Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   34th Overall Pick (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55913)

Dirtbag59 05-09-2014 08:33 PM

Re: 34th Overall Pick

Who let Vinny Cerrato back into Redskins park?

Dirtbag59 05-09-2014 08:35 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1071113]Reach. I am annoyed.[/quote]

Lol, [URL="http://youtu.be/Lg-fAUzZmJk"]I am Jack's broken heart.[/URL]

budw38 05-09-2014 08:35 PM

Last year we picked TE Reed , nobody liked that pick at the time ......

punch it in 05-09-2014 08:36 PM

34th Overall Pick

The Reed pick wasnt like this imo. We knew that Davis was on his way out one way or another. This was a second round pick, and not a necessary need. Uggh.

skinsfanthru&thru 05-09-2014 08:39 PM

[quote=budw38;1071138]Last year we picked TE Reed , nobody liked that pick at the time ......[/quote]

Actually I thought I remember that pick was pretty well received. I know some people weren't happy about Kerrigan getting picked vs Gabbert years ago though. That's the thing with this process is we don't know squat and won't know squat for several months, but it sucks seeing a glaring hole involving protecting your franchise player get ignored for a rotational type player who was projected to go a round or two later.

donofriose 05-09-2014 08:39 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the Skins adding a pass rusher? He seems like a good player. Based on his size and skill he seems to be a very diverse player. Perfect for Jim. Maybe he has a lot more influence this year.

punch it in 05-09-2014 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=donofriose;1071144]Am I the only one who doesn't mind the Skins adding a pass rusher? He seems like a good player. Based on his size and skill he seems to be a very diverse player. Perfect for Jim. Maybe he has a lot more influence this year.[/QUOTE]

Its not what we added its when we added it.

donofriose 05-09-2014 08:42 PM

[quote=punch it in;1071148]Its not what we added its when we added it.[/quote]

Maybe he was the highest rated player on their board.

Jayroc24 05-09-2014 08:42 PM

We have a lot of our own free agents to sign next year......
I guess Orakpo is on his last deal with the Skins.

Dirtbag59 05-09-2014 08:43 PM

[quote=budw38;1071138]Last year we picked TE Reed , nobody liked that pick at the time ......[/quote]

Jordan Reed was actually well received last year. Granted not too many people thought it was an A grade pick but most people viewed it as solid. Plus it wasn't our first pick.

Murphy is a luxury pick and with Moses {OT UVA}still on the board it just doesn't make any sense. My guess is they like Fleming {OT Stan} or Mewhort {OT Ohio St} better but still lets call a spade a spade, at face value today its a terrible pick. Not 2008 bad but still pretty bad. Maybe it'll turn out good but yeah just wow.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct.

[quote=donofriose;1071153]Maybe he was the highest rated player on their board.[/quote]

I am so tired of GM's using the board cop out mainly because that was always Vinny's go to back in the day when people questioned his picks. Regardless there needs to be some wiggle room. Even if Murphy was the best player on our board I have a hard time believing he was head and shoulders above everyone else that was available.

Jayroc24 05-09-2014 08:48 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;1071157]Jordan Reed was actually well received last year. Granted not too many people thought it was an A grade pick but most people viewed it as solid. Plus it wasn't our first pick.

Murphy is a luxury pick and with Moses {OT UVA}still on the board it just doesn't make any sense. My guess is they like Fleming {OT Stan} or Mewhort {OT Ohio St} better but still lets call a spade a spade, at face value today its a terrible pick. Not 2008 bad but still pretty bad. Maybe it'll turn out good but yeah just wow.[/quote]

I don't know...... If Orakpo is on his last deal, then it is a smart cheap pick to fill his or Kerrigan shoes. Gives a year to get up to speed and learn the system. Next man up, with out having to draft need over BPA. Guys they know more about football than we do, let's keep that in mind.
By the way, not happy about the pick but keeping an open mind.....

budw38 05-09-2014 08:48 PM

Don't get me wrong , OLB was not what I was hoping for in rd 2 . However , maybe the Skins have Moses as an average pro OT ? I would have been happy with OL , DB , I just hope TM makes an impact .

Jayroc24 05-09-2014 08:50 PM

[quote=budw38;1071170]Don't get me wrong , OLB was not what I was hoping for in rd 2 . However , maybe the Skins have Moses as an average pro OT ? I would have been happy with OL , DB , I just hope TM makes an impact .[/quote]

Hey, me neither but the FO must know something we don't.....

Dirtbag59 05-09-2014 08:53 PM

[quote=Jayroc24;1071166]I don't know...... If Orakpo is on his last deal, then it is a smart cheap pick to fill his or Kerrigan shoes. Gives a year to get up to speed and learn the system. Next man up, with out having to draft need over BPA. Guys they know more about football than we do, let's keep that in mind.
By the way, not happy about the pick [B]but keeping an open mind[/B].....[/quote]

Yeah my more heady/logical side is doing that as well but right now my rage filled side just wants to push the big red "PURGE" button on everyone that was here before Bruce Allen.

With Murphy though I guess its nice that we won't have to worry about his work ethic but with Orakpo, Kerrigan, and Jackson just........even if they let Orakpo walk next year certainly they could have gotten a guy next year. I guess at least right now rage and melancholy are winning out.

brb need to make sure I'm using melancholy right.

[quote]melancholy   Use Melancholy in a sentence
mel·an·chol·y [mel-uhn-kol-ee] Show IPA
noun, plural mel·an·chol·ies.
a gloomy state of mind, especially when habitual or prolonged; depression.[/quote]
Lol yep NAILED IT.

Jayroc24 05-09-2014 08:54 PM

[quote=budw38;1071170]Don't get me wrong , OLB was not what I was hoping for in rd 2 . However , maybe the Skins have Moses as an average pro OT ? I would have been happy with OL , DB , I just hope TM makes an impact .[/quote]

Now if we select a running back in round 3, to hell with what I said earlier...
What are they thinking.....lol