Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL Week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64674)

mooby 09-15-2020 01:25 PM

Re: Around the NFL Week 1

[quote=SunnySide;1258978]I love seeing fat boys get ints.

Happy none of the other skinny players came in and tried to steal his int, like they usually do.

----

holy crap .. Allen Robinson is only 27 years old? Feels like the dude has been in a league for a decade. Appears hes a FA after this year though ...

Odell Beckham ...

[IMG]https://www.kissradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/09/hell-to-the-naw-to-the-naw-naw-nawww.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

+1 on both counts. Wouldn't ask for ODB for a 6th rounder.

FrenchSkin 09-15-2020 01:31 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1258973]I like going on reddit and there are some real interesting stats from week 1.

- 19 missed FGs and 5 missed extra point attempts. Packs v Vikes only game without a missed kick

- Giants now have worst record in NFL over last 3 seasons, which includes a browns 0-16 season.

- Ben Roethlisberger has more rushing yards than Saquon Barkley.

[B]- Since week 15 of 2018, every time the Skins win, all the other NFCE teams lose.
[/B]
- Kyler Murray ran the ball 13 times for 91 yards. He was only tackled once. The other 12 times he either went out of bounds, slid or scored a TD.

- Since 1999, there have been 62 drives of 19+ plays, the Giants are the only one to end up with an int.

- 24 teams went for it on a 4th down. Most since 2006[/quote]

That one is funny IMO, only works with a 3-13 season, but I still like it ^^

WCommandersfan99 09-15-2020 01:48 PM

Kyler Murray's speed and running ability is no joke as evident by the stat above. If we over pursue frequently, he will burn us. Kid is very, very fast. This will be a big test for our defense. Interested to see what type of strategy JDR employs Sunday.

SunnySide 09-15-2020 01:56 PM

[quote=The Skinsinator;1258986]Kyler Murray's speed and running ability is no joke as evident by the stat above. If we over pursue frequently, he will burn us. Kid is very, very fast. This will be a big test for our defense. Interested to see what type of strategy JDR employs Sunday.[/quote]

KPL and Landon Collins taking turns spying on him?

Have Chase and Sweat constantly maintain outside contain? They are both fast and athletic enough. But they are young. Are they disciplined enough to not ditch their assignment?

I honestly havent watched much Murray but between athletic edges and a plus in box defender in Collins, we have some pieces to game plan.

Chico23231 09-15-2020 02:55 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1258975]The Browns are shopping Odell per Mike Francesa

Also Allen Robinson wants out of Chicago and JP FInlay says "I'd offer a 3rd for him yesterday"

HMMMM[/quote]

I wouldn’t touch Odell...fuck that.

Robinson for a 3rd? No brainer imo

Redskins247 09-15-2020 03:02 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1258989]I wouldn’t touch Odell...fuck that.

[B]Robinson for a 3rd? No brainer imo[/B][/quote]

Hell to the yeah yeah on that :thumbsup:

SunnySide 09-15-2020 03:18 PM

A 3rd for a one year rental? Probably a high (top 10ish) 3rd rounder at that?

Idk man. This isnt our year, despite being 1-0 .. we arent anywhere near a playoff team. hypothetically we could get a comp pick back if he signs elsewhere but I imagine we are active in FA next offseason and would offset any potential comp pick we got coming back our way.

Weve been super patient with our approach (sans Cooper offer) and I dont want to now throw that out the window for a 1 year rental.

Now a sign and trade at about 4/50M with 20M guaranteed ... that might be something.

----------

Jamison Crowder .. fuck me, he seems to be exactly what we need. A reliable, can get separation slot and outside guy to take pressure off Terry would be amazing right now.

his 3/28 w 17 guaranteed is looking mighty appeasing right now imo.

JoeRedskin 09-15-2020 03:32 PM

I wouldn't give up a 3rd for a one-year rental. I would give up a 3rd if a long-term deal if the Bears agree to allow for negotiations and a long term deal could be reached. Bears may not be willing to do so since they would likely get a compensatory 3rd anyway if Robinson signs a huge UFA contract after the season.

If Bears are willing to trade, however, AND a long term deal could be struck - Hell to the yes.

Chico23231 09-15-2020 03:57 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1258991]A 3rd for a one year rental? Probably a high (top 10ish) 3rd rounder at that?

Idk man. This isnt our year, despite being 1-0 .. we arent anywhere near a playoff team. hypothetically we could get a comp pick back if he signs elsewhere but I imagine we are active in FA next offseason and would offset any potential comp pick we got coming back our way.

Weve been super patient with our approach (sans Cooper offer) and I dont want to now throw that out the window for a 1 year rental.

Now a sign and trade at about 4/50M with 20M guaranteed ... that might be something.

----------

Jamison Crowder .. fuck me, he seems to be exactly what we need. A reliable, can get separation slot and outside guy to take pressure off Terry would be amazing right now.

his 3/28 w 17 guaranteed is looking mighty appeasing right now imo.[/quote]

Yeah I don’t think we wouldn’t be that dumb but extending him prior to trade. I think the bottom of contract extension would be 4 years at 18 million per.

skinsfaninok 09-15-2020 07:55 PM

It's a win now league, you can't say "a 3rd in not worth a 1 year rental" because who knows what a 3rd round pick ends up to be.. A ROB is legit

mooby 09-15-2020 08:58 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1259007]It's a win now league, you can't say "a 3rd in not worth a 1 year rental" because who knows what a 3rd round pick ends up to be.. A ROB is legit[/quote]

This isn't the NBA, you can't just plug'n'play guys. It takes time for them to learn the system. Trading for a WR in season without knowing how long it will take him to get comfortable enough to produce,especially in a contract year, could be a bad idea. See Clinton-Dix, HaHa.

I'd be alright with it if they extended his contract as part of the agreement.

SFREDSKIN 09-15-2020 09:25 PM

Sanu to SF.