Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Warren Sapp Arrested, Dropped from NFL Network Super Bowl Coverage (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35152)

SmootSmack 02-07-2010 11:42 AM

Warren Sapp Arrested, Dropped from NFL Network Super Bowl Coverage

[url=http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-newswire7-2010feb07,0,3619347.story]Warren Sapp arrested on domestic battery charges - latimes.com[/url]

MTK 02-07-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Warren Sapp Arrested, Dropped from NFL Network Super Bowl Coverage

Wow WTF Warren!?

SouperMeister 02-07-2010 12:22 PM

First Michael Irvin, then Warren Sapp. What a surprise.

Dirtbag59 02-07-2010 12:49 PM

It's ironic. Deion said yesterday when CP was on that it wouldn't be right for him to request to his bosses that he didn't want to work with Warren, "put me with Marshall" he said. An obvious reference to the Sellers/Portis feud from this season.

GMScud 02-07-2010 12:49 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;661073]First Michael Irvin, then Warren Sapp. What a surprise.[/quote]

Seriously. Once a Miami Hurricane, always a Miami Hurricane. Anyone see the ESPN 30 in 30 on Thug U? I didn't like that program before, and after watching it... yeah I pretty much hate them.

53Fan 02-07-2010 01:02 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;661084]It's ironic. Deion said yesterday when CP was on that it wouldn't be right for him to request to his bosses that he didn't want to work with Warren, "put me with Marshall" he said. An obvious reference to the Sellers/Portis feud from this season.[/quote]

I saw that and was thinking the same thing Dirtbag.

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-07-2010 01:24 PM

[quote=GMScud;661085]Seriously. Once a Miami Hurricane, always a Miami Hurricane. Anyone see the ESPN 30 in 30 on Thug U? I didn't like that program before, and after watching it... yeah I pretty much hate them.[/quote]

U sure thats not from being a fellow gator

GMScud 02-07-2010 01:29 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;661091]U sure thats not from being a fellow gator[/quote]

Quake! Where you been man??

Yeah, being a Gator definitely doesn't endear me to the U, but I just can't STAND those guys. That's not the program Randy Shannon is running now, but back in the day with Sapp and Irvin... those programs were full of thugs and not only did they know, they bragged about it and flaunted it.

Chico23231 02-07-2010 01:44 PM

[quote=GMScud;661085]Seriously. Once a Miami Hurricane, always a Miami Hurricane. Anyone see the ESPN 30 in 30 on Thug U? I didn't like that program before, and after watching it... yeah I pretty much hate them.[/quote]

I watched it and thought it was pretty f*ing cool. First, being a Va Tech fan, I have the same type of hate for Miami football that I do for the Cowgurls. But I thought that documentary was great. I kinda like the shot in the arm it gave college football, they played the villians and dominated everyone rather easily. You need teams like that to shake it up every now and then...back then boring ass Notra Dame, Nebraska programs, I turned the channel on them. Plus back then the imagery of "Thug" was different, they were more "Rebels" againt the status quo college football scene.

But this Warren Sapp thing, f*ck him, lost a lot respect. Out partying all nite and then want to slap around your gurl that you dated for 2 years? This guy is b*tch, I hope he loses all his endorsements over this...

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-07-2010 01:45 PM

[quote=GMScud;661092]Quake! Where you been man??

Yeah, being a Gator definitely doesn't endear me to the U, but I just can't STAND those guys. That's not the program Randy Shannon is running now, but back in the day with Sapp and Irvin... those programs were full of thugs and not only did they know, they bragged about it and flaunted it.[/quote]

Life is kicking my ass right now man.

GMScud 02-07-2010 01:52 PM

[quote=Chico23231;661097]I watched it and thought it was pretty f*ing cool. First, being a Va Tech fan, I have the same type of hate for Miami football that I do for the Cowgurls. But I thought that documentary was great. I kinda like the shot in the arm it gave college football, they played the villians and dominated everyone rather easily. You need teams like that to shake it up every now and then...back then boring ass Notra Dame, Nebraska programs, I turned the channel on them. [B]Plus back then the imagery of "Thug" was different, they were more "Rebels" againt the status quo college football scene. [/B]

But this Warren Sapp thing, f*ck him, lost a lot respect. Out partying all nite and then want to slap around your gurl that you dated for 2 years? This guy is b*tch, I hope he loses all his endorsements over this...[/quote]

I agree about being rebels against the status quo of college FB, but they had plenty of arrests and thuggery as well.

GMScud 02-07-2010 01:52 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;661098]Life is kicking my ass right now man.[/quote]

In a bad way, or you're just busy?

Longtimefan 02-07-2010 02:03 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;661073]First Michael Irvin, then Warren Sapp. What a surprise.[/quote]

Yeah!! What's up with these guys? It's getting to the point where nothing really surprises me anymore. Every day you brace yourself for the next episode with guys that obviously don't seem to realize just how good they have it in the jobs they get after their playing days are done.

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-07-2010 02:16 PM

[quote=GMScud;661105]In a bad way, or you're just busy?[/quote]

Busy as hell man this is my first relaxing day since September

Zerohero 02-07-2010 03:08 PM

This might might the smug look off his face for awhile.

DCtoAZ 02-07-2010 03:37 PM

Wow I always thought Sapp was pretty funny and honest as an announcer and loved him as a player at the "U"...let's let all this settle before blackballing his ass ... It's not like he pulled a Gilbert Arenas

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-07-2010 09:58 PM

[quote=Zerohero;661137]This might might the smug look off his face for awhile.[/quote]

"might might the smug of his face" ????

tryfuhl 02-08-2010 02:11 AM

I guess sometimes having the world at your fingertips can't change who you are.

Beneil (diehard since 87) 02-08-2010 01:01 PM

Sapp's a fool and as a skinz fan i obviously never liked Irvin... but c'mon guy! Don't blame 'The U'! Most of the best players we've had in the past 7 or 8 years have been from "The U"! Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, and a lot of you guys who are jumpin' in on this have Sean Taylor as your Avatar!!! A ton of great players came from there so when Sapp is an idiot, blame him, blame his parents, but don't blame the school guys. It's barely even a coincidence. If you look at all the good players that came from there and compare that to the list of knuckleheads... it's barely even coincidence.

Lotus 02-08-2010 01:21 PM

[quote=Beneil (diehard since 87);661547]Sapp's a fool and as a skinz fan i obviously never liked Irvin... but c'mon guy! Don't blame 'The U'! Most of the best players we've had in the past 7 or 8 years have been from "The U"! Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, and a lot of you guys who are jumpin' in on this have Sean Taylor as your Avatar!!! A ton of great players came from there so when Sapp is an idiot, blame him, blame his parents, but don't blame the school guys. It's barely even a coincidence. If you look at all the good players that came from there and compare that to the list of knuckleheads... it's barely even coincidence.[/quote]

You talk about "good players" and "knuckleheads" as if they are opposite. They aren't. Sapp is an example of a great player who also has done knuckleheaded stuff off of the field.

You do not have to be from the U to get in trouble - just look at Pacman Jones. But it remains true that, historically, a high percentage of players in trouble also have gone to the U. There is some connection between behavior and the school.

SCRedskinsFan 02-08-2010 01:41 PM

[quote=DCtoAZ;661144]Wow I always thought Sapp was pretty funny and honest as an announcer and loved him as a player at the "U"...let's let all this settle before blackballing his ass ... It's not like he pulled a Gilbert Arenas[/quote]

If the allegations prove true, this would be a lot worse than Arenas who will be paying mightily for very poor judgment...

Monkeydad 02-08-2010 01:41 PM

[quote=DCtoAZ;661144]Wow I always thought Sapp was pretty funny and honest as an announcer and loved him as a player at the "U"...let's let all this settle before blackballing his ass ... It's not like he pulled a Gilbert Arenas[/quote]

In all honesty, I view domestic battery as more serious than having a gun in your locker.

Beneil (diehard since 87) 02-08-2010 01:51 PM

I just think far more good players came from The U than troublemakers. Seriously, Feagles been kickin' since Techmo Superbowl!?! I think that the more big players you produce, the more people think to tie it in when stars go bad. I swear, type "Miami Hurricanes in the NFL" in wiki and you get a long list... a VERY long list.

Of course I'm from VA, so I got DeAngelo Hall one one side and on the other... Mike Vick

Zerohero 02-08-2010 09:47 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;661366]"might might the smug of his face" ????[/quote]

haha

take*

KLHJ2 02-09-2010 12:19 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;661098]Life is kicking my ass right now man.[/quote]

I could have swore that you were kickin my ass the other night. Now I just realize that you were taking out your frustrations on me.

firstdown 02-09-2010 05:22 PM

[quote=Lotus;661550]You talk about "good players" and "knuckleheads" as if they are opposite. They aren't. Sapp is an example of a great player who also has done knuckleheaded stuff off of the field.

You do not have to be from the U to get in trouble - just look at Pacman Jones. But it remains true that, historically, a high percentage of players in trouble also have gone to the U. There is some connection between behavior and the school.[/quote]
Well one could argue that's because the U has more players make it to the NFL.

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-09-2010 06:08 PM

[quote=Angry;661879]I could have swore that you were kickin my ass the other night. Now I just realize that you were taking out your frustrations on me.[/quote]

LOL We need to get round 2 going

KLHJ2 02-09-2010 08:44 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;662036]LOL We need to get round 2 going[/quote]

Yeah, I lost power the next day and didn't get it back until yesterday. We will definately get another one going this weekend. I cannot believe how many picks I threw in the redzone. I felt like Jay Cutler.

jsarno 02-09-2010 09:20 PM

Wow...you guys are so quick to judge.
[quote]Former NFL star Warren Sapp was arrested Saturday following an [b][i]alleged [/b][/i][domestic violence incident at a Miami Beach hotel, police said.[/quote]
Nothing has been confirmed yet, and Sapp has been out of any kind of trouble for as long as we have known him. I can't stand Miami University products for the most part...but Sapp has been a very good product from there. Let's wait to see if this is actually true or not.

jsarno 02-09-2010 09:22 PM

[quote=Buster;661563]In all honesty, I view domestic battery as more serious than having a gun in your locker.[/quote]

I do agree to some extent...if it's true. However, "playing" with a gun could cause loss of life. I'm just not sure Sapp actually did it. I base this on absolutely nothing other than he's always kept his nose clean.

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-09-2010 09:30 PM

[quote=Angry;662056]Yeah, I lost power the next daytainly didnt h and didn't get it back until yesterday. We will definately get another one going this weekend. I cannot believe how many picks I threw in the redzone. I felt like Jay Cutler.[/quote]

yeah and the pick 6 certainly didnt help turnovers will kill u

SmootSmack 03-24-2010 10:01 AM

Update:

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5023714]Warren Sapp will not face charge in domestic incident - ESPN[/url]

tryfuhl 03-24-2010 10:26 AM

hmmm

Longtimefan 03-24-2010 12:26 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;677869]Update:

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5023714]Warren Sapp will not face charge in domestic incident - ESPN[/url][/quote]

Any word on whether or not NFLN is considering reinstating his employment?

Mc2guy 03-24-2010 12:29 PM

Wonder if they'll reinstate him on NFLN, or if this was just an excuse to get rid of him. Seems like they were fast to drop him.

OTOH, WTF are you thinking letting some drunk girl go into your room to sleep on your couch while you stay out partying?!?!

tryfuhl 03-24-2010 12:43 PM

[quote=Mc2guy;677944]Wonder if they'll reinstate him on NFLN, or if this was just an excuse to get rid of him. Seems like they were fast to drop him.

OTOH, WTF are you thinking letting some drunk girl go into your room to sleep on your couch while you stay out partying?!?![/quote]

so that he could come back and hit it

err... you know what I mean

skinsfan69 03-24-2010 01:24 PM

this is so stupid. why do these guys keep putting themselves in these positions? no way am i letting some ho stay in my room while i'm not there.