Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins dominating the 1st round (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64364)

sdskinsfan2001 04-25-2019 11:27 PM

Redskins dominating the 1st round

This round is so fucking amazing. What did we need the most:

1. A dominate edge rusher
2. A QB

We got both.

THIS 1ST ROUND WAS FUCKING AMAZING.

WE DID SOME PATRIOT LEVEL SHIT.

I HAVE A FUCKING BONER.

SFREDSKIN 04-25-2019 11:29 PM

Re: Redskins dominating the 1st round

Kyle Smith gets the credit, he’s the new Beathard.

httr198020 04-25-2019 11:30 PM

We got the best qb in the draft and a freak on the edge. I would say this is an amazing night for this team. And we still go two picks tomorrow.

sdskinsfan2001 04-25-2019 11:37 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1222234]Kyle Smith gets the credit, he’s the new Beathard.[/quote]

I like Kyle Smith, he would be my GM now if my opinion mattered. But don't care what combination of people made this work. WE FUCKING CRUSHED IT!!!

Ruhskins 04-25-2019 11:37 PM

Kyle Smith is being paid a lot of money so he won't leave. He's worth every penny.

skinsfan69 04-25-2019 11:44 PM

Great first day for the Redskins, no doubt about that.

Pervis_Griffith 04-25-2019 11:45 PM

Awesome first round.

And Fuck Dallas.

skinsfaninok 04-25-2019 11:46 PM

No doubt but until the Wins add up I won't take any Kool-Aid

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 04-25-2019 11:46 PM

We got Montez Bad Ass Motherfucking Sweat for 2 cursed 2nd round picks.

I couldn't imagine this round going better

Even if you loathe Haskins, you gotta love Sweat. He is a fucking beast.

What a great 1st round.

mooby 04-26-2019 12:05 AM

I really hope for our sake the heart murmur rumor was misdiagnosed, but it's still a gamble. And Haskins might be good, and I'd love to eat some crow on that one, but the reality is the situation that he's stepping into isn't ideal. We have no weapons at wideout, a Pro-Bowl injury-prone tight end, a good offensive line, and a lame duck head coach. Hopefully Keenum holds it down for a year and he can step in in 2020 with better weapons. But Gruden might not be around in 2020 if they stay average this year.

jamf 04-26-2019 12:19 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1222248]No doubt but until the Wins add up I won't take any Kool-Aid

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

This!

skinsfan69 04-26-2019 12:38 AM

[quote=mooby;1222261]I really hope for our sake the heart murmur rumor was misdiagnosed, but it's still a gamble. And Haskins might be good, and I'd love to eat some crow on that one, but the reality is the situation that he's stepping into isn't ideal. We have no weapons at wideout, a Pro-Bowl injury-prone tight end, a good offensive line, and a lame duck head coach. Hopefully Keenum holds it down for a year and he can step in in 2020 with better weapons. But Gruden might not be around in 2020 if they stay average this year.[/quote]

I don't want to see Keenum unless Haskins is hurt or down right dreadful. Does anyone really want to see Case Keenum? The pressure to play Haskins will be intense, not only from the fans but from the person who signs the checks.

punch it in 04-26-2019 01:31 AM

Wow. Nothing is a sure thing on draft night, but I couldn’t have imagined a better first round.

AnonEmouse 04-26-2019 05:40 AM

I like both picks so far, but I can't help wondering if they'd have been in a quandary if the Ravens hadn't taken Brown. Would we have had Sweat higher on our board than Brown? I hope they felt burnt by taking Doctson in the 1st and that there were enough top WR's still left to pick one up after rd1. At least the trade up they did do was relatively cheap (and if he proves the monster he could be then VERY cheap), and they didn't stretch for Haskins.

NB Seen Haskins reaction on twitter. [url]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=haskins+reaction+to+giants+pick&view=detail&mid=7E7F5AFCC2A0A89F96317E7F5AFCC2A0A89F9631&FORM=VIRE[/url] :)

Chico23231 04-26-2019 05:54 AM

Added youth at the 2 most important positions on the team is really big. The economy of the game also puts these two at low cap numbers for 5 years option contracts as well which also allows for cap flex in the coming years.

2 picks in the 3rd round today...best player available at free safety, Guard, WR or TE.

RedskinJake 04-26-2019 08:52 AM

Well... BPA at WR, TE and OL.. at this point I think the D is locked. Just keep throwing picks at those 3 positions and hope a few stick. We might luck into fixing the OL and adding a monster WR if things go right. I'm a big fan of Hakeem Butler if we can get him in RD3.

REDSKINS4ever 04-26-2019 08:53 AM

Like all of you I wasn't expecting the Montez Sweat pick....but I'm glad they sent those 2 2nd round picks to Indianapolis....I honestly wanted them to get Brian Burns....but I'm satisfied with them taking Montez Sweat.....we drafted 2 impact players last night.

bigant 04-26-2019 09:02 AM

We need wr,then a guard

rocnrik 04-26-2019 09:07 AM

You factor in the Foster deal this is a good way to kick off upcoming season!! Need to get some day 2 help now!

los panda 04-26-2019 09:11 AM

I haven't been this excited in years. The front 7 is spooky and we finally have our QB!

Chico23231 04-26-2019 09:13 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1222290]You factor in the Foster deal this is a good way to kick off upcoming season!! Need to get some day 2 help now![/quote]

Thought about it this morning...Guice, Foster, Sweat, Collins, & Haskins...Blue Chip and Blue Chip potential type players all coming to the field this year.

Tennskinsfan 04-26-2019 09:18 AM

I never in a million years saw that trade happening last night. I was a nervous wreck all day that they were gunna trade up early. They stood their ground and I’m ecstatic.

If we can keep the momentum rolling into today and walk away with a WR and OG. I don’t care what route they go on Saturday.

Some of the guys I got my eye on:
JJ Arcega-Whiteside or Emanuel Hall as deep threats
Riley Ridley or Jalen Hurd as a slot. Hurd we could prob get in the 5th or later and he was a beast of a running back at Tennessee before transferring to Baylor. He still has a bit of learning to do. But the depth he would add as a last ditch running back would be worth it to me.

Guard id love to see ya get Micheal Jordan. He’s still a little raw but I feel that he has the best upside from the interior players.

If Ryan Finley drops low enough I wouldn’t mind ya going ahead and picking up Colts replacement as a backup.

SFREDSKIN 04-26-2019 09:29 AM

From JP Finlay:

Montez Sweat (Redskins 1st rounder, Defensive End) had the same 40-yard time in the 2019 Combine (4.41) as Robert Griffin III in 2012

rocnrik 04-26-2019 09:33 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1222293]Thought about it this morning...Guice, Foster, Sweat, Collins, & Haskins...Blue Chip and Blue Chip potential type players all coming to the field this year.[/quote]

Chico ..you are correct .. this team is vastly improved from last year.. IF and that’s a big IF we can stay healthy there is hope in DC ! We gotta stay positive!

Buffalo Bob 04-26-2019 09:59 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1222249]We got Montez Bad Ass Motherfucking Sweat for 2 cursed 2nd round picks.

I couldn't imagine this round going better

Even if you loathe Haskins, you gotta love Sweat. He is a fucking beast.

What a great 1st round.[/quote]

I just looked him up, the dude runs a 4.41? Hope he will be the opposing QBs worst nightmare.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-26-2019 10:08 AM

I'm nervous as hell about Haskins, but we're due to finally have one work out right? RIGHT?!?

Seriously, PUMPED about Sweat. Great value later in the round. Now let's stay healthy, grab an OG next (or that SDSU TE) then look a value WRs and call it a day.

mooby 04-26-2019 10:20 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1222271]I don't want to see Keenum unless Haskins is hurt or down right dreadful. Does anyone really want to see Case Keenum? The pressure to play Haskins will be intense, not only from the fans but from the person who signs the checks.[/quote]

Nah, fuck that. Let them battle it out in camp, let him sit for a year. You really think sitting for a year will hurt him?

Tennskinsfan 04-26-2019 10:46 AM

I would rather see him learn the system and let Keenum throw the ball for the year. Let Smith help to coach up Haskins and let him come out prepared. I think he would benefit greatly.

In reality he will probably start game one to put fans in seats and because it’s now most likely in Grudens best interest to try and save his job. Only time will tell.

DYoungJelly 04-26-2019 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=Tennskinsfan;1222333]I would rather see him learn the system and let Keenum throw the ball for the year. Let Smith help to coach up Haskins and let him come out prepared. I think he would benefit greatly.

In reality he will probably start game one to put fans in seats and because it’s now most likely in Grudens best interest to try and save his job. Only time will tell.[/QUOTE]Yes. Just like Mahomes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Number44 04-26-2019 11:04 AM

Two top-ten prospects with picks 15 and 26. Both were BPA at the time of the pick and also filled our two biggest needs. That just doesn't happen. Redskins hit a home run!

jamf 04-26-2019 11:26 AM

This draft so far is an A+.
We filled needs at the two most important positions in the NFL.

With that said, we need to temper our enthusiasm a bit.
We get too hung up on potential. I want to see these guys perform up to and beyond what we hope they can do.
Most importantly, I need them to perform in big time games like star players should.

MTK 04-26-2019 01:19 PM

Sweat has the potential to be a franchise type of pass rusher, I can’t wait to see this guy play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennskinsfan 04-26-2019 01:29 PM

Jeremy Bergman on NFL.com says Sweats heart condition was a misdiagnosis. Houston Texans team doctor and several other experts he saw said, the combine doctor accidentally included capillary muscles into the measurement. The info was released the day of the draft.

Don’t know how much truth there is to it yet, but if it’s accurate we got a even better steal than we though.

skinsfan69 04-26-2019 01:33 PM

[quote=mooby;1222317]Nah, fuck that. Let them battle it out in camp, let him sit for a year. You really think sitting for a year will hurt him?[/quote]

It's waste of time. Dummy down the offense and put Haskins in there. You don't get better by sitting and watching. We're not going to the Super Bowl anyway, especially with Keenum or noodle arm. Start him day one and have a run heavy offense.

CRedskinsRule 04-26-2019 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Tennskinsfan;1222371]Jeremy Bergman on NFL.com says Sweats heart condition was a misdiagnosis. Houston Texans team doctor and several other experts he saw said, the combine doctor accidentally included capillary muscles into the measurement. The info was released the day of the draft.

Don’t know how much truth there is to it yet, but if it’s accurate we got a even better steal than we though.[/QUOTE]Two years in a row the Skins ignored rumor info to capitalize on players falling. I dont put it past BA to be connected somehow to the source of these rumors.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chico23231 04-26-2019 02:42 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1222382]Two years in a row the Skins ignored rumor info to capitalize on players falling. I dont put it past BA to be connected somehow to the source of these rumors.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Lol...Bruce Allen does seem like the Roger Stone of NFL GMs. Does he have a tattoo of Gibbs on his back?

REDSKINS4ever 04-26-2019 02:46 PM

Kerrigan plays the strong side.....and Sweat played the strong side in college....which one of them are going to play the weak side ?

Schneed10 04-26-2019 02:49 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;1222386]Kerrigan plays the strong side.....and Sweat played the strong side in college....which one of them are going to play the weak side ?[/quote]

[YT]-AWtpFqKD-o[/YT]

MTK 04-26-2019 03:52 PM

[URL="https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-draft-round-1-winners-losers-giants-lose-with-daniel-jones-gambit-redskins-surprise-with-patience/"]2019 NFL Draft Round 1 Winners, Losers: Giants lose with Daniel Jones gambit, Redskins surprise with patience[/URL]

Giantone 04-26-2019 04:22 PM

[quote=MTK;1222397][URL="https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-draft-round-1-winners-losers-giants-lose-with-daniel-jones-gambit-redskins-surprise-with-patience/"]2019 NFL Draft Round 1 Winners, Losers: Giants lose with Daniel Jones gambit, Redskins surprise with patience[/URL][/quote]

That is one way to look at it..............

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028217/article/2019-nfl-draft-day-1-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams[/url]

New York Giants
Draft pick: Duke QB Daniel Jones (No. 6 overall); Clemson DT Dexter Lawrence (No. 17 overall); Georgia CB Deandre Baker (No. 30 overall)
Day 1 grade: B
Draft analysis: I mentioned Jones as a sensible replacement for Eli Manning back in November. The QB possesses a lot of positive traits, and it was time for the Giants to find a successor for Manning. However, many people do not believe Jones is an elite prospect, so the value of the pick will be questioned until he proves otherwise. They received an extra first-rounder in the trade of Odell Beckham to the Browns, and they selected Lawrence, a massive defensive tackle, with the pick. If he shows the ability to push the pocket as well as provide a wall inside, he'll be a major success. GM David Gettleman moved back into Round 1 to pick Baker, the top prospect at a position of need, giving up two Saturday picks (which they had a lot of) in the deal.