Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Burgundy pants are back! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15976)

Skinnzz 11-27-2006 09:42 PM

Re: Burgundy pants are back!

talkin bout burgundy tops and burgundy pants of course

SmootSmack 11-27-2006 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=Skinnzz;251884]talkin bout burgundy tops and burgundy pants of course[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board!

corporationtshirt 11-27-2006 09:52 PM

Yes, I am glad the burgundy pants are back. Bringing back the gold pants?? only as part of an alternate uniform. and then it would be like the ones from the 75th anniversary.

Now as far as the white jerseys go, I cannot site a specific quote, but I thought I read somewhere (or heard on the radio) that Gibbs preferred the white jerseys because the qb's can see the receivers better. That makes sense.

70Chip 11-27-2006 10:04 PM

Corporation T-shirt Stupid Bloody Tuesday Man you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe.....

Welcome.

Skinette 11-27-2006 10:25 PM

im with it :)

JGisLordOfTheRings 11-28-2006 12:48 AM

Nice look to go with.....

PLEASE JOE>>>GIMME A THROWBACK SOON!!!!!!!!

EEich 11-28-2006 10:10 AM

[quote=70Chip;251911]Corporation T-shirt Stupid Bloody Tuesday Man you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe.....

Welcome.[/quote]

Goo Goo Ga Joob

Beemnseven 11-28-2006 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=corporationtshirt;251899]Now as far as the white jerseys go, I cannot site a specific quote, but I thought I read somewhere (or heard on the radio) that Gibbs preferred the white jerseys because the qb's can see the receivers better. That makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard the same thing. That was in the old days when the Skins played at RFK stadium -- the way the shadows were sometimes cast over the field, there were literally 'dark spots' towards the endzone that made the burgundy jerseys hard to distinguish. Gibbs took note of that, and made the permanent switch to white jerseys at home.

Beemnseven 11-28-2006 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=Citizens for 81;251724]Burgundy jerseys suck. It's the jersey other teams make the skins wear when they're on the road. It's the jersey we have to wear in Dallas. It's the jersey we often struggle to win in because we're on the road. Burgundy jerseys look too much like K.C.'s jerseys and Marty made the skins wear them at home which I saw as an insult to the redskins' legacy.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, but think about it: What are the colors of the Washington Redskins? Burgundy and gold! NOT white and burgundy.

Personally, if I ran the NFL, the rule would be that every team would have to wear their team's primary color at home -- and every away team has to wear white.

An interesting side note, since everyone associates the glory years and Super Bowl wins with the Skins white jerseys/burgundy pants -- last year, when Pittsburgh wore their white jerseys, they were only the third team in Super Bowl history to wear white jerseys as the "home" team behind Dallas and Washington.

BDBohnzie 11-28-2006 03:06 PM

it's just a classic combo. White jerseys and burgundy pants. They make a terrific pair. Like lamb and tuna fish.

Beemnseven 11-28-2006 03:08 PM

Oh, one more thing about team colors:

Can someone please tell me what the hell the color is of the Cowboys pants when they wear their white jerseys? It looks like it's sort of a sea-green color.

But when they're in the dark jerseys, the color of the pants is definitely silver. What's the deal with that?

JGisLordOfTheRings 11-28-2006 03:37 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;252254]Oh, one more thing about team colors:

Can someone please tell me what the hell the color is of the Cowboys pants when they wear their white jerseys? It looks like it's sort of a sea-green color.

But when they're in the dark jerseys, the color of the pants is definitely silver. What's the deal with that?[/quote]

they're the frickin Cow-girls....nuff said....

Crat92 11-29-2006 01:07 AM

Like the burgundy pants, but the stripe looked kinda odd to me.

Monkeydad 11-29-2006 11:31 AM

[quote=Beemnseven;252254]Oh, one more thing about team colors:

But when they're in the dark jerseys, the color of the pants is definitely silver. What's the deal with that?[/quote]

It's a lot like the popular kitchen color from the 1950s.

Big C 11-29-2006 11:57 AM

white on white was nice when it was new, but it got old