Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64777)

mredskins 12-27-2020 10:26 AM

Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Lets go WFT !

Please please please please just win.

rocnrik 12-27-2020 10:32 AM

Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

I hope they do ... I could see this going either way .. I think giants are winning out ... we need to win today ..

FrenchSkin 12-27-2020 10:50 AM

Today might be the biggest test facing a 4 and 10 team can ever be!

Not only for this team, but also for Rivera. If he can have this team focus and rally with Haskins at QB after this week's distraction, it'll be a HUGE testimony of how good of a leader this man is!

KI Skins Fan 12-27-2020 11:10 AM

It doesn't look like Alex Smith will be able to go today. So, this is probably a make or break game for Haskins. As of today, it may not be too late for Haskins to claim the starting QB job in 2021. But if he fails to get the win today, he's probably done here.

I can't imagine a situation where the team will be more prepared to give an all-out effort than in today's game. So, I think he'll get plenty of support from his teammates. Haskins needs to produce TODAY - no excuses. Otherwise, he'll be handed a one-way bus ticket out of town in the off-season.

In short, I think Haskins' play will be the deciding factor in this game. I hope he's ready to play his best game as a pro.

This has been on man's opinion.

MissouriSkin 12-27-2020 11:23 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1270024]I hope they do ... I could see this going either way .. I think giants are winning out ... we need to win today ..[/quote]

There is no way the Giants beat the Ravens today. The Ravens are a better team and need to win to stay in the playoffs. Of course it’s possible, but I don’t see it.

SFREDSKIN 12-27-2020 11:35 AM

I hope they use AGG a lot today. It’s official, Haskins is starting today.

PorkSkins 12-27-2020 11:36 AM

Is the playoffs having a baby? It's berth.

PorkSkins 12-27-2020 11:40 AM

[quote=MissouriSkin;1270028]There is no way the Giants beat the Ravens today. The Ravens are a better team and need to win to stay in the playoffs. Of course it’s possible, but I don’t see it.[/quote]

There's always a chance for any team in the league. But if I was betting, then there's no way I'd bet on the Giants winning today.

The Ravens are also fighting for their playoff lives, and they'll be keenly focused on the task at hand. Frankly, they're the better team and I see them winning today.

Chico23231 12-27-2020 11:45 AM

WFT Dwayne Haskins will start today vs. Carolina, per source.

Schefter

sdskinsfan2001 12-27-2020 11:52 AM

No Alex Smith and no McLaurin?

Defense is gonna need an effort like the 49ers game. Not necessarily the TDs, but limiting the points and forcing turnover(s).

Alex apparently suffered the worst calf injury of all times, if he still can't go, even in a game with so much on the line. Curious if the leg injury has affected the blood flow to the leg below the injury, which would increase recovery time.

PorkSkins 12-27-2020 12:01 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1270034]No Alex Smith and no McLaurin?

Defense is gonna need an effort like the 49ers game. Not necessarily the TDs, but limiting the points and forcing turnover(s).

Alex apparently suffered the worst calf injury of all times, if he still can't go, even in a game with so much on the line. Curious if the leg injury has affected the blood flow to the leg below the injury, which would increase recovery time.[/quote]

Gibson being back helps as he's a utility guy. If we get the Haskins from the latter part of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter in last week's game, then we'll win going away IMO.

SFREDSKIN 12-27-2020 12:04 PM

I’m curious to see how Haskins responds to this chance Rivera has gifted him. This is it for Haskins, make it or break it.

calia 12-27-2020 12:10 PM

If he can keep from turning the ball over, we should be ok. But that’s a big if. No staring down receivers. Better mechanics so as not to sail deep balls into the waiting arms of the other team’s FS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfan69 12-27-2020 12:24 PM

DH is such a fuckin bum. But we need him today and I will cheer for his sorry ass. All will be forgotten if he plays lights out. They need to start out the game in hurry up. Stop calling these pussy ass wr screens Scott.

SolidSnake84 12-27-2020 12:44 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1270034]No Alex Smith and no McLaurin?

Alex apparently suffered the worst calf injury of all times, if he still can't go, even in a game with so much on the line. Curious if the leg injury has affected the blood flow to the leg below the injury, which would increase recovery time.[/quote]

If I am not mistaken, in the "No. 11" project documentary on ESPN, they explained that Alex does not have a normal calf muscle like you or I, but rather they "made" him a calf muscle out of some other parts of his leg. I'm fairly certain that's why without his special brace, he cannot move his ankle because he doesn't have a normal calf muscle. He would have "drop foot" without the brace.

It has to be a bad injury, and I would wonder if Alex may retire in the offseason. His leg was not rolled up on or hit, nor did he plant his foot "weird" like what usually comes with these injuries, but it just seems to be "wear and tear" from playing this year. Hard to imagine him making a whole season with this issue. This could be it for him here.