Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   34th Overall Pick (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55913)

TheMalcolmConnection 12-31-2013 12:51 PM

Re: 34th Overall Pick

[quote=Schneed10;1052456]Firm believer that you build from the trenches out. Doesn't have to be with this pick, but I want to see a lot of dollars invested in the offensive and defensive lines this offseason.[/quote]

Exactly. When was the last time we picked an offensive lineman early? Oh, that's right, our Pro Bowler Trent Williams. Jarvis Jenkins in the second, while not elite, has been solid for us. Also, like mooby says, as long as we hit, we should be able to pick any BPA and it'll be an improvement.

MTK 12-31-2013 12:56 PM

The OL definitely needs revamping. When Allen said they were going to redefine some of the characteristics they look for in players I immediately thought of the OL. I can't wait to get away from this small OL and back to a group that can play power football and not get shoved back into the QB so easily.

TheMalcolmConnection 12-31-2013 01:04 PM

Amen. We've seen Morris can flourish no matter what's going on around him. Honestly, a power running scheme might even make him MORE awesome if that's even possible. I think we should also wait on an ILB in the draft unless a great one falls into our lap. We DO still have Keenan Robinson, albeit he is oft-injured.

TheMalcolmConnection 12-31-2013 01:05 PM

I'm thinking about the last time we had a REALLY great line. Chris Samuels, John Jansen pre-injuries, and that was kind of it. I know you can't have Pro Bowlers at every position, but I feel like year-to-year, we always have at least ONE goat on both sides of the ball. Wilson on D and Polumbus on O (Chester a close second). Remember the Warrick Holdman days? Maybe the worst linebacker who started for us in the past 10+ years.

Mechanix544 12-31-2013 01:39 PM

we need 2 guards, a right tackle, a wr, a safety, an ilb and a cb.

how awesome would it be if we drafted all the above, and they ALL ended up being solid starters? God that would be incredible. Nice to dream.........

skinsfaninok 12-31-2013 01:44 PM

BPA no doubt, either OL or DB/ lB IMO

JoeRedskin 12-31-2013 01:44 PM

Well. we have a first in the bank when we trade Cousins. Oh wait ...

skinsfaninok 12-31-2013 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin;1052491]Well. we have a first in the bank when we trade Cousins. Oh wait ...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully we can get a 3 for.him

Skinsfanatic 12-31-2013 02:02 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1052500]Hopefully we can get a 3 for.him[/quote]

If we can't get a second for him (or multiples like a 3rd and a 5th), we should keep him.

los panda 12-31-2013 02:03 PM

[quote=Skinsfanatic;1052506]If we can't get a second for him (or multiples like a 3rd and a 5th), we should keep him.[/quote]i second that emotion

TheMalcolmConnection 12-31-2013 02:09 PM

I'd rather JUST a second (unless it's a second plus a later round pick), but obviously that won't happen unless someone is desperate. I actually really lean on the side of keeping him just in case.

Gary84Clark 12-31-2013 02:13 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1052491]Well. we have a first in the bank when we trade Cousins. Oh wait ...[/quote]

Maybe we get that 4th rounder back , else bring in back up qb competition. that last game was worse than anything Grossman has ever done.

WillH 12-31-2013 02:16 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1052460]The OL definitely needs revamping. When Allen said they were going to redefine some of the characteristics they look for in players I immediately thought of the OL. I can't wait to get away from this small OL and back to a group that can play power football and not get shoved back into the QB so easily.[/quote]

Totally agree . . . No more ZBS, and maybe Griffin will last a few seasons.

Lotus 12-31-2013 03:11 PM

I'm with those who say that we use the #34 pick on the player that brings the greatest impact, whether they be at OL, ILB, S, CB...gawd we have many needs.

SirLK26 12-31-2013 03:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1052460]The OL definitely needs revamping. When Allen said they were going to redefine some of the characteristics they look for in players I immediately thought of the OL. I can't wait to get away from this small OL and back to a group that can play power football and not get shoved back into the QB so easily.[/quote]

I agree with this. Between Antonio Richardson, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Cedric Ogbuehi, and La'el Collins, we could find some hogs that would start immediately.