Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64797)

Scalper 02-02-2021 11:46 PM

Re: WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

[quote=skinsfaninok;1276413]That's the cost for an Elite QB tho[/quote]

Not if you draft one.

sdskinsfan2001 02-02-2021 11:48 PM

[quote=Scalper;1276443]None. I would draft and develop a QB.[/quote]

That wasn't the question.

CRedskinsRule 02-02-2021 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=Scalper;1276443]None. I would draft and develop a QB.[/QUOTE]Just curious, how long do you give the drafted qb to develop. And if he fails?

You do realize that even befoee the DAN took over the team this organization has never developed a qb effectively. I dont know why but holding out hope they can finally do that borders on insanity.

Heath Schuler is asking for his football career back

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chief X_Phackter 02-03-2021 12:24 AM

A little over 3 years ago the Redskins traded for Alex Smith. They likely would have won the NFC East the last 3 years in a row if he didn't suffer that unfortunate leg injury. What if they did the same thing this year, with a guy like Derek Carr, who at this point in his career is better than Alex Smith? I'd be ok with that. With Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, Jalen Hurts, or even Dak Prescott, I believe the WFT would have the best quarterback in the division.

sdskinsfan2001 02-03-2021 12:44 AM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1276448]A little over 3 years ago the Redskins traded for Alex Smith. They likely would have won the NFC East the last 3 years in a row if he didn't suffer that unfortunate leg injury. What if they did the same thing this year, with a guy like Derek Carr, who at this point in his career is better than Alex Smith? I'd be ok with that. With Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, Jalen Hurts, or even Dak Prescott, I believe the WFT would have the best quarterback in the division.[/quote]

I don't love Carr but he would easily be our best QB when accounting for both ability and availability. I'd offer a 3rd for him assuming the counter would be a 2nd, which I would also do.

I'd take Carr because he is solid, and Mariota because he is good for our offense.

I'd offer a 4th for Mariota assuming the counter would be a 3rd, which I would also do.

Chief X_Phackter 02-03-2021 12:49 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1276451]I don't love Carr but he would easily be our best QB when accounting for both ability and availability. I'd offer a 3rd for him assuming the counter would be a 2nd, which I would also do.

I'd take Carr because he is solid, and Mariota because he is good for our offense.

I'd offer a 4th for Mariota assuming the counter would be a 3rd, which I would also do.[/quote]

Carr, if traded, would definitely get Matthew Stafford like compensation. More than a first round pick.

sdskinsfan2001 02-03-2021 12:53 AM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1276454]Carr, if traded, would definitely get Matthew Stafford like compensation. More than a first round pick.[/quote]

Could definitely be true. That's too rich for my blood. A 2nd is my personal max for him.

Chico23231 02-03-2021 08:41 AM

I just couldn’t imagine trading for Derek Carr...he had a decent year, but shit isn’t it a huge red flag that the raiders want to move on? Like is anyone seeing that here? Detroit is in rebuild, I get that...raiders trying to win...

skinsfaninok 02-03-2021 08:44 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1276466]I just couldn’t imagine trading for Derek Carr...he had a decent year, but shit isn’t it a huge red flag that the raiders want to move on? Like is anyone seeing that here? Detroit is in rebuild, I get that...raiders trying to win...[/quote]

Yeah I just don't see Carr leading us to playoff wins.. He's always been an average QB. He's in that Cousins category. I wouldn't mind having him but not for a 1st

GridIron26 02-03-2021 08:47 AM

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I wouldn't oppose to trading for Carr as long as we are not giving up our 1st round pick.

MTK 02-03-2021 08:52 AM

If the best we can do is Carr, that's not a bad thing. He's put up some very [URL="https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm"]productive seasons[/URL]. He can give you B level QB play and with this defense that could take us pretty far.

mooby 02-03-2021 08:58 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1276447]Just curious, how long do you give the drafted qb to develop. And if he fails?

You do realize that even befoee the DAN took over the team this organization has never developed a qb effectively. I dont know why but holding out hope they can finally do that borders on insanity.

Heath Schuler is asking for his football career back

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

We drafted Kirk Cousins effectively.

Also a drafted qb would get about 3 years, maybe less if he's too immature to put in the work.

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-03-2021 09:13 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1276437]The 49ers gave a 2nd for Jimmy G. who is much better than Carr, trust me Carr is a choker.[/quote]

Jimmy G sucks

Giantone 02-03-2021 09:15 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1276438]Darnold, Carr,Wentz,Minshew, Winston ... which one of these would you pick ?[/quote]

Darnold, still on his rookie contract and was in a crap situation with the Jets. You could all so afford to draft one and groom to your liking.

Chico23231 02-03-2021 09:16 AM

[quote=MTK;1276469]If the best we can do is Carr, that's not a bad thing. He's put up some very [URL="https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm"]productive seasons[/URL]. He can give you B level QB play and with this defense that could take us pretty far.[/quote]

The window is opening, but we shouldn’t be irrational in getting a QB. Yes poor front office QB decisions lead us here, making another poor one does not help.

So here would be my perimeters in a trade...

1. Derek Carr does not get an extension. He is under contract at 20 mill for both 2021 and 2022...let him play it out and as we get to see if he is a fit. Do not Alex Smith where we are still reeling from an already poor trade.

2. Under no circumstances do you give A first round pick for Carr. He isn’t worth it.