Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HTTR Always (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64289)

sdskinsfan2001 12-27-2018 10:51 PM

HTTR Always

This thread is only for positive news, stories, memories, etc.

Wouldn't trade being a Skins fans for any other team. We will win big again at some point, and that shit will be awesome.

Share something positive here.

I miss The Posse!

SFREDSKIN 12-27-2018 11:35 PM

Re: HTTR Always

I'm hoping the best news comes after Sunday's game, saying Bruce Allen was canned. This would make my season.

BigHairedAristocrat 12-27-2018 11:49 PM

Just listened to Adrian Peterson’s interview with JPFinlay On his podcast... man I love his attitude. This is the kind of dude I’d like the team to pay to stick around for a couple years. It might not seem to make sense if we’re in a rebuilding mode, but a guy like AP could be the lone brightspot for an otherwise bad team and his attitude could be contagious for all the young players we’ll have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 12-28-2018 01:15 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;1214903]Just listened to Adrian Peterson’s interview with JPFinlay On his podcast... man I love his attitude. This is the kind of dude I’d like the team to pay to stick around for a couple years. It might not seem to make sense if we’re in a rebuilding mode, but a guy like AP could be the lone brightspot for an otherwise bad team and his attitude could be contagious for all the young players we’ll have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I hope Guice/AP are 1 & 2 next year.

I'm really pumped about Guice. I'm selfishly so happy about that vitriol he got leading up to the draft because he seems like a legit good dude on top of being great player.

Chico23231 12-28-2018 06:09 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;1214903]Just listened to Adrian Peterson’s interview with JPFinlay On his podcast... man I love his attitude. This is the kind of dude I’d like the team to pay to stick around for a couple years. It might not seem to make sense if we’re in a rebuilding mode, but a guy like AP could be the lone brightspot for an otherwise bad team and his attitude could be contagious for all the young players we’ll have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I agree...I hope we retain him. What it’s important is to let him know his role as a backup to Guice. Will he accept that role? If he can, then I’m all for it.

There is no way in hell satisfied with rob fucking Kelly or Perine in that role. If it’s not AP, we need to go out and get someone else.

SolidSnake84 12-28-2018 06:42 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1214909]I agree...I hope we retain him. What it’s important is to let him know his role as a backup to Guice. Will he accept that role? If he can, then I’m all for it.

There is no way in hell satisfied with rob fucking Kelly or Perine in that role. If it’s not AP, we need to go out and get someone else.[/quote]

Why not have an open camp competition and let the best man start? I know AP is getting up there in age, but he is not typical for a player that old. We all hope for the best with Guice, but you know how ACL tears and what not are. No guarantee Guice will be what he was before. I do like the idea of a one-two punch between Guice and AP. Should keep both guys fresh.

My favorite memory is Mark Brunell and Santana Moss torching the Cowboys in MNF in 2005. The two long touchdown passes.

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2018 08:52 AM

Since Guice is coming back from injury and AP is old rotate them like NE does with their backs. Just let AP know his role before resigning him.

Schneed10 12-28-2018 09:19 AM

Nine picks in this upcoming draft. While we're waiting to hear about how compensatory picks will be awarded, it looks like it will be this:

- 1st round
- 2nd round
- 3rd round
- 3rd round (Cousins compensatory)

- 5th round
- 5th round (Trent Murphy compensatory)
- 6th round (Ryan Grant compensatory)
- 7th round
- 7th round (Niles Paul compensatory)

We traded the 4th for Ha Ha. If we keep him, great. If we don't, we should get a 2020 compensatory back.

And we used a 6th in last year's supplemental on Adonis Alexander which I'll still take. Developmental player with upside at an important position.

Four picks in the first three rounds is good stuff. Could see a WR, an athletic LB, a talented Guard, and a safety coming out of those picks.

Schneed10 12-28-2018 09:23 AM

And call me crazy, but I'd be excited about seeing what Colt McCoy can do with a fully healthy offense and an offseason of reps as the starter (since Alex will still be healing).

Schneed10 12-28-2018 09:39 AM

As frustrating as this year was, it's the NFL. You're never as far away as you think. What could have been if our QB didn't break his leg and we kept Brandon Scherff healthy in particular.

Let's see what happens in the offseason - if we get a new coach there's a lot of reason to believe the defense could be better under a new coach. If Jay stays and coaches Colt with Guice, there's reason to believe the offense could be surprising next season when healthy.

I think there's more of a foundation here than the despair in the air would lead you to believe.

BigHairedAristocrat 12-28-2018 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1214909]I agree...I hope we retain him. What it’s important is to let him know his role as a backup to Guice. Will he accept that role? If he can, then I’m all for it.

There is no way in hell satisfied with rob fucking Kelly or Perine in that role. If it’s not AP, we need to go out and get someone else.[/QUOTE]

I think guice would be the backup to Peterson and I’m perfectly fine with that.

AP has proven he can still carry a heavy workload and excel at it. Guice can get a few series a game and gradually get experience over time.

AP and guice have actually spoken about it, and are excited about the possibility. Having them both in the game means the team would never be taking a “play off” and would be going full throttle 100% of the time. I think they could be a great tandem like in New Orleans with kamara and Ingram from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DYoungJelly 12-28-2018 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1214914]Since Guice is coming back from injury and AP is old rotate them like NE does with their backs. Just let AP know his role before resigning him.[/QUOTE]Devils advocate here.

After his performance this season, why would AP be the back up?

He was awesome this year.

We don't know what DG will be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chico23231 12-28-2018 09:53 AM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1214921]Devils advocate here.

After his performance this season, why would AP be the back up?

He was awesome this year.

We don't know what DG will be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/quote]

Because Guice is the future and its smart to limit an aging RB carries. Also, Guice ability to catch the ball was heralded the short time he was here. The ability for a RB to pass catch out the back field has become a weapon that elevate offense. AP can do it, but it’s not as natural.

I fully believe we can use both in an offense that is versatile as well as balance.

Plus look at our WR....yes pass catching options are needed.

MTK 12-28-2018 09:54 AM

AP knows full well he would be looking at splitting carries with the young buck in the building.

Schneed10 12-28-2018 09:58 AM

Yeah and I think he knows Guice would [B]deserve[/B] more of the carries. I'm extremely high on Guice, there's plenty of reason to believe he's very close to the talent that is Saquon Barkley. We'd have to see how he bounces back from the knee but I'd honestly be surprised if Peterson beats him out. Remember, Guice is a much more impressive receiver out of the backfield so in today's NFL he's got that versatility you really need.