Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Biggest Impact Player from Free Agency or NFL Draft this coming 2019 Season? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64377)

Chico23231 05-07-2019 10:15 AM

Biggest Impact Player from Free Agency or NFL Draft this coming 2019 Season?

Which new player is gonna make the biggest positive impact in this coming season?

Player I hope would be Haskins...it would be great to have an RG3 splash and lead the team towards a playoff run.

But I think Montez Sweat will come in and be a double digit sack guy for season and elevate the team towards at top 10 ranking. I think his impact will be greater than anyone else on the D.

Who you got...Rueben Foster, Sweat, a new Guard, Collins, WR, etc?

TheMalcolmConnection 05-07-2019 01:01 PM

Re: Biggest Impact Player from Free Agency or NFL Draft this coming 2019 Season?

This is based on absolutely nothing, but I think Reuben Foster will absolutely change our LB corps. That being said, I think he comes in, kills it for a few games, then gets in trouble again.

Out of our rookies, I think Harmon makes the biggest impact.

Chico23231 05-07-2019 01:14 PM

Re: Biggest Impact Player from Free Agency or NFL Draft this coming 2019 Season?

Damn...thought I put this in the right forum. My Bad ...shit

Giantone 05-07-2019 03:11 PM

.........Collins from FA and from the draft Sweat.

Buffalo Bob 05-08-2019 07:13 AM

Montez Sweat. He is going to make opposing quarterbacks miserable.

jamf 05-08-2019 11:19 AM

Its either going to be Terry McLaurin, Kate Upton, or Bernie Sanders since they show the ability to take a pounding.
Wait... Where am I?

Chico23231 05-08-2019 12:32 PM

Thanks for moving it..sorry for that

sevier2 05-08-2019 01:01 PM

I'd say Terry McLaurin.

Not because he's the most talented pickup this off-season, but because he's walking into one of our LEAST talented positions. He should stand out, if not take over/lead that group.

GridIron26 05-08-2019 01:12 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;1223437]This is based on absolutely nothing, but I think Reuben Foster will absolutely change our LB corps. That being said, I think he comes in, kills it for a few games, then gets in trouble again.

Out of our rookies, I think Harmon makes the biggest impact.[/quote]

I think Foster will make significant impact on our LB corp too. As for getting in trouble again, perhaps we should follow Jerry Jones' strategy with Dez - hire a babysitter for Foster to keep him out of trouble.

I have a feeling that Wes Martin will steal the LG spot during the season, which will end up becoming Redskins' biggest and yet unnoticed impact player.

sevier2 05-08-2019 01:16 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1223483]I think Foster will make significant impact on our LB corp too. As for getting in trouble again, perhaps we should follow Jerry Jones' strategy with Dez - hire a babysitter for Foster to keep him out of trouble.

I have a feeling that Wes Martin will steal the LG spot during the season, which will end up becoming Redskins' biggest and yet unnoticed impact player.[/quote]

I see Foster getting injured before he gets in trouble. Hopefully neither occurs.

And with Martin, I hope he comes in and takes the position in camp. Link up with Scherff, absorb everything you can and get ready to play. That position has been an issue for too long.

skinsfaninok 05-08-2019 01:31 PM

Haskins from the draft and Collins FA

Schneed10 05-08-2019 01:33 PM

Derrius Guice will make the single greatest impact of any player who didn't play for the Redskins last year, but of those drafted in 2019 or brought in via free agency, have to say Landon Collins.

Guice will be a monster.

AnonEmouse 05-08-2019 01:36 PM

I'm going with Sweat because of the benefit everyone else on the D should see from being able to apply pressure all across the line. Other LB's will be more comfortable in run support and will themselves have more chances to improve the pass rush as any O we face will have to scheme for at least 4 players applying pressure on every passing down (Sweat, Allen, Ionnidas and Kerrigan), plus with Payne in there on 1st and 2nd (and maybe 3rd down). Adding an LB on a blitz, and every OL we face will have the same issue - who do we account for? And that can only help the DB's.

I agree that McLaurin could have a big impact on a poor position, but I suspect we'll be a) run heavy and b) probably playing it conservative on passing, whichever QB plays. Regardless how he plays, if he doesn't get passes thrown to him, its going to be hard to shine. Hope I'm wrong, and I can see a scenario where Keenum is more Vikings version than Broncos version and lights it up.

skinsfaninok 05-08-2019 01:43 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1223486]Derrius Guice will make the single greatest impact of any player who didn't play for the Redskins last year, but of those drafted in 2019 or brought in via free agency, have to say Landon Collins.

Guice will be a monster.[/quote]

I'm with you, I'm 100% all in on 29

skinsfaninok 05-08-2019 01:45 PM

The next 4 years.

QB - Haskins
RBs - Guice , Love
WRs - Terry McLaurin , Trey Quinn and Harmon.

Looks pretty solid