Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thank You Sean Taylor Thread... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=20995)

Gmanc711 11-27-2007 07:00 AM

Thank You Sean Taylor Thread...

I know another poster suggested this when things first broke, I know myself I'd like to personally have a place for this as well....but just use this thread as a place not so much for discussion...but just a chance to write your favorite memory about Sean or just something you want to send to him...

I know we have a few threads going on for/about him, but just use this to say any personal message or story you want.

Texanskin 11-27-2007 07:03 AM

Re: Thank You Sean Taylor Thread...

We had the hardest hitting safety since Ronnie Lott. My greatest Taylor moment was ALL the "jack'd up" moments he gave us every sunday.
RIP Taylor.

Sammy Baugh Fan 11-27-2007 07:04 AM

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/HIMheartagram75/SeanTaylor1.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Sean Taylor for making being a Redskins Fan fun again

Hail Skins and the #21 that should be retired
mike

Redskin Rich 11-27-2007 07:05 AM

What a loss of a hard hitting player. RIP

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 11-27-2007 07:06 AM

thank you for delivering us our first playoff birth since 99...and helping us win our first playoff game as well...you will be missed

BrudLee 11-27-2007 07:08 AM

Sean Taylor struck fear into the hearts of our opposition. His job was to enforce, and he did it [U]well.[/U]

Thank you for your service, and thank you for being a Washington Redskin.

Hog1 11-27-2007 07:08 AM

To a Redskins fan, it is not all about the money.....as we are fans. It is about the love of the game, and the ferocity of play. You understood this. That was your trademark...................ferocious play.
Thankyou Sean for many such memories. You were indeed a rare player, who loved the game, and was doing what they were made to do.
Your life may have been taken.............your memories will not

Sammy Baugh Fan 11-27-2007 07:20 AM

I'll be at the Redskins Store at the Mall when it opens at 9am. I never buy jerseys of current players, only HOF'ers and Legends.

I will buy [2] #21 LEDGEND Jerseys today. One for me and one for my son Elijah.

Hail Skins and Remember #21!!!!!
mike

Gmanc711 11-27-2007 07:23 AM

I'm litterally sobbing as I try to write this out.... I was one of the few lucky ones that got a chance to meet Sean...the absolute pleasure of meeting him....lol, I remember being in the tunnel at Raymond James in 2005 (Sean was out with an ankle injury) and a buddy of mine had on Seans jersey and I remember him looking over and I was just like "holy shit, that's Sean Taylor"....than in a story I must have told a thousand times by now....he just started walking over to us and introduced himself too us and I was just like "holy shit, who the fuck am I?" and he's like "What's up, I'm Sean"...and I swear to god, I'll never foget when he said that..I just remember thinking (still crying btw lol), "No shit you're Sean"...we talked for like 5 mintues, watched some of the Vikings/Giants game, and that was it...something I know he probaboly never thought twice about....but man that was one of the coolest moments of my life.....There were so many else he was behind.....

The Hit on Crayton down in Big D, the fumble return vs Tampa, the blocked feild goal return against Dallas, his hit this year during that first Eagles game on Reggie Brown nearly killed me because I went so nuts....my favorite it still is the fumble return against the Eagles to send us to the playoffs....I remember as he dove across the goal line like super man I was diving across my basement mimicking him and all my friends dog piled me...It was moments like that which make this worth it to me....

I hate the fact that I'll never be able to scream at my T.V. "Why is Sean Taylor the only guy who gives a damn on defense"

I hate the fact that I'll never be able to go nuts when he gets an interception...only to scream "SEAN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING" When he tries to latteral it like he always does....

I hate the fact that a daughter is now without her Dad, Parents without their son, and a fiance without her husband...

and I hate the fact that I'm without my hero.

Thanks Sean......It was truly a pleasure.

chrisl4064 11-27-2007 07:28 AM

One of the only reasons I enjoyed watching the Redskins play was watching Sean.

LRT 11-27-2007 07:33 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. One of my favorite memories of Sean Taylor was watching the Japanese language replay of the hit he put on that punter in the Pro Bowl. It seems the excited, "Oh!," that follows a big hit is the same in any language.

Also, I'll always remember seeing all the aligator arms as receivers crossed the middle of the field.

Rajmahal33 11-27-2007 07:34 AM

Rest in Peace Sean,

You were a good man who was making strides and you were cut down in your prime. I pray for your family and the entire redskins family as we grieve the loss of a great soul. Thanks for the memories.

djnemo65 11-27-2007 07:40 AM

Would have gone down as one of the greatest. Did more in 3 and a half years then most players do in a lifetime. You'll always be my favorite Redskin and I'll never forget you.

Daseal 11-27-2007 07:41 AM

Definitely one of my favorite players with loads of potential to be one of the best players in the league. My favorite memory is when he blew up Willie Parker when we went to Pittsburgh a few years ago. Gibbs first year I believe.

BleedBurgundy 11-27-2007 08:02 AM

What is that saying about the brightest fires burning out the fastest? Sean burst on the scene with big hit after big hit. They could have renamed Jacked Up the sean taylor show for a few weeks. Then, after becoming one of the league's most intimidating players, he changes his game and starts ball hawking.

Thank you ST, for all of the great moments. For keeping me on the edge of my seat. For every moment that I was asking myself how lucky we were to have you on our team. For every play that made me jump off my couch. For that blocked field goal recovery against Dallas. For that huge hit to ice the "Ring Of Honor" game in dallas. For jacking up a punter in the pro bowl and making me laugh. For keeping me excited about my favorite team, even when we were losing. Thank you Sean. Rest in peace.

mooby 11-27-2007 08:05 AM

[quote=Daseal;383933]Definitely one of my favorite players with loads of potential to be one of the best players in the league. My favorite memory is when he blew up Willie Parker when we went to Pittsburgh a few years ago. Gibbs first year I believe.[/quote]

I have a .GIF of that on my computer. I remember watching him his rookie year and thinking, man, the best is truly yet to come. All the plays he made, every game I remember watching him and thinking, man he truly is the complete safety. I love watching him lay out the opposition with no regards to his health. You could tell how much football meant to him by the way he played.

Remember the interview this summer where he said "we make a king's ransom to play a kid's game"? When I heard that, I gained so much respect for him. It wasn't about the money, to him it was about the impact he made on the game, and he understood that he had one chance to give it his all and he wanted to be the best he could be.

I'll never forget you Sean, and when the Skins store opens up in an hour I will be there waiting to buy a jersey to honor your memory. I'm still in absolute shock, I got off work 2 hours ago and came home expecting good news and now this. You are in a better place and you truly were a Washington Redskin. I only wish it didn't have to end like this.

hagams 11-27-2007 08:08 AM

Sean was my favorite player on the squad in the past several years. It wasn't that he was the biggest hitter, or the play maker on the defense. It was his attitude, and love of the game. It doesn't matter who was talking about what team, I know as soon as I threw Sean's name in the conversation everyone became a Redskin fan. We love you Sean, may God bless your soul.

I agree....RETIRE #21. There will never be a Redskin CB/SS/FS like the one we lost today.

Schneed10 11-27-2007 08:10 AM

Sean, thank you for the joys you have brought to all of us over the past four years. Watching you play has been a privelege. You were the true definition of "safety", the last line of defense. You lived up to that position, because this season I never felt more "safe" than I did when you were back there. Your presence on the field made me feel so confident that nobody could get anything deep on our team. And on the occasions when a ball did get launched on us, rather than feeling a pit in my stomach, I felt confident that you'd be there to swat it away or snatch it out of the air.

But today as a fan, I'm left feeling empty. I'll forever hold on to your memory not just as a player, but as a person. Thank you for being a [B]great father[/B]. There is no greater accomplishment in life than to provide for and love completely your children. Though you were so young, and had so much football ahead of you, even at such a young age you accomplished greatness as a father. Your achievements on the field, no matter how many years you played, will always be dwarfed by your greatest of feats. Thank you for that; the world needs more fathers just like you.

In the words of Paul Simon, and on Jackie Taylor's behalf:

"I'm going to watch you shine,
Going to watch you grow.
Going to paint a sign
So you'll always know,
As long as one and one is two,
There will never be a father who loves his daughter more than I love you."

Redskins8588 11-27-2007 08:12 AM

I just would like to say thanks for everything that he has done in a Redskins uniform. I bought a full size replica helmet with his autograph on it after the redskins drafted him just knowing that he would be a great player. Even though he was young in his career you could just tell that he was going to be a great player... RIP Mr. Taylor

SouperMeister 11-27-2007 08:13 AM

I didn't know much about Taylor coming out of Miami, pre-draft scouting reports aside. My brother is a Hokie, and told me that the guy is a once in a generation safety - a bigger, faster version of Ronnie Lott. Taylor immediately became my favorite Redskin, and in one of his first starts against Chicago, he made a huge impact with an INT and a sack.

From that game forward, I never wanted to miss the defense, because I knew that #21 might do something special on any given play. There were too many to name, but my favorite Taylor memories was the way he took big time WRs out of the game. T.O. was a non-impact whenever he faced the Skins with Taylor on the field. Same with Randy Moss - I fondly recall Taylor slamming Moss to the field after knocking away a deep throw down the middle of the field.

Then there were the game changing plays - the playoff clinching scoop and TD return against Philly in 2005, only to do it a week later at Tampa in the playoffs. I attended the Cowboys game in 2006 when Taylor recovered the blocked Dallas game winning FG and returned it to a position where the Redskins won with a FG the next play - a great play by a great player. It sends chills down the spine to hear Gibbs recount that play - the one player on his D that he would want to return a block in that situation, happened to get the ball. Taylor was just a dynamic player.

For those of you too young to recall U of Maryland basketball in the mid-80's, for me, this is so reminiscent of the Len Bias tragedy. I loved watching Len attack the rim the way Sean attacked opposing receivers and ball carriers. Both Sean and Len were freakish physical specimens who would have left a lasting legacy had they played full careers. I feel much of the same emptiness today that I felt on June 19, 1986.

Thanks for the memories Sean. I will never forget you.

FRPLG 11-27-2007 08:24 AM

I'll remember everything. The good, the bad but most of all I'll remember forever what he meant to us. In a time of medocrity and struggle he signified hope. He was our bastion of light at the end of the tunnel. When he played poorly no one was mad because we were afraid he wasn't as good as we had thought. We were mad because we knew he was EVERYTHING we thought. When he played well we won. When he played well it gave us pride. We had the MEAST and no matter what the rest of our team looked like we could count on that man to lay a beat down. His ability to show up is what I'll remember. When so many couldn't he always did. RIP Sean.

rypper11 11-27-2007 08:37 AM

For me, the Green Bay game epitomizes Sean the football player. Two picks and nobody wanted to catch the ball on his side of the field.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-27-2007 08:38 AM

My favorite player for the Skins ever. Nobody else out there would lay the wood like he used to.

htownskinfan 11-27-2007 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711;383921]I'm litterally sobbing as I try to write this out.... I was one of the few lucky ones that got a chance to meet Sean...the absolute pleasure of meeting him....lol, I remember being in the tunnel at Raymond James in 2005 (Sean was out with an ankle injury) and a buddy of mine had on Seans jersey and I remember him looking over and I was just like "holy shit, that's Sean Taylor"....than in a story I must have told a thousand times by now....he just started walking over to us and introduced himself too us and I was just like "holy shit, who the fuck am I?" and he's like "What's up, I'm Sean"...and I swear to god, I'll never foget when he said that..I just remember thinking (still crying btw lol), "No shit you're Sean"...we talked for like 5 mintues, watched some of the Vikings/Giants game, and that was it...something I know he probaboly never thought twice about....but man that was one of the coolest moments of my life.....There were so many else he was behind.....

The Hit on Crayton down in Big D, the fumble return vs Tampa, the blocked feild goal return against Dallas, his hit this year during that first Eagles game on Reggie Brown nearly killed me because I went so nuts....my favorite it still is the fumble return against the Eagles to send us to the playoffs....I remember as he dove across the goal line like super man I was diving across my basement mimicking him and all my friends dog piled me...It was moments like that which make this worth it to me....

I hate the fact that I'll never be able to scream at my T.V. "Why is Sean Taylor the only guy who gives a damn on defense"

I hate the fact that I'll never be able to go nuts when he gets an interception...only to scream "SEAN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING" When he tries to latteral it like he always does....

I hate the fact that a daughter is now without her Dad, Parents without their son, and a fiance without her husband...

and I hate the fact that I'm without my hero.

Thanks Sean......It was truly a pleasure.[/QUOTE]

great post,cant add much to that
Sean,thanks for the memories
R.I.P.

redsk1 11-27-2007 08:43 AM

Unbelievable talent. It was just fun watching him play. He was like a human missle.

One of my favorite plays was the play that never happened. I believe it was Pinkston who alligator armed a throw down the middle that Mr. ST was closing in on like a train.

Just fun to watch him play. I hate to have conceded thoughts like that. Most importantly the young man lost his life and his daughter has to grow up w/ out a father. Very sad.

#56fanatic 11-27-2007 08:43 AM

I have been hit with so much emotion over Sean's passing, as we all have been. Sean was becoming a man, and a great father and a future husband. This above all is more important than anything he could do on a football field. I feel sad thinking of a little girl that will never get to see her father. It is unbelievable how petty some of us are when it comes to our team, and puts things in perspective when things like this happen. I pray for Seans family. Football is a game Sean loved to play every week, but fatherhood is something Sean loved every second of every day. It is a sad day for us Redskin fans knowing we will not see that famed #21 smash someone coming across the middle. I can not imagine how our boys will react to this loss, I could care less about our season right now.

#21 will always be a "true Redskin" and will always be remembered.
RIP Sean... we will miss you.

TampaDude 11-27-2007 08:47 AM

Thanks for all the memories, Sean...you were taken from us far too soon...RIP, bro...you'll be missed...

theBIGC_1982 11-27-2007 08:55 AM

Last night on the news they showed the gathering at Redskin Park and a fan talked about what we could do as fans.

I'm going to go donate blood. It seems silly on some level. I know the doctors did everything they could. But maybe someone else will survive.

Gmanc711 11-27-2007 08:57 AM

My Mom wanted to chime in with...

Hail to a Redskin
Sean Taylor
We love you

Hail to a Redskin
Our Prayers
go forth with you

Hail to a Redskin
A football player
yes

But to oh so many people
he was so much more than that
A son, a friend
A fiance
A Brother. a Daddy too.
Dear God we pray for Sean
and his family too.

Hail to you Sean Taylor
A Redskin
Through and Through
Hail to a Redskin
Sean Taylor
We'll miss you

R.I.P. Sean #21
forever

twinskinsfan 11-27-2007 09:06 AM

Sad Day. My great memory about Taylor is his mystery. He came to work, and did his job and didn't let anyone know about it. Humble guy, who was too good for this league, THER WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER FOOTBALL PLAYER LIKE SEAN. We were privliged to have him on our team for the time we had him. I live way outin Idaho and envy you guys who have gotten a chance to see and meet him. Hail to the Redskins, Hail to Sean Taylor. Let the games continue. Thanks

BigSKINBauer 11-27-2007 09:06 AM

Sean Talor really is the nicest person you could have met. I thank him for keeping us entertained but the fact that he spoke to me longer than any other redskin also says a lot.

I remember the day i met him. It was just a year and a half ago but i have grown up so much since. I was so excited to meet him. This is what I wrote on here after meeting him

[quote]Sean BTW is the nicest guy in the world. He hasn't signed in the past but i really don't care much for autographs. He wants to talk to the fans and that is the cool thing. He was especially nice to the girls we brought along. They just gave him a hand shake and he made them do it again by inter locking the thumbs then pulling back and interlocking the fingers, if you know what I am talking about. He looked at another girls pink jersey and said in a girls voice, 'i like pink' and started to laugh. I talked shit about TO and he kept quiet but smiled. After we waited for a bit and he went to the parking lot. When we were walking back, my friend and his girlfriend went over to say bye one more time. At that time, sean, according to my friend, leaned back and "checked [his] girlfriend's ass out" when they were walking away. This made him very, very happy and he(and she) felt it gave him some bragging rights.

I yelled to taylor, that i would see him at camp. Normally the players would just wave or something. He actually walked towards me and said that he was looking forward to it and that it would be 'hot'. He told me that I should definately come and that he is going to work hard. I left but came back minutes later to get a picture. Taylor spoke with me for a few minutes which was very surprising. He asked about where I was going next year and about my major. I told him business and he said what kind and i told him i wasn't too sure. He started to talk about how you don't work towards your major till your junior year and what not. I told him to have a good year but he went right back to the college stuff telling me i needed a good first year. Just saying he is a good guy and it is just so wierd that he could pull a gun on someone. Not many people want to joke and talk with random fans.[/quote]Now honestly, he was the nicest redskin i've ever met. Looking back on that i can't believe that he took the time out of his day to talk to me and my friends. He was talking and taking pictures with everyone. Great guy. I can't believe that he is gone. I'll never forget the first thing he said to us. Talking to my friend with a pink jersey, "I like pink". He said that in a girly voice and started just laughing like an old man. The hand shake thing was really funny and i didn't describe it well up there. My friends gave him a week girly hand shake and he made them do it again and again until they got it right.

I would have NEVER expected that he would even come up to us let alone give us the time of day. Clinton portis was there and didn't talk to us at all. He was on his phone off to the side texting some people.

MOst importantly, he talked to me about me. He took an interest in me, 100 times more than any other redskin ever has. He didn't want to talk about football. He wanted to talk about my first year of college that was coming up in 3 months.

THat is by far my most rememberable moment of sean taylor and it is among my favorite moments as a redskin fan. I can't believe that he is gone. RIP and thank you.

BringBackJoeT 11-27-2007 09:08 AM

What a player. What a man. Thanks, Sean.

Jamaican'Skin 11-27-2007 09:08 AM

I woke up this morning and could not believe the news. Sean Taylor gone, at such a young age. A young man who was in his prime. I never met him, and he never met me, but he was a member of my family. He was my older brother Sean, my superman. I was never worried when he was in the game. I knew he had the opposing receivers covered.

I remeber being on this site in the days coming up to our drafting him. Guys wanted KWII, but the majority of us wanted Sean. I wonder if we saw the greatness in this player from back then? It's sad to see a man die for no reason. A man that had so much potential, a man that had accomplished so much in life, a man who was truly becoming a man.

Sean Taylor, we will miss you. We will miss you because you were great, as a man and as a player. We as Redskins fans, your extended family, know that you are in a better place. May God Bless you, your family and your brothers on the team.

RIP Big Bro

MTK 11-27-2007 09:10 AM

Thanks for the memories ST. You will be missed.

jaheem 11-27-2007 09:12 AM

I remember all the great plays that Sean Taylor made...the interceptions..the fumbles...the hits...but my favorite play.....was one that many people may not think about....this preseason in the scrimmage against the Ravens....Sean had a clean lane to Steve McNair...if he had hit him with the force that we all know he was capable of he would have ended McNair's career right there....he didn't.....though he made the tackle....he didn't destroy him like he could have....this showed to me the new level of maturity that Sean had reached.....someone who had finally understood and learned to control his ferocity....thank you Sean for these years...and you will live on many more in the hearts of Redskins fans

SouperMeister 11-27-2007 09:20 AM

[quote=BigSKINBauer;384016]Sean Talor really is the nicest person you could have met. I thank him for keeping us entertained but the fact that he spoke to me longer than any other redskin also says a lot.

I remember the day i met him. It was just a year and a half ago but i have grown up so much since. I was so excited to meet him. This is what I wrote on here after meeting him

Quote:
Sean BTW is the nicest guy in the world. He hasn't signed in the past but i really don't care much for autographs. He wants to talk to the fans and that is the cool thing. He was especially nice to the girls we brought along. They just gave him a hand shake and he made them do it again by inter locking the thumbs then pulling back and interlocking the fingers, if you know what I am talking about. He looked at another girls pink jersey and said in a girls voice, 'i like pink' and started to laugh. I talked shit about TO and he kept quiet but smiled. After we waited for a bit and he went to the parking lot. When we were walking back, my friend and his girlfriend went over to say bye one more time. At that time, sean, according to my friend, leaned back and "checked [his] girlfriend's ass out" when they were walking away. This made him very, very happy and he(and she) felt it gave him some bragging rights.

I yelled to taylor, that i would see him at camp. Normally the players would just wave or something. He actually walked towards me and said that he was looking forward to it and that it would be 'hot'. He told me that I should definately come and that he is going to work hard. I left but came back minutes later to get a picture. Taylor spoke with me for a few minutes which was very surprising. He asked about where I was going next year and about my major. I told him business and he said what kind and i told him i wasn't too sure. He started to talk about how you don't work towards your major till your junior year and what not. I told him to have a good year but he went right back to the college stuff telling me i needed a good first year. Just saying he is a good guy and it is just so wierd that he could pull a gun on someone. Not many people want to joke and talk with random fans.
Now honestly, he was the nicest redskin i've ever met. Looking back on that i can't believe that he took the time out of his day to talk to me and my friends. He was talking and taking pictures with everyone. Great guy. I can't believe that he is gone. I'll never forget the first thing he said to us. Talking to my friend with a pink jersey, "I like pink". He said that in a girly voice and started just laughing like an old man. The hand shake thing was really funny and i didn't describe it well up there. My friends gave him a week girly hand shake and he made them do it again and again until they got it right.

I would have NEVER expected that he would even come up to us let alone give us the time of day. Clinton portis was there and didn't talk to us at all. He was on his phone off to the side texting some people.

[B]MOst importantly, he talked to me about me. He took an interest in me, 100 times more than any other redskin ever has. He didn't want to talk about football. He wanted to talk about my first year of college that was coming up in 3 months.[/B]

THat is by far my most rememberable moment of sean taylor and it is among my favorite moments as a redskin fan. I can't believe that he is gone. RIP and thank you.[/quote]Thanks for sharing a personal moment Bauer. Taylor was intensely private with the press, so most of us never got to see this side of the man. The more you hear about his personable side, the more you see that his persona perpetuated by the press was 180 degrees off base. Just seeing Gregg Williams almost lose it yesterday shows how much he was loved by his team.

12thMan 11-27-2007 09:25 AM

I remember Taylor's game against the Arizona Cardinals couple a few years ago. He was still wearing #36. He almost single handedly beat the Cards. He had a flying interception. And then there was J.J. Arrington- he'll never forget Taylor. If someone has the Youtube video, bring it up. But Arrington had a nice lane, and Taylor came barreling in his direction and Arrington ducked and fell to the ground before Taylor could lay the wood on him. Taylor has his heart the entire game.

skinsguy 11-27-2007 09:29 AM

We will never forget you Sean Taylor, quarterback killer #21. You were a true Redskin in the hearts of all Redskins fans. You were taken away from us much too soon. I will continue to remember your family in prayer. Thank you for the memories.

RIP Sean Taylor - Safety Washington Redskins

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 11-27-2007 09:33 AM

R.I.P. Sean Taylor. May God bless your soul. Thank you for all the memories.

WillH 11-27-2007 09:33 AM

I loved you Sean. Noone here will ever forget you. Thankyou for all the memories.