Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I love the Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12729)

mheisig 06-15-2006 10:37 AM

I love the Parking Lot

So it took me like 2 years to find the Parking Lot forum, but dammit I love this place. All the serious football talk wears on me after a while, but I feel like I can come here and really be myself with you guys. I mean really open up and connect on an emotional level...I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

::runs away crying::

12thMan 06-15-2006 10:38 AM

Re: I love the Parking Lot

[quote=mheisig]So it took me like 2 years to find the Parking Lot forum, but dammit I love this place. All the serious football talk wears on me after a while, but I feel like I can come here and really be myself with you guys. I mean really open up and connect on an emotional level...I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

::runs away crying::[/quote]

([I]see Man Law Thread[/I]) LOL

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 10:39 AM

I don't ever want to share a prison cell with you sir.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 10:39 AM

[quote=12thMan]([I]see Man Law Thread[/I]) LOL[/quote]

See Man Laws about LOLing.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-15-2006 10:42 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]I don't ever want to share a prison cell with you sir.[/quote]

I don't know, he seems like he would take a shank for you, in more ways than one;)

12thMan 06-15-2006 10:50 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]See Man Laws about LOLing.[/quote]

Bah-zing!

mheisig 06-15-2006 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I don't ever want to share a prison cell with you sir.[/QUOTE]

How about a shower stall?

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 10:54 AM

NOW you're talkin'.

mheisig 06-15-2006 10:56 AM

I apologize for the gross violation of Man Law. I think BSB's emotional posts in the Man Law thread just got me really examining myself an who I am and what's important. As I was writing in my diary earlier today I thought about how validated I feel as a man to have such an emotionally open group who is willing to discuss and grow on such issues and...::sniff:: I...::sniff:: dammit I told myself I wouldn't cry this time...

MTK 06-15-2006 11:00 AM

The P-Lot kicks all kinds of butt

12thMan 06-15-2006 11:09 AM

...while we're sharing, I also wanted to say this has really been a moving experience. In fact, while I was watching Beaches on the Life Time channel the other day, it really dawned upon me how important quality relationships really are. I'm truly blessed to be a part of this community of caring brotherhood.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 11:11 AM

I think I need a tampon.

JoeRedskin 06-15-2006 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I think I need a tampon.[/QUOTE]

Here, we can share.

mheisig 06-15-2006 11:15 AM

Thank you for sharing 12thMan - I'm glad we were able to bond like this.

You know, TMC, I'm not real inclined to loan a tampon to someone who won't share a cell with me.

12thMan 06-15-2006 11:18 AM

[quote=mheisig]Thank you for sharing 12thMan - I'm glad we were able to bond like this.

You know, TMC, I'm not real inclined to loan a tampon to someone who won't share a cell with me.[/quote]

Well, if he's willing to share a shower that has to count for something

dmek25 06-15-2006 12:58 PM

tmc, i didnt know? tell me its not so

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 01:29 PM

Come on. It's scrub, scrub here, scrub, scrub there, whether you're black or bronze, that's how we wash the day away in the merry ol' land of Oz.

gibbsisgod 06-15-2006 01:31 PM

man love is to be shown with a hearty handshake and nothing more.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 01:51 PM

Hell, I'll give one of my boys a hug when the situation calls for it.

1) If I haven't seen them in a long time.
2) If I know I WON'T be seeing them for a long time.
3) During a Skins game where I'm drunk as hell.

Man Law: During a man hug, you must attempt to keep your heads as far away as possible.

mheisig 06-15-2006 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Man Law: During a man hug, you must attempt to keep your heads as far away as possible.[/QUOTE]

Furthermore, hand placement and action shall consist of semi-violent pats on the back. Stationary hands, soft caresses and/or squeezes are strictly prohibited. Lastly, all Man Hugs must be terminated within four (4) seconds.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 02:02 PM

A good judge is to make sure you slap the other person hard enough to hear the breath escaping from their body.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 02:02 PM

But make SURE that's NOT BECAUSE YOUR HEAD IS TOO CLOSE TO THEIR MOUTH! ;)

gibbsisgod 06-15-2006 02:15 PM

there is a difference between man love and showing one of your boys some love. you guys were talking about sharing showers.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 02:16 PM

I'm a conundrum, I know.

mheisig 06-15-2006 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=gibbsisgod]there is a difference between man love and showing one of your boys some love. you guys were talking about sharing showers.[/QUOTE]

I was just talking about efficient group hygene. Well, that and the wonderful emotional bond that comes with a shared shower.

gibbsisgod 06-15-2006 03:30 PM

[quote=mheisig]I was just talking about efficient group hygene. Well, that and the wonderful emotional bond that comes with a shared shower.[/quote]your right. conservation is everybodys resposibility.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-15-2006 03:34 PM

HAHA. I love coming back after working on someone's computers to find comments like these.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-15-2006 03:52 PM

What about the upper body man hug? It consists of a handshake with one hand, a violent fist bump to the spine with the other, heads away from each other and grimacing, and pelvises as far away as possible?

Sorry, I've been at the movies.

gibbsisgod 06-15-2006 03:54 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]What about the upper body man hug? It consists of a handshake with one hand, a violent fist bump to the spine with the other, heads away from each other and grimacing, and pelvises as far away as possible?

Sorry, I've been at the movies.[/quote]that would fall under the "showing your boys some love" category not the "man love' category. and that is acceptable

gibbsisgod 06-15-2006 03:59 PM

and how was the movie "Cars" amd?

ArtMonkDrillz 06-15-2006 04:03 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]and how was the movie "Cars" amd?[/quote]

I actually saw Over the Hedge, thanks! I took my 9 year old sister, that's why I didn't go to work today, I'm on manny duty. And now it's time to go show off my gut at the neighborhood pool, maybe I can pick up the high school lifeguards!

mheisig 06-15-2006 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz]What about the upper body man hug? It consists of a handshake with one hand, a violent fist bump to the spine with the other, heads away from each other and grimacing, and pelvises as far away as possible?

Sorry, I've been at the movies.[/QUOTE]

Perfectly acceptable as long as it's under 4 seconds. Never let your Man Hug be described as "lingering."

And you're at the movies at 2:00 on a Thursday afternoon?

mheisig 06-15-2006 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz]I actually saw Over the Hedge, thanks! I took my 9 year old sister, that's why I didn't go to work today, I'm on manny duty. And now it's time to go show off my gut at the neighborhood pool, maybe I can pick up the high school lifeguards![/QUOTE]

Ok I'm violating some Man Law here, but that movie was pretty funny.

"Help me find my nuts!"

Steve Carell is hilarious.

gibbsisgod 06-15-2006 04:26 PM

amd, i only asked cause i gotta take my kids to see that and i wanted to know if it was funny.
i didnt see over the hedge but my wife took my daughter to see it and they said it was good

ArtMonkDrillz 06-15-2006 05:59 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]amd, i only asked cause i gotta take my kids to see that and i wanted to know if it was funny.
i didnt see over the hedge but my wife took my daughter to see it and they said it was good[/quote]

I understand. Some of those kids movies are actually pretty decent, although I would be sketchy going to see them with a bunch of guys. It's good to have my little sister as an excuse.

gibbsisgod 06-15-2006 06:01 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]I understand. Some of those kids movies are actually pretty decent, although I would be sketchy going to see them with a bunch of guys. It's good to have my little sister as an excuse.[/quote]thats what i use my kids for.

mooby 06-15-2006 06:22 PM

[quote=Mattyk72]The P-Lot kicks all kinds of butt[/quote]

I concur.

hooskins 06-15-2006 10:36 PM

Peeeee lotttt...hollaaaaa

gibbsisgod 06-27-2006 03:40 PM

will the p lot be put back on the home page? i liked being able to look at one page to see what everybody is talking about.

Monkeydad 06-27-2006 03:42 PM

[quote=mheisig]I apologize for the gross violation of Man Law. I think BSB's emotional posts in the Man Law thread just got me really examining myself an who I am and what's important. As I was writing in my diary earlier today I thought about how validated I feel as a man to have such an emotionally open group who is willing to discuss and grow on such issues and...::sniff:: I...::sniff:: dammit I told myself I wouldn't cry this time...[/quote]

Put the emphasis on "gross" too.