Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's project the 53 man roster (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64140)

MTK 07-26-2018 08:47 AM

Let's project the 53 man roster

Here's my entirely too early projection:

Offense
QB (3): Smith, McCoy, Hogan
RB (4): Guice, Thompson, Perine, Bibbs
WR (6): Doctson, Crowder, Richardson, Quick, Davis, Quinn
TE (3): Reed, Davis, Sprinkle
OL (8): Williams, Moses, Scherff, Nsehke, Christian, Lauvao, Roullier, Bergstrom

Total: 24

Defense:
DL (6): Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Settle, Lanier, Hood
LB (9): Kerrigan, Brown, Foster, Smith, Anderson, McPhee, Harvey-Clemons, Hamilton, Vigil
CB (6): Norman, Dunbar, Scandrick, Moreau, Stroman, Alexander
S (5): Swearinger, Nicholson, Everett, Smithson, Apke

Total: 26

Special Teams (3)
Hopkins, Way, Sundberg

Meks 07-26-2018 09:17 AM

Re: Let's project the 53 man roster

I like a few of your dark horse picks in Quinn and Bibbs

I dont think we keep 3 qbs, though. I mean I won't mind if we do but I think they use that roster spot to keep someone else.

MTK 07-26-2018 09:37 AM

I'm keeping Hogan because McCoy is a FA after this year, maybe he'll want to roll the dice elsewhere.

Depending on how things go this summer of course but Hogan could be worth keeping around to develop.

skinsfaninok 07-26-2018 09:44 AM

[quote=MTK;1196914]Here's my entirely too early projection:

Offense
OL (8): Williams, Moses, Scherff, Nsehke, Christian, Lauvao, Roullier, Bergstrom

Defense:
LB (9): Kerrigan, Brown, Foster, Smith, Anderson, McPhee, Harvey-Clemons, Hamilton, Vigil

Special Teams (3)
Hopkins, Way, Sundberg[/quote]

This is exactly how I see the depth chart come SEPT

SIDE NOTE: This is the most talented roster the Redskins have had since the 90's

Meks 07-26-2018 09:59 AM

[quote=MTK;1196916]I'm keeping Hogan because McCoy is a FA after this year, maybe he'll want to roll the dice elsewhere.

Depending on how things go this summer of course but Hogan could be worth keeping around to develop.[/quote]

I like Hogan and I like the prospect of developing him, just a matter of roster space i guess. Thats one position i think we might feel a squeeze

metalskins 07-26-2018 10:09 AM

What about midseason projections? :D

sdskinsfan2001 07-26-2018 10:24 AM

Offense

Defense:

Special Teams (3)

Were you able to bust out this list out of memory without looking at roster? Think you even spelled all the names right.

Chico23231 07-26-2018 10:44 AM

The coaches apperantly love that RB Bibbs. Interesting if they will keep him. From what Im hearing, Fat Rob vs Perine will be a battle. Im all for keeping Perine over Fat Rob.

MTK 07-26-2018 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1196922]Were you able to bust out this list out of memory without looking at roster? Think you even spelled all the names right.[/QUOTE]

I looked at the roster, I’m a little anal about spelling

Schneed10 07-26-2018 12:12 PM

Offense

Defense:

Special Teams (3)

Really great job.

I think the only thing I would change is that I'd say they keep 4 safeties, with Smithson on the practice squad, and they put either Stacey McGee or Phil Taylor on the roster as a 7th defensive lineman. I could be wrong though - the new kickoff rules may mean that they need to have a smaller overall lineup for kickoff coverage and hence the need for 11 DBs in total.

It's also possible one of the younger Guards beats out Bergstrom for the backup G/C position but that's too small a thing to even quibble about. I think you're right Bergstrom probably wins that one. He can play so many spots.

The 4th RB spot will be interesting. I think I agree with you - Fat Rob will lose out. Bibbs would be more valuable as a special teamer and they seem to like him.

Good stuff. Fun to think about.

sdskinsfan2001 07-26-2018 12:17 PM

[quote=MTK;1196931]I looked at the roster, I’m a little anal about spelling[/quote]

Ha, I'm the same say. Hate when I send an email at work and I spelled someone's name wrong.

Probably because I'm a guy and my name is Ashley and I get called Ms. all the time.

sdskinsfan2001 07-26-2018 12:20 PM

The roster seems set for like 50 of the 53 spots.

Do we keep 3 QBs? Who will be on the team in secondary? Hood or McGee?

I think those are the main spots with questions.

This is on basis of full health. This can change quickly.

MTK 07-26-2018 01:54 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1196934]Really great job.

I think the only thing I would change is that I'd say they keep 4 safeties, with Smithson on the practice squad, and they put either Stacey McGee or Phil Taylor on the roster as a 7th defensive lineman. I could be wrong though - the new kickoff rules may mean that they need to have a smaller overall lineup for kickoff coverage and hence the need for 11 DBs in total.

It's also possible one of the younger Guards beats out Bergstrom for the backup G/C position but that's too small a thing to even quibble about. I think you're right Bergstrom probably wins that one. He can play so many spots.

The 4th RB spot will be interesting. I think I agree with you - Fat Rob will lose out. Bibbs would be more valuable as a special teamer and they seem to like him.

Good stuff. Fun to think about.[/quote]

Yeah I could see keeping 7 DL and I also agree with keeping one less safety. I kept Bibbs over Kelley since he's a little more versatile. Perine and Kelley are similar banger types. Bibbs brings more to the table for 3rd downs with his receiving ability.

MTK 07-26-2018 02:03 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1196936]The roster seems set for like 50 of the 53 spots.

Do we keep 3 QBs? Who will be on the team in secondary? Hood or McGee?

I think those are the main spots with questions.

This is on basis of full health. This can change quickly.[/quote]

I was surprised at how easy it was to put together, there are a few minor spots up for grabs but really nothing major. And yes injuries can change the equation very quickly.

EdmundDorf 07-26-2018 03:01 PM

Looks good though 8 OL seems light after last year, especially as Christian is a rookie who needs developing and hoping to get a full season out of Lauvao seems optimistic to say the least....