Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thomas expects to see more time on kickoffs (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33624)

mlmpetert 11-24-2009 12:17 PM

Thomas expects to see more time on kickoffs

Anyone else excited?

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/thomas-expects-to-see-more-time.html]Redskins Insider - Thomas expects to see more time on kickoffs[/url]

CRedskinsRule 11-24-2009 12:26 PM

Re: Thomas expects to see more time on kickoffs

[QUOTE]"I think just my ability to hit it hard, explosive, don't slow down, no fear, just hit it and try to hit that hole," Thomas said. "If it's there, I'm telling you I'm going to the house. I'm waiting to do it."[/QUOTE]

One thing I like about DT, that I don't see in our other players, is that desire to take it to the house. On MKs good catch and run, I still don't know how he didn't get in the endzone, but that's just me. I realize others may have that same fire, but it just seems to burn through when I see DT running. Of course, all that said, he isnt lighting up our TD stats, so maybe I am wrong

53Fan 11-24-2009 12:30 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;630147]One thing I like about DT, that I don't see in our other players, is that desire to take it to the house. On MKs good catch and run, I still don't know how he didn't get in the endzone, but that's just me. I realize others may have that same fire, but it just seems to burn through when I see DT running. Of course, all that said, he isnt lighting up our TD stats, so maybe I am wrong[/quote]

No I think you're right. He's been showing great effort lately when the ball is in his hands. I think he's ready to make some noise.

diehardskin2982 11-24-2009 12:32 PM

Good the more touches he gets in the game, the better he will be.

freddyg12 11-24-2009 12:39 PM

He's looking much more confident. i like the wr screen to him as well. I'd like to see more quick slants to him & if we can protect he can get deep. i would like to see more shots to him as opposed to going to Moss every time they throw deep.

Overall, you've got like his development. It might be slow, but if he progresses a little more this year next year he might be ready to breakout.

firstdown 11-24-2009 01:33 PM

[quote=freddyg12;630155]He's looking much more confident. i like the wr screen to him as well. I'd like to see more quick slants to him & if we can protect he can get deep. i would like to see more shots to him as opposed to going to Moss every time they throw deep.

Overall, you've got like his development. It might be slow, but if he progresses a little more this year next year he might be ready to breakout.[/quote]

Would not help much using him on the deep pass unless he is 12' tall.

SmootSmack 11-24-2009 01:40 PM

[quote=freddyg12;630155]He's looking much more confident. i like the wr screen to him as well. I'd like to see more quick slants to him & if we can protect he can get deep. i would like to see more shots to him as opposed to going to Moss every time they throw deep.

Overall, you've got like his development. It might be slow, but if he progresses a little more this year next year he might be ready to breakout.[/quote]

What I like is that opportunities are coming his way and they're playing to his strengths. Let him run with the ball, don't just send him on deep post patterns

Trample the Elderly 11-24-2009 01:43 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;630151]Good the more touches he gets in the game, the better he will be.[/quote]

Ditto

DynamiteRave 11-24-2009 01:43 PM

Why they didn't think of trying this earlier in the season is beyond me. :doh:

freddyg12 11-24-2009 02:23 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;630184]Why they didn't think of trying this earlier in the season is beyond me. :doh:[/quote]

He got some runbacks in preseason & in one game I believe he got a couple ko returns. He hasn't looked as good doing it til now though.

skinsguy 11-24-2009 02:42 PM

Excellent! I'm glad to finally see Thomas starting to be utilized more. I think he has great potential to be a solid WR.

Still not happy with Malcom Kelly though.

Dirtbag59 11-24-2009 03:23 PM

[quote=skinsguy;630208]Excellent! I'm glad to finally see Thomas starting to be utilized more. I think he has great potential to be a solid WR.

Still not happy with Malcom Kelly though.[/quote]

But he had a 1st round grade!

Swarley 11-24-2009 03:26 PM

I'm really happy with the way were using him in our offense as of late and this can only help him improve.

skinsguy 11-24-2009 04:49 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;630224]But he had a 1st round grade![/quote]

Honestly with receivers, I really don't think it matters if they're a first rounder or a 7th rounder. It's not often that a top round receiver makes an instant impact.

mlmdub130 11-24-2009 05:51 PM

i like it the more dt and mk have the ball in their hands the better, not only do we need to see what they have, but from the little i have been able to seeof them they both have been making huge strides in the past few weeks

doughtydoubter 11-24-2009 06:03 PM

Totally this is a good thing

Zerohero 11-24-2009 08:18 PM

I'm all for this, Rock can actually be our running back now and we can put a returner to run back kicks.

Hog1 11-24-2009 08:57 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;630184]Why they didn't think of trying this earlier in the season is beyond me. :doh:[/quote]
We were to busy running left for .5 yards on first down

The Goat 11-24-2009 09:33 PM

Well it sounds like we're all agreed this is positive news.

Ever since I saw Devin run w/ the ball I thought he could be a playmaker...now he seems to have the right attitude as well. It's actually a real encouraging story amidst a season of gloom.

rbanerjee23 11-24-2009 09:48 PM

I am all for giving the young guys a chance to step up and get some playing time seeing how this is 'the lost season'

GridIron26 11-24-2009 11:09 PM

[quote=rbanerjee23;630343]I am all for giving the young guys a chance to step up and get some playing time seeing how this is 'the lost season'[/quote]

Amen to that! Next thing the coaches need to do is get Mitchell involve in passing game..

mlmdub130 11-24-2009 11:11 PM

[quote=GridIron26;630363]Amen to that! [B]Next thing the coaches need to do is get Mitchell involve in passing game.[/B].[/quote]

amen to that!

CRedskinsRule 11-24-2009 11:12 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;630364]amen to that![/quote]

ditto

53Fan 11-24-2009 11:30 PM

[QUOTE=GridIron26;630363]Amen to that![B] Next thing the coaches need to do is get Mitchell involve in passing game..[/[/B]QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. I've read where the reason he isn't getting alot of time is because Kelly and Thomas are also young and coming on, and why take time away from them? I've yet to see one of them catch a fade pass like Marco can though. Personally I wouldn't mind sitting Moss and El and giving all three of these guys more of a chance.

mlmdub130 11-24-2009 11:34 PM

[quote=53Fan;630379]

Sounds good to me. I've read where the reason he isn't getting alot of time is because Kelly and Thomas are also young and coming on, and why take time away from them? I've yet to see one of them catch a fade pass like Marco can though. [B]Personally I wouldn't mind sitting Moss and El and giving all three of these guys more of a chance[/B].[/quote]

just wait a week or two until we are officially mathmatically elminated

Meks 11-25-2009 12:40 AM

speaking of wide outa ... every time MARKO MITCHELL has been on the field and thrown to i see a catch, or him doing work away from the ball.... get him in the F@#!@in game man.

and yes i think DT is coming along AND i love the k/o duty.

The Goat 11-25-2009 12:57 AM

Assuming the oline gels together a bit more I'd like to see a 5 wide-out set of Tana, Thomas, Kelly, Mitchell and ARL (in the slot). I think we'd see faster progress outta the younger guys this way...guess that's kind of obvious since they'd all get reps together.

GridIron26 11-25-2009 01:04 AM

[quote=53Fan;630379][quote=GridIron26;630363]Amen to that![B] Next thing the coaches need to do is get Mitchell involve in passing game..[/[/B]QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. I've read where the reason he isn't getting alot of time is because Kelly and Thomas are also young and coming on, and why take time away from them? I've yet to see one of them catch a fade pass like Marco can though. Personally I wouldn't mind sitting Moss and El and giving all three of these guys more of a chance.[/quote]

I can understand and agree with this, but we really have to get him involved somehow anyway.. We can use him mainly for red zone plays only or something like that.. It's not like Moss is useful in red zone, Randle El is sometimes but I am certain that we can afford to sit Moss and Randle El when we are in red zone area.. That area is one of areas where we need to work on, we might as well try other things..

KLHJ2 11-25-2009 01:06 AM

Call me "negative Nancy" but I just cannot get excited about anything the Skins are doing this year. I guess that it is good for the future of the team.

Monkeydad 11-25-2009 02:46 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;630151]Good the more touches he gets in the game, the better he will be.[/quote]

That, plus we can't throw our starting RB out there for kick returns! :Flush:

53Fan 11-25-2009 03:30 PM

[quote=GridIron26;630403][quote=53Fan;630379]

I can understand and agree with this, but we really have to get him involved somehow anyway.. We can use him mainly for red zone plays only or something like that.. It's not like Moss is useful in red zone, Randle El is sometimes but I am certain that we can afford to sit Moss and Randle El when we are in red zone area.. That area is one of areas where we need to work on, we might as well try other things..[/quote]

I'm right there with you GridIron26!

tryfuhl 11-25-2009 04:07 PM

I've been impressed with what he's done when given the opportunity. I spoke with his father a bit before the Detroit game, not that that's relevant.