Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL Week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64674)

FrenchSkin 09-11-2020 09:41 AM

Re: Around the NFL Week 1

I enjoyed the game yesterday.

I was quite surprised with how dominant KC's Oline was, against a very decent Dline. The rookie Edwards-Helaire was running into avenues all night and Mahomes wasn't pressured that much.

MTK 09-11-2020 09:42 AM

KC didn't even seem like they were hitting on all cylinders and they still made Houston look bad.

EdmundDorf 09-11-2020 10:06 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;1258383]People do not buy tickets to the game to get lectured by millionaires.

I was disappointment to see a lot of players advertising for a [B][I][U]racist domestic terror group[/U][/I][/B] on the back of their helmets. This is going to kill the NFL.

I've already given up on the NBA. The constant politics and lectures just ruin the game.

Just play football.[/quote]

Seriously? If you believe that, your ignorance is the definition of why your country is so divided right now. I hate talking politics in what should be a friendly forum for sports fans and I very rarely comment on other peoples opinions but this comment is just plain the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And that is saying something on here.

rocnrik 09-11-2020 10:18 AM

In respect ... you said you hate talking politics on a forum that should be about sports .. that is all some of us want .. play football and stay out of political statements during game ... i have no issue whatsoever with every American citizen wanting police reform .. we need it but until we can at least agree that burning /looting and violence is not the answer then nothing is gonna change ..look the Blake guy was shot in back 7 times .. the cop was wrong .. but let’s not forget the victim has been involved in bad stuff also and has some responsibility in his situation .. the lines are blurred between true victims and creating a hero out of a criminal .. there is many sides to all of this .. but using violence to stop violence is a war . Where is the nfl outrage over the mass killings in the Chicago area ?? Been going on for many years .. where is that outrage and protest ?? The NFL is full of hypocrisy.. ain’t gotta look far it’s going on with our team .. the good ole boys are gonna let Snyder get away with the latest scandal ... where is the protest Sunday at fed Ex to have him removed as owner ???

EdmundDorf 09-11-2020 10:29 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1258392]In respect ... you said you hate talking politics on a forum that should be about sports .. that is all some of us want .. play football and stay out of political statements during game ... i have no issue whatsoever with every American citizen wanting police reform .. we need it but until we can at least agree that burning /looting and violence is not the answer then nothing is gonna change ..look the Blake guy was shot in back 7 times .. the cop was wrong .. but let’s not forget the victim has been involved in bad stuff also and has some responsibility in his situation .. the lines are blurred between true victims and creating a hero out of a criminal .. there is many sides to all of this .. but using violence to stop violence is a war .[/quote]

I understand your perspective I support your right to that perspective, nuance and context is in everything but the statement in that post was flat out the opposite of keeping politics out of football, which is why I felt compelled to comment. I will comment no further unless it is to state that the Cowboys suck.

Meks 09-11-2020 12:00 PM

This thread is a perfect example of why all this shit will in fact ruin the season. While it hasn't comandeered this thread entirely, it may be on the verge. This will continue all season.

MTK 09-11-2020 12:51 PM

Well the whole kneeling thing didn't end the NFL as some thought, think they can survive this too. Most games don't show any pre-game stuff anyway.

sdskinsfan2001 09-11-2020 01:27 PM

They could kick puppies and burn flags before every game and I'm still watching, especially this year.

skinsfaninok 09-11-2020 01:32 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1258396]They could kick puppies and burn flags before every game and I'm still watching, especially this year.[/quote]

IDK about burning flags tho but yeah

skinsfan69 09-11-2020 02:19 PM

nba and now nfl have sadly turned into politics and pushing agendas. black national anthem? why are they playing that shit? i find it offensive as a black man. just fucking garbage. play the damn game and stop talking about social justice. can you just give it a damn break for 3 hours?

and kirk herbstreet? get some nuts dude and keep your white guilt tears behind closed doors. what a crybaby bitch.

KI Skins Fan 09-11-2020 02:34 PM

What is the black national anthem? Just curious since I've never heard of it.

CRedskinsRule 09-11-2020 02:36 PM

The irony of millionaires holding hands in unity while millions of citizens of every race creed and gender suffer at the hands of poverty, unemployment, inner city violence, and a bogus war on drugs while middle america bickers back amd forth. Ahh democracy.

Let the season play and if they want to try ro do good. YAY for them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

KI Skins Fan 09-11-2020 02:40 PM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1258391][B]Seriously? If you believe that, your ignorance is the definition of why your country is so divided right now.[/B] I hate talking politics in what should be a friendly forum for sports fans and I very rarely comment on other peoples opinions but this comment is just plain the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And that is saying something on here.[/quote]

You're crossing a line with me when you start posting about what is wrong with my country. Please mind your own business and fix everything that is wrong with the UK before starting up on the USA.

BaltimoreSkins 09-11-2020 02:45 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1258396]They could kick puppies and burn flags before every game and I'm still watching, especially this year.[/quote]

We aren't doing fall sports this year. Frankly youth sport parents are psychotic on a whole other level and I don't trust crazy soccer mom to keep her covid kid home on game day so this is the first fall I have had Sundays free in about 5 years. Looking forward to the season no doubt though I thought last night was a snoozer.

FrenchSkin 09-11-2020 02:52 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1258401]You're crossing a line with me when you start posting about what is wrong with my country. Please mind your own business and [B]fix everything that is wrong with the UK[/B] before starting up on the USA.[/quote]

You mean like the weather and the food ?