Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2004 draft will last 11/2 hours for us this year! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=303)

RedskinPete 03-07-2004 12:58 AM

2004 draft will last 11/2 hours for us this year!

With Butler being offered a contract and word is the Rams will not match it there goes our 5th round pick. Now we have just the first round # 5 pick in the draft. So unless we trade down it is a pick and the we can go play golf! So needs are still many like a lineman on the D and O side along with a saftey! So the pick unless we move down is Tommie Harris! I still think we should have goen after more D lineman free agents and picked Winslow! But that looks to not the case!

offiss 03-07-2004 02:48 AM

[QUOTE=RedskinPete]With Butler being offered a contract and word is the Rams will not match it there goes our 5th round pick. Now we have just the first round # 5 pick in the draft. So unless we trade down it is a pick and the we can go play golf! So needs are still many like a lineman on the D and O side along with a saftey! So the pick unless we move down is Tommie Harris! I still think we should have goen after more D lineman free agents and picked Winslow! But that looks to not the case![/QUOTE]

rest assured we ain't pick'in tommy harris with the #5 pick in the draft, isn't harris the guy who disapeared every time he ran into a high profile tackle? If that happened in college what do think will happen in the pro's?

Paintrain 03-07-2004 08:29 AM

Does anyone else get the impression that Gibbs is trying to have his entire team assembled by his first mini-camp (late March)? Think about the potential stroke of genius that would be, they get an additional session since he is a new coach so he can start to implement the offense and defense to everyone 4 months before camp opens! No risk of rookie holdouts, no learning curve, just all veterans who can come in and get the job done.. I don't know who they would trade their 5th pick for if it came to that, maybe (I doubt it) they will trade it to Miami for DE Adewale Ogunleye..

AnonEmouse 03-07-2004 08:38 AM

I still go for them dropping down in the draft and getting a good DE with S and TE the other likely picks. I can't see the point trading the #1 pick for 1 player when you can get 2 of not 3 or 4 others with lower picks.

Anyway, Adewale Ogunleye isn't worth giving up the #1 for.

johnnyredskin63 03-07-2004 08:39 AM

you know,i thought the same thing myself.i would be surprised now if he did'nt trade away all of the picks and use the free agent period as our draft this year.if he does'nt trade down or get rid of the 5th pick,i'm sure he'll take
winslow jr.
[IMG]http://www.thehogs.net/forum/images/smiles/HTTR.gif[/IMG]

Daseal 03-07-2004 09:34 AM

Yeah, he'll keep the #5, one player won't make that big of a difference. I think we'll take either Taylor or Winslow.

Remember when Gibbs stated that he saw a lot of talent that suprised him on the tapes? I think he was talking about D Line. Everyone assumed McCullough, but I don't think he's going to see the field much this year. Maybe he saw something in our D Line. Really we didn't have a D coordinator worth a damn.

skins009 03-07-2004 10:59 AM

I gues Gibbs needs a new pair of glasses then, bc its hard to know where he saw talent on our d-line.

Daseal 03-07-2004 11:12 AM

That's my guess. I think our scheme caused a lot of our defensive problems last year. We'd hold them to 3rd and long then give them 40 yards.

johnnyredskin63 03-07-2004 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=skins009]I gues Gibbs needs a new pair of glasses then, bc its hard to know where he saw talent on our d-line.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red]maybe he saw a lot of potental that could be brought out with proper methods and renewed work ethic.the line was not really that bad,or the whole defense.when you do dumb things like be called for unsportsmanlike conduct or holding on 3rd and 29,the whole team suffers.with the right discipline and techniques the skins have the potental for a great defense.[/COLOR]

Gmanc711 03-07-2004 02:05 PM

We signed Rasby, so I think that eliminated the Winslow Idea. I dont know for sure, I mean Winslow is a very althetic versitile TE, but I just dont see us getting another TE, and ignoring the D.

Ghost 03-07-2004 02:21 PM

I can see there being a hidden gem among the DTs, maybe Haley, but who's there to like at DE? We've got no one except Wynn and Upshaw. I think we need Udeze.

Scott 03-07-2004 03:40 PM

I am still all for signing Taylor, Ohalete doesn't do it for me, I think with a combo of Springs, Smoot, and Taylor in the back and a combo of Trotter, Washington, and Arrignton we will have recievers scared to go anywhere on the field

Tiger 03-08-2004 02:57 AM

Taylor in the 1st round

[QUOTE=Scott]I am still all for signing Taylor, Ohalete doesn't do it for me, I think with a combo of Springs, Smoot, and Taylor in the back and a combo of Trotter, Washington, and Arrignton we will have recievers scared to go anywhere on the field[/QUOTE]

Taylor is going to start and make an impact where ever he goes. He'll be like a 6'3" Brian Dawkins. With his ability to fly around the field and come up for run support, I think he'd fit well into a Redskins uniform. And we could certainly use a safety to cover over the top like that, especially now that Baileys gone. You never know who they'll pick on draft day, I have a feeling they might look nab a reciever. I also wouldnt mind getting Wilfork, he had a great workout for the scouts.

AnonEmouse 03-08-2004 07:43 AM

MY head says they'll trade down, but my heart says Taylor. I remember when we had Alvin Walton - the guy hit like a train. Like Attwater and Lott, that kind of player can make up for a deficiency elsewhere. And if we pick up a DE in FA, then we have less to worry about.

skinsfanthru&thru 03-08-2004 08:30 AM

I've noticed almost everyone on this site stating fears about our defense as it stands right now, but correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Greg Williams' defense finish in the top 5 or 10 last year and the only above average players I know about having been on that team were Takeo Spikes, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, and A. Winfield. His system is able to get average players to become above average (for example Aaron Schobel.) Can anyone hear say w/o a shadow of a doubt that Marvin Lewis had better players, with the exception of Bailey, when he was here or Ray Rhodes? This year, for the first time in a long time, we actually have coaches on both offense and defense who know what they are doing. I think we'll be fine once we make a couple veteran additions after the June 1st cut date and although I honestly see us trading down in the draft, one draft idea that I like that hasn't been mentioned as far as I know is to draft Roy Williams of Texas. Can anyone say he wouldn't be an upgrade over if not Gardner atleast Mccants? We could have a Kansas City-like offense and I believe williams can coach up atleast a top 10 defense. How scary and awesome would that be?