Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fitzmagic thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64842)

MissouriSkin 06-30-2021 07:46 AM

Re: Fitzmagic thread

[quote=irish;1285396]Its still too early to decide if Haskins is worthless as it is to decide if Heinicke
is great. The sample size of games played is just too small.[/quote]

As far as Haskins goes....what did the eye test tell you.....

irish 06-30-2021 08:35 AM

[quote=MissouriSkin;1285431]As far as Haskins goes....what did the eye test tell you.....[/quote]

It told me he can throw the ball and in the right system could succeed. Of course that success depends on his attitude and work ethic as much as his physical skill.

If he doesn't succeed with Pgh he wont make it anywhere because Pgh is the most stable organization in the NFL and he needs that stability to excel. He went from the most f'd up organization in the NFL to Pgh so its now or never.

MissouriSkin 06-30-2021 09:06 AM

[quote=irish;1285434]It told me he can throw the ball and in the right system could succeed. Of course that success depends on his attitude and work ethic as much as his physical skill.

If he doesn't succeed with Pgh he wont make it anywhere because Pgh is the most stable organization in the NFL and he needs that stability to excel. He went from the most f'd up organization in the NFL to Pgh so its now or never.[/quote]

My eye test told me he had no business being in the NFL because he had literally no idea what he’s was doing.

skinsfaninok 06-30-2021 09:08 AM

QB Play is way more than being able to throw a ball... Haskins doesn't have that IT factor or leadership. He's also just not very good

MTK 06-30-2021 09:25 AM

Haskins has no work ethic, no leadership, and poor fundamentals. He's a massive project. Good chance he's out of the league in the next 2 years.

mooby 06-30-2021 09:37 AM

[quote=MTK;1285438]Haskins has no work ethic, no leadership, and poor fundamentals. He's a massive project. Good chance he's out of the league in the next 2 years.[/quote]

Part of a wave of young athletes who get by in college with supreme athletic talent and minimal film/playbook study, then they get to the NFL where even the bottom of the roster was a stud in college. For the most part all of the elite players in the NFL understand you gotta study your ass off and watch tape out the wazoo looking for every single competitive advantage you can to separate your game from the bottom of the depth chart. Some guys never learn.

My ultimate fear is this clicks for Haskins and he goes on to have a quality or HOF level career as Roethlisberger's replacement with the Steelers. Meanwhile we're standing here holding our charles dickens without a long term solution at qb.

MTK 06-30-2021 09:46 AM

[quote=mooby;1285440]Part of a wave of young athletes who get by in college with supreme athletic talent and minimal film/playbook study, then they get to the NFL where even the bottom of the roster was a stud in college. For the most part all of the elite players in the NFL understand you gotta study your ass off and watch tape out the wazoo looking for every single competitive advantage you can to separate your game from the bottom of the depth chart. Some guys never learn.

My ultimate fear is this clicks for Haskins and he goes on to have a quality or HOF level career as Roethlisberger's replacement with the Steelers. Meanwhile we're standing here holding our charles dickens without a long term solution at qb.[/quote]

He had multiple chances here to "get it" and pissed away a massive opportunity. Chances of him having a HOF career is practically zero. I wouldn't waste any time worrying about that.

skinsfaninok 06-30-2021 09:57 AM

He's back to posting workout clips on IG so no worries lolol

irish 06-30-2021 10:07 AM

[quote=MTK;1285441]He had multiple chances here to "get it" and pissed away a massive opportunity. Chances of him having a HOF career is practically zero. I wouldn't waste any time worrying about that.[/quote]

I'm not sure he's had multiple chances here to "get it" but he did have an opportunity and blew it. Rivera was never sold on DH and DH didn't do himself any favors with Rivera. But again, he's an immature kid drafted by the worst organization in the NFL so the deck was stacked against him from the start.

Pgh had nothing to lose and everything to gain giving DH a shot. He has nothing but upside and if he doesn't make the team they aren't out anything. If he cant succeed with Pgh he's done in the NFL.

GridIron26 06-30-2021 10:29 AM

[quote=MTK;1285438]Haskins has no work ethic, no leadership, and poor fundamentals. He's a massive project. [B]Good chance he's out of the league in the next 2 years.[/B][/quote]

Yep at this point, I think the only path Haskins can hope for is to become a career backup QB.

punch it in 06-30-2021 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=MissouriSkin;1285431]As far as Haskins goes....what did the eye test tell you.....[/QUOTE]

That he sucks….

punch it in 06-30-2021 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=mooby;1285440]

My ultimate fear is this clicks for Haskins and he goes on to have a quality or HOF level career as Roethlisberger's replacement with the Steelers. [/QUOTE]

Rest easy Mooby. Rest easy.

MissouriSkin 06-30-2021 10:43 AM

[quote=punch it in;1285454]Rest easy Mooby. Rest easy.[/quote]

I don’t think too many people are worried about that particular scenario.

punch it in 06-30-2021 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=MissouriSkin;1285455]I don’t think too many people are worried about that particular scenario.[/QUOTE]

I dont think Dwayne is worried about that scenario lol

MTK 06-30-2021 10:56 AM

Dwayne likes everything about being an NFL QB except for what it takes to be a great one.

MissouriSkin 06-30-2021 10:57 AM

[quote=punch it in;1285457]I dont think Dwayne is worried about that scenario lol[/quote]

Hence the problem….. lol.

punch it in 06-30-2021 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=MissouriSkin;1285459]Hence the problem….. lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Exactly

MissouriSkin 06-30-2021 11:59 AM

[quote=punch it in;1285467]Haha. Exactly[/quote]

But he can tell us on YouTube how he spent his first million….

punch it in 06-30-2021 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=MissouriSkin;1285468]But he can tell us on YouTube how he spent his first million….[/QUOTE]

I am working in such extreme heat today, and I actually take pride in my menial job. It takes me a decade or so to gross a million dollars. That guy made millions for what? Derailing a football team because he has zero work ethic, and yeah he brags about it. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. He may be a millionaire but he is a bust at his job.

irish 06-30-2021 12:48 PM

[quote=MTK;1285458]Dwayne likes everything about being an NFL QB except for what it takes to be a great one.[/quote]

Haha. True

irish 06-30-2021 12:56 PM

[quote=punch it in;1285471]I am working in such extreme heat today, and I actually take pride in my menial job. It takes me a decade or so to gross a million dollars. That guy made millions for what? Derailing a football team because he has zero work ethic, and yeah he brags about it. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. He may be a millionaire but he is a bust at his job.[/quote]

Do you think his lack of work ethic and bragging was a surprise to WFT, I don't. I think they (as in Dan Snyder) chose to ignore the red flags and draft him anyway. Drafting players like DH is what bad organizations like WFT do. DH didn't derail WFT, WFT has been derailing itself for close to 30 years now.

mooby 06-30-2021 01:38 PM

[quote=MissouriSkin;1285455]I don’t think too many people are worried about that particular scenario.[/quote]

I mean the odds of it happening are about 1% imo. But even those odds...

[IMG]https://news.pypeline.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/So-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg[/IMG]

AnonEmouse 06-30-2021 07:04 PM

[quote=mooby;1285474]I mean the odds of it happening are about 1% imo. But even those odds...

[IMG]https://news.pypeline.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/So-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

“Scientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one.
But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.” Sir Terry Pratchett ;)

punch it in 06-30-2021 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=irish;1285473]Do you think his lack of work ethic and bragging was a surprise to WFT, I don't. I think they (as in Dan Snyder) chose to ignore the red flags and draft him anyway. Drafting players like DH is what bad organizations like WFT do. DH didn't derail WFT, WFT has been derailing itself for close to 30 years now.[/QUOTE]

Couldn’t agree more. I think with Ron here we are safe from the wrath of Dan for the foreseeable future, well at least as far as draft picks go….

Monkeydad 07-01-2021 09:05 AM

[url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/pffs-sam-monson-sees-even-average-ryan-fitzpatrick-making-wft-very?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs[/url]

“I think Fitzpatrick, again, if he just ranks in the middle of the pack, that makes Washington a very dangerous football team."

nonniey 07-01-2021 11:47 AM

[quote=mooby;1285440]....

My ultimate fear is this clicks for Haskins and he goes on to have a quality or HOF level career as Roethlisberger's replacement with the Steelers. .....[/quote]

Why? At this point if Haskins goes on to be great how does that hurt the Redskins? He's a sunk cost that has been released. If he sucks from now on or is great from now on it has the same effect on our team.

BaltimoreSkins 07-01-2021 12:34 PM

[quote=irish;1285473]Do you think his lack of work ethic and bragging was a surprise to WFT, I don't. I think they (as in Dan Snyder) chose to ignore the red flags and draft him anyway. Drafting players like DH is what bad organizations like WFT do. DH didn't derail WFT, WFT has been derailing itself for close to 30 years now.[/quote]

Gruden did an interview on Sheehan's podcast a few months back as I recall he was saying many weren't keen on drafting Haskins. It sounded to me like WFt new what they were getting.

irish 07-01-2021 12:54 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1285506][url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/pffs-sam-monson-sees-even-average-ryan-fitzpatrick-making-wft-very?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs[/url]

“I think Fitzpatrick, again, if he just ranks in the middle of the pack, that makes Washington a very dangerous football team."[/quote]

This is 100% correct. This year WFT has a legit pro QB that they didn't have last year.

FrenchSkin 07-01-2021 05:20 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1285516]Gruden did an interview on Sheehan's podcast a few months back as I recall he was saying many weren't keen on drafting Haskins. It sounded to me like WFt new what they were getting.[/quote]

Oh yeah. It's no secret they had a 2nd round grade at best on him, it was Snyder's pick.

SkinzWin 07-03-2021 03:13 PM

[quote=nonniey;1285515]Why? At this point if Haskins goes on to be great how does that hurt the Redskins? He's a sunk cost that has been released. If he sucks from now on or is great from now on it has the same effect on our team.[/quote]

I don’t think Haskins has the potential to be greatest at anything except falling into the category of 60% of 1st round picks that become wash outs that don’t receive a huge second contract.

oldfan 07-08-2021 06:05 PM

I don't get on line much but I read the posts every day. I realize that Fitzpatrick is probably the best quarterback we have but I do not understand or agree with the many posts about how great he is. He has been replaced everywhere he has gone. That tells me that he is not a real NFL starting quarterback but is a stop gap at best. Can anyone explain why the love affair some members on this board have with him. I am not being critical, just curious.

mooby 07-08-2021 06:14 PM

[quote=oldfan;1285704]I don't get on line much but I read the posts every day. I realize that Fitzpatrick is probably the best quarterback we have but I do not understand or agree with the many posts about how great he is. He has been replaced everywhere he has gone. That tells me that he is not a real NFL starting quarterback but is a stop gap at best. Can anyone explain why the love affair some members on this board have with him. I am not being critical, just curious.[/quote]

Maybe you'll understand when he throws a 40 yard completion on 4th and 30 with 2 minutes left in the 4th and down by a score, all while getting his head twisted back by the most egregious facemask hold the NFL has ever seen.

...And then next week he'll throw 4 picks because his confidence is sky high after that game winning drive and every fan on here will be saying the same shit you are. C'est la vie

sdskinsfan2001 07-08-2021 09:00 PM

[quote=oldfan;1285704]I don't get on line much but I read the posts every day. I realize that Fitzpatrick is probably the best quarterback we have but I do not understand or agree with the many posts about how great he is. He has been replaced everywhere he has gone. That tells me that he is not a real NFL starting quarterback but is a stop gap at best. Can anyone explain why the love affair some members on this board have with him. I am not being critical, just curious.[/quote]

He's the best we've had in a while. And our defense should be great. We need a QB that can put up some damm points. Doesn't need to be great. A solid to pretty good overall season should have us well in the playoff hunt, barring injuries. This defense should be able to overcome some turnovers. And his turnover rates the last few seasons is way better than his career averages.

MTK 07-09-2021 08:56 AM

I wouldn't confuse having some optimism with it being a love affair. He's the most capable QB we've had in a while that's all.

SunnySide 07-09-2021 11:17 AM

I was lukewarm to the Fitz signing. But it seems he was the best option we had. Stafford didnt work.

Id much rather go Fitz or stick with Allen/Heinike vs a Dalton/Trubisky/Brissett move.

Im getting excited about Fitz. If he can elevate our Qb play ..with our additions, we have a nominal chance. if we stuck with Allen/Heinike I think our chances are 0.0%.

CRedskinsRule 07-09-2021 12:48 PM

For myself there is excitement for a few reasons.
1) Fitz the last 3 years had qbr's of 95.6, 85.5, and 100.4. Compare that to the disastrous numbers of Haskins/Smith and the offense should be in better hands and more consistent.

2) Both Fitz and Heinicke have similar styles so if we switch the offense should remain consistent.

3) McClauren/Samuels is a dynamic duo for receiving and both are able to get those jump ball type throws that might get Fitz in trouble. If they can get just a few of the passes that have been turnovers for Fitz in the past, he could really shine.

4) finally, our defense should also be able to give the offense support if the turnovers are long ball type. As long as they are not consistently put in short field situations our D should also minimize some of the damage when Fitztragic makes an appearance.

So if the receivers can protect about a third of the fitztragic effect through getting jump balls, and our defense can mitigate another third of the fitztragic effect, then those passer rating numbers from above should equate to a powerful offense to combine with a top 5 defense.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chico23231 07-09-2021 02:13 PM

I’m more excited with Fitz coming than I was with Alex Smith coming onto the team. I really thought it was Andy Reid scheme which allowed Smith to flourish.

Fitz is more of a passer than Alex. But also has a lil bit of a gunslinger mentality which sounds great but outcomes of that style are manic.

When it comes down too it, we have to remember in the end, Fitz has been a journeyman. Like i always say, a good running game is the best friend to a QB unlike any other. Talk about our new weapons and the gunslinger, but focus on building a strong ground game.

GridIron26 07-09-2021 02:59 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1285726]I’m more excited with Fitz coming than I was with Alex Smith coming onto the team. I really thought it was Andy Reid scheme which allowed Smith to flourish.

Fitz is more of a passer than Alex. But also has a lil bit of a gunslinger mentality which sounds great but outcomes of that style are manic.

When it comes down too it, we have to remember in the end, Fitz has been a journeyman. Like i always say, a good running game is the best friend to a QB unlike any other. Talk about our new weapons and the gunslinger, but focus on building a strong ground game.[/quote]

Fitzpatrick is a journeyman, an unique one. I don't know any other journeymen that lasted this long in NFL like Fitzpatrick has. His biggest issue is he is Jekyll & Hyde on the field, I think that's why he played for multiple teams throughout his career. Some teams might have believed that Fitzpatrick has the ability to help them go far in the season, only to be burned by his turnovers. If Fitzpatrick could cut down on the turnovers then he would be a decent QB.

punch it in 07-09-2021 08:45 PM

Fitzmagic thread

[QUOTE=oldfan;1285704]I don't get on line much but I read the posts every day. I realize that Fitzpatrick is probably the best quarterback we have but I do not understand or agree with the many posts about how great he is. He has been replaced everywhere he has gone. That tells me that he is not a real NFL starting quarterback but is a stop gap at best. Can anyone explain why the love affair some members on this board have with him. I am not being critical, just curious.[/QUOTE]

What gives me hope?
Fitz is on a complete team. D, weapons, oline, good staff.

Fitz is going into the season as the clear cut starter. Nobody breathing down his neck.

Fitz has played his best ball in recent history.

It is a unique situation even for a guy who has been around a while. Maybe he just hasn’t had that perfect situation yet.

What gives me anxiety?
Like you said, he has never been great or even really good for a long stretch. However see above…..

punch it in 07-09-2021 08:50 PM

Fitzmagic thread

[QUOTE=nonniey;1285515]Why? At this point if Haskins goes on to be great how does that hurt the Redskins? He's a sunk cost that has been released. If he sucks from now on or is great from now on it has the same effect on our team.[/QUOTE]

Im with Mooby. He succeeds somewhere else we look like the dysfunctional team that couldn’t make it work.
Everyone I know will be laughing because Haskins is so great, and we let him go because he sucked for us. Been putting up with it for too many years. Lol.
That being said the guy will never be great, good, or even not that bad.