first preference would be a trade down. There are no fewer than 6 players (Kouandijo, Moses, Bitonio, Van Noy, Su-a-Filo, Attaochu) that are left that could step in and make an immediate impact. If they can move down once, maybe twice and pick up additional picks in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round that would be huge.

Dream haul would be Bitonio in the early 40's and Attaochu in the mid 50's.[/quote]

I like the trade down, even trade down twice, idea.

Although, as KI Skins Fan has said, it will be frustrating to watch.

CRedskinsRule 05-09-2014 11:28 AM

i definitely would be ok with one trade down, maybe with Tampa Bay. I wouldn't want to go much further down.

over the mountain 05-09-2014 11:39 AM

[quote=Lotus;1070845]I like the trade down, even trade down twice, idea.

Although, as KI Skins Fan has said, it will be frustrating to watch.[/quote]

im not a big fan of moving down too much or just moving down to move down.

id personally rather have a 2nd rounder vs 2 4th rounders.

i dont mind moving down a few spots but i want to walk away from the draft with at least one penciled-in starter vs a handful of potential contributors.

go get talent.

talent wins.

Irrefutable 05-09-2014 11:51 AM

[quote=over the mountain;1070848]im not a big fan of moving down too much or just moving down to move down.

id personally rather have a 2nd rounder vs 2 4th rounders.

i dont mind moving down a few spots but i want to walk away from the draft with at least one penciled-in starter vs a handful of potential contributors.

go get talent.

talent wins.[/quote]

the Redskins have plenty of needs, and there is plenty of depth in this draft. It is erroneous to assume pick #40 is automatically worse than #34.

A trade down from #34 will get much more than 2 4th rounders. It could add a late 2nd and a 3rd.

SirLK26 05-09-2014 12:05 PM

Draft value chart for those interested in moving down.

[url=http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php]Walters Football Site: NFL Draft Value Chart[/url]

redskin37 05-09-2014 12:08 PM

Moses and the rest is gravy.

Gary84Clark 05-09-2014 12:08 PM

Or move up a few spots from early 3rd round to late second?

KI Skins Fan 05-09-2014 12:11 PM

[quote=Irrefutable;1070852]the Redskins have plenty of needs, and there is plenty of depth in this draft. It is erroneous to assume pick #40 is automatically worse than #34.

A trade down from #34 will get much more than 2 4th rounders. It could add a late 2nd and a 3rd.[/quote]

According to ye olde trade chart we'd need to move down to the mid-second to pick up a late third. But that's just a guideline and it doesn't consider how keen the other team is to move up. If another team is after a QB, we could conceivably move down 8-10 spots and get a mid-third or more. That might be a good move depending on what our draft board looks like.