Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Playbook (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Announcing premium membership! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15371)

MTK 11-01-2006 10:44 AM

Announcing premium membership!

In a continuing effort to cover our site expenses, we've come up with a premium membership opportunity. Rather than just donating to the site and not getting anything back except a thank you, we've come up with the following additional permissions and features you will receive in return for your generous contribution to the site!

Here's how our current regular membership looks like:

[B]Regular "Free" Member:[/B]
Subject to all banner and text ads
Maximum stored private messages: 50
Private message tracking: no
Calender: can't post events, can't edit own events, can't delete own events
Can set self to invisible mode: no
Can use custom title: no
Can upload profile picture: no
Maximum Characters in Signature Including BBCode Markup: 500
Maximum Characters in Signature Excluding BBCode Markup: 250
Photo gallery: Can upload files (max. of 50), can edit own files, can't delete own files, can't comment on files, can't edit own comments, can't delete own comments, can't use search feature

And this is what the premium member will get:

[B]Premium Member:[/B]
Limited advertisements
Maximum stored private messages: 250
Private message tracking: yes
Calender: Can post events, can edit own events, can delete own events
Can set self to invisible mode: yes
Can use custom title: yes
Can upload profile picture: yes (max size 500 x 500)
Maximum Characters in Signature Including BBCode Markup: 750
Maximum Characters in Signature Excluding BBCode Markup: 500
Photo gallery: Can upload files (max. of 200), can edit own files, can delete own files, can comment on files, can edit own comments, can delete own comments, can use search feature

In addition to funding our site costs, from time to time we'll have giveaways for Redskins merch, gift cards, or just straight up cash prizes!

You'll also receive the ultra-cool and swanky VIP button next to your name to show off your VIP status.

Premium membership costs just $20 per year. You can sign up by visiting this [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/payments.php"]subscription link[/URL]. Or you can also go to your user cp and look on the left hand side menu for 'paid subscriptions'. We're also offering a "lifetime" subscription for a one time charge of $50.

We'll look to continue to add to the premium membership features and permissions in the future, and we'll have more contests/raffles as well!

Thank you for continued support of The Warpath!

FRPLG 11-01-2006 10:53 AM

Re: Announcing premium membership!

Great idea guys. And well executed to boot.

Bstanley 11-01-2006 11:00 AM

Not a bad idea. BTW I have donated in the past and I have no cool VIP features :(

RedskinRat 11-01-2006 11:09 AM

[quote=Bstanley;237251]Not a bad idea. BTW I have donated in the past and I have no cool VIP features :([/quote]

For the VIP button you need to send a blank check.

MTK 11-01-2006 11:24 AM

[quote=Bstanley;237251]Not a bad idea. BTW I have donated in the past and I have no cool VIP features :([/quote]

If that's the case with anyone else just let me know and I can manually add you to the VIP list.

Sorry if you've been overlooked, it certainly wasn't intentional. I've tried a couple of different donation systems in the past and it's been hard to keep track of everything.

illdefined 11-01-2006 11:27 AM

aww i liked our earned titles and small sigs. oh well, i'd still like to contribute more to this site.

GTripp0012 11-01-2006 11:34 AM

I like the idea, I'll be a VIP once my paypal transfer clears.

BDBohnzie 11-01-2006 11:42 AM

$2 bucks a month is definitely worth it to continue supporting a great site. And from the sounds of it, this will only promote bigger and better things.

MTK 11-01-2006 12:02 PM

For anyone who makes a contribution to become a VIP member, your permissions should update automatically shortly after your payment goes through. Please let me know if there are any problems with this.

thanks

EternalEnigma21 11-01-2006 01:03 PM

if we're vips, we can donate more, though, right?

yo... VIP... lets kick it!

Schneed10 11-01-2006 01:27 PM

Matty, is there a way I can set up an automatic, recurring payment on a monthly basis?

I'd love to kick in a couple bucks each month, for a steady flow type of deal. Would it be much trouble to ask you to set up that kind of option? Is that option even possible? If not possible on this site, is it doable through paypal's site?

illdefined 11-01-2006 01:35 PM

where's the donate link?

MTK 11-01-2006 01:47 PM

You can donate at any time using [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/billspaypal.php"]this page[/URL]

MTK 11-01-2006 01:48 PM

[quote=Schneed10;237324]Matty, is there a way I can set up an automatic, recurring payment on a monthly basis?

I'd love to kick in a couple bucks each month, for a steady flow type of deal. Would it be much trouble to ask you to set up that kind of option? Is that option even possible? If not possible on this site, is it doable through paypal's site?[/quote]

I think you can set that up yourself in paypal, I'll look into for you.

cpayne5 11-01-2006 01:55 PM

[quote=canthetuna;237303]
yo... VIP... lets kick it![/quote]

Excellent.