Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54731)

The Goat 10-14-2013 12:11 AM

Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

I waited as long as I could...

SFREDSKIN 10-14-2013 12:13 AM

Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Roman HC

Bowles DC

GTripp0012 10-14-2013 12:17 AM

Mike Shanahan is not the answer to any question worth asking, but it's too early to know if the Redskins need to clean house completely. We have some pretty good assistant coaches on this staff, and as long as the players respond to them, it probably doesn't make a ton of sense to clean out the entire coaching staff.

The short term fix is probably to bring in some coaching help from the outside to help get the players in position to succeed. After the season, you can start to weed out the problems in the organization. I don't think firing coaches midseason will help nearly as much as getting more voices in the building will.

SFREDSKIN 10-14-2013 12:21 AM

We do have some talented coaches, at the same time, bad too. Haslett, Burns and the Shanahans need to go

The Goat 10-14-2013 12:23 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;1032676]Mike Shanahan is not the answer to any question worth asking, but it's too early to know if the Redskins need to clean house completely. We have some pretty good assistant coaches on this staff, and as long as the players respond to them, it probably doesn't make a ton of sense to clean out the entire coaching staff.

The short term fix is probably to bring in some coaching help from the outside to help get the players in position to succeed. After the season, you can start to weed out the problems in the organization. I don't think firing coaches midseason will help nearly as much as getting more voices in the building will.[/quote]

One of the rare posts where we disagree. I think there's already enough confusion among this coaching staff. And which asst coaches are worth keeping? Not Haslett of Kyle for eff sakes

GTripp0012 10-14-2013 12:23 AM

I don't think we know anything about Keith Burns as a coach after five games. Our special teams are dreadful. If they remain this bad, that reflects poorly on him.

Mike Shanahan managed the game just as poorly today as he did in 2010, 2011, and 2012. Common link at this point is he cannot manage a pro football game adequately. Isn't skilled enough to do it.

SmootSmack 10-14-2013 12:24 AM

I won't tell you the names at the top of the wish list because I'm an evil moderator

But I don't see what's so great about Bowles to be honest, and Roman for that matter.

Actually I don't care what the answer is, I suspect I already know

SFREDSKIN 10-14-2013 12:28 AM

Just like you said about Harbaugh. Darrell Bevell is another bright guy.

GTripp0012 10-14-2013 12:28 AM

[quote=The Goat;1032679]One of the rare posts where we disagree. I think there's already enough confusion among this coaching staff. And which asst coaches are worth keeping? Not Haslett of Kyle for eff sakes[/quote]The head coach and both coordinators do not add anything on game day.

Kyle is going to get a lot of credit for building the offense that is mimmicked across america on Saturdays. He's going to have employment for life. He doesn't need this specific job. He'll land on his feet.

Haslett might be nearing the end as an NFL coach. I don't think he's been that bad of a defensive coordinator. His schemes are mostly hit or miss. I just don't know what he's adding at this point for the trouble.

I don't even know what Mike Shanahan does on gamedays anymore. If you hid him in the locker room and made us play without a head coach for three quarters, I doubt anyone on earth could tell you which quarter he was present for. He's invisible.

rbanerjee23 10-14-2013 12:28 AM

Gruden? He's the biggest name out there right now. And I know Cowher doesn't want to come back but he was always my choice over Shanny

punch it in 10-14-2013 12:30 AM

Dave Toub, Mike Zimmer.
Would have loved Rob Chudzinski.

CultBrennan59 10-14-2013 12:33 AM

David Shaw at Stanford is considered the next big College Football Coach to go to the Pros. I think we should go for Art Briles only because he knows what he's doing with Robert.

SFREDSKIN 10-14-2013 12:36 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;1032691]David Shaw at Stanford is considered the next big College Football Coach to go to the Pros. I think we should go for Art Briles only because he knows what he's doing with Robert.[/quote]

Yes! How could I forget about him.

Darrell_Green_28 10-14-2013 12:37 AM

JOE GIBBS I I I would be J G I I I to go with R G I I I

CultBrennan59 10-14-2013 12:39 AM

MARC TRESTM...ahh nevermind