Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins Will Upset The Saints! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16322)

12thMan 12-11-2006 03:21 PM

Skins Will Upset The Saints!

No, this isn't one of those bright spot threads! Although they are starting to catch on.

I'm not betting on the Saints having a let down, as I'm counting on the Skins getting up for one of the best teams in the NFL right now.

First of all, I think Jason Cambell will have his best game so far. I really feel like he's settling in the offense a little more and our rush attack will set up some nice strikes for him.

That being said, I think the Redskins will finally click on all 4 cylinders and put together a complete game.

Schneed10 12-11-2006 03:23 PM

Re: Skins Will Upset The Saints!

[quote=12thMan;258940]No, this isn't one of those bright spot threads! Although they are starting to catch on.

I'm not betting on the Saints having a let down, as I'm counting on the Skins getting up for one of the best teams in the NFL right now.

First of all, I think Jason Cambell will have his best game so far. I really feel like he's settling in the offense a little more and our rush attack will set up some nice strikes for him.

That being said, I think the Reskins will finally click on all 4 cylinders and put together a complete game.[/quote]

I'll be impressed if our piss-ant excuse for a secondary can hold up against the NFL's passing leader, Drew Brees.

Nice signature by the way, 12th.

Hog1 12-11-2006 03:24 PM

tru dat'

hesscl34 12-11-2006 03:24 PM

[quote=12thMan;258940]No, this isn't one of those bright spot threads! Although they are starting to catch on.

That being said, I think the Reskins will finally click on all 4 cylinders and put together a complete game.[/quote]

It's R E D S K I N S!! :spank:

12thMan 12-11-2006 03:26 PM

[quote=hesscl34;258949]It's R E D S K I N S!! :spank:[/quote]

Talk about post cop!

The Zimmermans 12-11-2006 03:26 PM

I like the effort, but it's hard to be positive for this game, doesn't look very promising, I feel that our offense will have a good game.........but what about the defense? Since when could we stop the best offense in the NFC?

jdlea 12-11-2006 03:28 PM

I don't know. Brees is killing everything in sight and the Skins can't cover. Reggie took a short pass to the house against a d that's way better than Washington's and I don't think they'll stop Deuce.

hesscl34 12-11-2006 03:31 PM

[quote=jdlea;258954]I don't know. Brees is killing everything in sight and the Skins can't cover. Reggie took a short pass to the house against a d that's way better than Washington's and I don't think they'll stop Deuce.[/quote]

Seriously, if Carlos Rogers doesn't have the game of his life we are going to be screwed.

LMsexyAO 12-11-2006 03:32 PM

Ya'll are forgetting one very important detail: The Washington Redskins are [B]THE[/B] most unpredictable team in the NFL! If we shut out the Saints, that wouldn't surprise me, if we get crushed, well, that wouldn't surprise me either! Have faith.

12thMan 12-11-2006 03:35 PM

[quote=LMsexyAO;258961]Ya'll are forgetting one very important detail: The Washington Redskins are [B]THE[/B] most unpredictable team in the NFL! If we shut out the Saints, that wouldn't surprise me, if we get crushed, well, that wouldn't surprise me either! Have faith.[/quote]

Exactly, we don't know which team will show up. I'm convinced it will be the same team that beat the Panthers.

Also, I wouldn't be suprised to see A.Carter have a good game. The fast turf may suit his style a little more.

hail_2_da_skins 12-11-2006 03:35 PM

That being said, I think the Redskins will finally click on all 4 cylinders and put together a complete game.[/quote]

I would be shocked if the Redskins upset the Saints. The Redskin offense will be able to move the ball on the Saints but will they be able to score enough touchdowns to win? The Redskin defense has been falling apart late in games. The Saints offense is clicking on all cylinders. I don't see the Skins matching up too well. It's going to be a long day in the Superdome.

hesscl34 12-11-2006 03:41 PM

It would make the season, that's for sure. A great game against a great team... if we could pulll it out and look awesome while we're at it, then next season couldn't come soon enough. I can dream......

12thMan 12-11-2006 03:49 PM

I'm pulling a Joe Wille Namath - I guarantee a win!

Monkeydad 12-11-2006 03:55 PM

I DO think we'll get a LOT closer to winning than Dallas just did. :)

The Zimmermans 12-11-2006 04:06 PM

How many wins we got on the road...........1? agianst the texans

Lock 12-11-2006 04:32 PM

Saints fan here, and we're not chalking this up a win by any means. Maybe the so called "experts" will say that we're the heavy favorite, but so were the Cowboys last night, so that don't mean squat to me.

Our Run D is suspect at best. We were able to get off to a big lead where Dallas could not pound away at us, but if you guys can keep Drew from making a big play early and us getting the lead, a steady diet of Betts, while picking on our secondary will put you guys in a good position.

TheMalcolmConnection 12-11-2006 04:33 PM

It's sad how we get looked at as a "trap game". :(

I miss when our games mattered.

brent 12-11-2006 04:40 PM

Won't be a huge surprise -- the Saints are coming off a "statement game". The Skins are not going to see their best, that's for sure.

Saints know how to win games, Skins know how to lose them. I don't think we'll be blown out; another kneel down on the 3 yard line with time expiring is possible.

VTSkins897 12-11-2006 05:10 PM

we definitely have a chance to win. anyone does in the NFL these days. however, i see us getting crushed.

dall-assblows 12-11-2006 05:14 PM

That being said, I think the Redskins will finally click on all 4 cylinders and put together a complete game.[/quote]

i know why he will have his best game ever.

b/c the superdome is where he played when AUB played VT and he was named MVP of the bowl game.

dall-assblows 12-11-2006 05:18 PM

I want ST to "jack up" little Reggie douche, i mean Bush.

haha that was stupid, i know

D'BOYZ 12-11-2006 05:42 PM

I hope so hahahah

GTripp0012 12-11-2006 06:17 PM

I think we will do better than the Cowboys, but I don't see us winning this game. If the offense comes to play, it will be competitive. If they don't, it will be over fast.

I do think we can win our last two though.

CrazyCanuck 12-11-2006 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;258944]I'll be impressed if our piss-ant excuse for a secondary can hold up against the NFL's passing leader, Drew Brees.

Nice signature by the way, 12th.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

Not to mention I already complimented 12th on his sig in another thread. It's my favorite Warpath sig right now.

Longtimefan 12-11-2006 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;258940]No, this isn't one of those bright spot threads! Although they are starting to catch on.

That being said, I think the Redskins will finally click on all 4 cylinders and put together a complete game.[/QUOTE]

You never know what's going to happen, that's why we play the games.

"On any Given Sunday"........

dall-assblows 12-11-2006 08:04 PM

"we play to Win the game, hello!"

Longtimefan 12-11-2006 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=dall-assblows;259119]"we play to Win the game, hello!"[/QUOTE]

A Herman Edwards quote......

redskins5044 12-11-2006 08:37 PM

bush will have another good game this week v.s. the skins. the saints just lit up a good defense last night.

Redskin 12-11-2006 08:40 PM

The eagles offense isnt to shabby and we stuck with them pretyyu well and the only reason they really scored was do to their defensive INTS

mheisig 12-11-2006 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;258940]No, this isn't one of those bright spot threads! Although they are starting to catch on.

That being said, I think the Redskins will finally click on all [B]4 cylinders[/B] and put together a complete game.[/QUOTE]

If we could get them to click on all 8, or even 12 or 16 cylinders, then we'd be in business.

12thMan 12-11-2006 09:01 PM

[quote=mheisig;259125]If we could get them to click on all 8, or even 12 or 16 cylinders, then we'd be in business.[/quote]

I know:(

If there's any consolation for the Skins right now, at least Rex Grossman isn't our QB.

SweetPea Jefferson 12-11-2006 10:06 PM

Here in New Orleans, the local sports announcers, specifically Bobby Hebert, are looking past the Skins. Everyone is saying that it will be next to impossible for the Saints to lose to the Skins. Instead of talking about the Skins vs. Saints game, all talk is where to buy playoff tickets and that the Saints can get home field if they beat Carolina and NY Giants. Go Skins!!!

RobH4413 12-11-2006 10:12 PM

That's good to know!

If we win the turnover battle, we'll win IMO.
That being said.

[B][U]Prediction:[/U][/B]

28-17 saints win.

Campbell goes 15/30 215yd 2td 2int

Betts plays great again.

Defense won't be able to handle that offense. A good dallas
D just got smoked. I don't see us pulling this one out. It'll be another game that we win alot of the stats, but lose.

SmootSmack 12-11-2006 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=SweetPea Jefferson;259138]Here in New Orleans, the local sports announcers, specifically Bobby Hebert, are looking past the Skins. Everyone is saying that it will be next to impossible for the Saints to lose to the Skins. Instead of talking about the Skins vs. Saints game, all talk is where to buy playoff tickets and that the Saints can get home field if they beat Carolina and NY Giants. Go Skins!!![/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board. I must say I always liked Bobby Hebert when he was playing. Him and Dalton Hilliard

Saints Fan in Austin 12-12-2006 01:55 AM

Not going to happen! Payton won't let the Saints look ahead, and the home field advantage will be crazy in the Superdome coming off of that Dallas win. I just don't see it happening.

GTripp0012 12-12-2006 02:13 AM

[quote=Saints Fan in Austin;259167]Not going to happen! Payton won't let the Saints look ahead, and the home field advantage will be crazy in the Superdome coming off of that Dallas win. I just don't see it happening.[/quote]I agree, but we won't be as easy as Dallas was, I promise you that!

marius 12-12-2006 06:33 AM

I have to say, poor as we have been and well as the Saints are playing, I really fancy the Skins to win. I just feel that they will take their eyes of this game and focus on later, bigger games. Campbell will continue to improve and we seem to have established some running game consitency and I see the D stepping up against the Saints. Let's hope so, anyway!

oldhog44 12-12-2006 08:00 AM

na, they will play hard for a quarter or two and then realize they make a crap load of money and have been out of the playoffs for weeks, and shut it down

freddyg12 12-12-2006 08:23 AM

I see the Skins winning because (in no particular order)
1) it's December & that's when Gibbs teams win most, even the losing ones. 2) We have no pressure on us
3) Law of averages- we are due to get some TOs. brees will throw 2 int.s & Bush will fumble
4) Campbell is making progress & will put together his best game. He'll have lots of family there as this is as close to home (Miss.) as he's played.

12thMan 12-18-2006 11:47 AM

[quote=Saints Fan in Austin;259167]Not going to happen! Payton won't let the Saints look ahead, and the home field advantage will be crazy in the Superdome coming off of that Dallas win. I just don't see it happening.[/quote]

I wonder where this guy is today?