Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RGIII cleared to start week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54016)

MTK 08-28-2013 09:19 AM

RGIII cleared to start week 1

A long road back but it's now official (like we didn't see it coming lol)

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
What Washington wanted: Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will start their Monday night opener against the Eagles.

Chico23231 08-28-2013 09:23 AM

Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Cant wait to see us dominate the Eagles

jdlea 08-28-2013 09:33 AM

It's impossible to overstate how impressed I am by this kid[SIZE="1"]; or the mancrush I have on him[/SIZE]

skinsfan69 08-28-2013 09:33 AM

Did anyone honestly think he wasn't going to play week one?

Skinzman 08-28-2013 09:33 AM

Did Dr. James Andrews say that, or is it just since their is a pretty good chance it will happen, that Schefter is just saying it to claim he broke the news?

CRedskinsRule 08-28-2013 09:35 AM

Exciting to see a healthy Griffin steering the offense. I think a lot of analysts are suddenly going to remember why he won ROY. Think it was easy to lose sight of his tangible skills when he was playing hurt.

Seriously high expectations for Monday Night!

:food-smil:food-smil:food-smil

Lotus 08-28-2013 09:38 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1020894]Did anyone honestly think he wasn't going to play week one?[/quote]

I was hoping that we'd start Pat White.

scowan 08-28-2013 09:38 AM

[quote=Skinzman;1020895]Did Dr. James Andrews say that, or is it just since their is a pretty good chance it will happen, that Schefter is just saying it to claim he broke the news?[/quote]

Yeah, I thought he wasn't going to be offically evaluated until the team and Dr. Andrews met in Tampa? Oh Well, its really just a formality anyway. We all know he is going to play on September the 9th and it will proabably be one of the highest rated ESPN regular season games watched of all time!

MTK 08-28-2013 09:46 AM

If Schefter is reporting it, it's official. The guy just doesn't say things to break news.

Chico23231 08-28-2013 09:47 AM

[quote=Lotus;1020897]I was hoping that we'd start Pat White.[/quote]

i think we are gonna flip P-Dub for a 1st after the induction to ring of fame ceremony

MTK 08-28-2013 09:54 AM

So... opinions on the will to win last night? I thought it was pretty good, seeing how much he went through in rehab I think there's no doubt he's good to go.

scowan 08-28-2013 09:55 AM

Some one who is in the know please tell me how Schefter finds these things out before the local beat reporters do? I have always wondered that. I mean what are guys like Rich Tandler and Tarik El Bashir doing? Have they just got their thumbs up their ***?

MTK 08-28-2013 09:56 AM

[quote=scowan;1020902]Some one who is in the know please tell me how Schefter finds these things out before the local beat reporters do? I have always wondered that. I mean what are guys like Rich Tandler and Tarik El Bashir doing? Have they just got their thumbs up their ***?[/quote]

For starters he's close with Shanahan, and his sources are probably much more extensive than the local guys.

Skinzman 08-28-2013 09:57 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020899]If Schefter is reporting it, it's official. The guy just doesn't say things to break news.[/quote]

Its only "official" if Dr. Andrews says it. We all expected it and the chances of him not being cleared are incredibly small. But a great chance of it happening does not constitute it being official.

scowan 08-28-2013 09:58 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020901]So... opinions on the will to win last night? I thought it was pretty good, seeing how much he went through in rehab I think there's no doubt he's good to go.[/quote]

My impression was just how driven he is. I honestly think it helps that he has gone through all of this before. He knew what to expect really. After watching so many guys from all the 32 teams lose guys in preseason to ACL injuries, I also started thinking as I was watching last night that everyone should wear knee braces on both knees. Your legs, and thier protection, are more important than a helmet at this point.