Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome your Washington Commanders (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64980)

skinsfaninok 02-08-2022 12:46 PM

Re: Welcome your Washington Commanders

[quote=RobH4413;1310205]Anything would be better than Commanders. Been a lurker on the board (and longtime member / older poster)... but I've moved on to purpler pastures.

I think it was just the combination of the everything Sndyer has done for this team, as well as this name providing an opportunity for a clean break for me. Still love this fan base, but if I'm being honest, I'm done given Snyder my time and money.

Better fan experience in Baltimore, and I'm already and Orioles and Caps fan... so this just makes more sense now. I'll still lurk around on here, and probably passively route for the team... but I'm a Ravens fan until at least Snyder is gone.[/quote]

I bet you Washington will win a SB before BLT does

punch it in 02-08-2022 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1310214]I bet you Washington will win a SB before BLT does[/QUOTE]

I get the impression that it is Snyder, not necessarily the losing that is keeping him away. So i doubt that would matter. And I understand that - ive said before winning a SB would be so great but i think i would throw up watching that little prick holding the Lombardi trophy acting like he has been a success.

But i would just stop watching football all together before i rooted for some other team.

skinsfaninok 02-08-2022 12:53 PM

[quote=punch it in;1310215]I get the impression that it is Snyder, not necessarily the losing that is keeping him away. So i doubt that would matter. And I understand that - ive said before winning a SB would be so great but i think i would throw up watching that little prick holding the Lombardi trophy acting like he has been a success.

But i would just stop watching football all together before i rooted for some other team.[/quote]

Yeah I like the Bills since I lived there for a while but I'm a fan of 1 team and thats it. I can't leave now and honestly the name and jerseys are nice

Chico23231 02-08-2022 01:01 PM

[quote=RobH4413;1310205]Anything would be better than Commanders. Been a lurker on the board (and longtime member / older poster)... but I've moved on to purpler pastures.

I think it was just the combination of the everything Sndyer has done for this team, as well as this name providing an opportunity for a clean break for me. Still love this fan base, but if I'm being honest, I'm done given Snyder my time and money.

Better fan experience in Baltimore, and I'm already and Orioles and Caps fan... so this just makes more sense now. I'll still lurk around on here, and probably passively route for the team... but I'm a Ravens fan until at least Snyder is gone.[/quote]

Damn man, I always enjoy your posts. I get it tho

Summo 02-08-2022 02:07 PM

[quote=MTK;1310211]yeah that's the path I've gone in recent years, I've become more focused on baseball, can they just get a deal done already[/quote]

I consider myself a football fan first a Washington fan second, so when we suck I'm still vested in the sport. With that said I'm happy to see how appreciative the Cincy fan base is just to have a shot at a Lombardi.

It also goes to show you no matter how shitty any team is it can be turned around quickly which as Commanders fan is all we can hope happens.

Just my two cents, no judgement on anyone who handles it differently

Swarley 02-08-2022 02:41 PM

Really though, imagine picking a team to follow, and then they start shitting the bed for a decade-plus. Why subject yourself to the possibility? If I lose interest in Washington I just gain interest in the NFL as a league. It's oddly freeing when we get mathematically eliminated and I don't feel bad about watching another game/RedZone

wait, how does being a Caps fan fit into that?

MTK 02-08-2022 02:48 PM

I'm happy watching any NFL game. If tomorrow there was no team in DC I'd be fine just following the league in general.

mredskins 02-08-2022 03:05 PM

[quote=MTK;1310226]I'm happy watching any NFL game. If tomorrow there was no team in DC I'd be fine just following the league in general.[/quote]

Yeah but you don't live in the DC MD VA area, it suck to have no team to go watch.

mredskins 02-08-2022 03:07 PM

[quote=Swarley;1310225]Really though, imagine picking a team to follow, and then they start shitting the bed for a decade-plus. Why subject yourself to the possibility? If I lose interest in Washington I just gain interest in the NFL as a league. It's oddly freeing when we get mathematically eliminated and I don't feel bad about watching another game/RedZone

[B]wait, how does being a Caps fan fit into that?[/B][/quote]

I thought that but its pretty much Bmores hockey team once north of bmore its more flyers.

Swarley 02-08-2022 03:17 PM

Right but it's not more Bmores team than it is DC's. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of his "so this just makes more sense now" statement. Or I'm reading way too much into it lol

skinsfaninok 02-08-2022 03:29 PM

[quote=MTK;1310226]I'm happy watching any NFL game. If tomorrow there was no team in DC I'd be fine just following the league in general.[/quote]

Yeah I'm a fan of players all over the league

Redskins247 02-08-2022 04:36 PM

Me too...and I'd bet most on here feel the same. However, that little taste of what we got to experience back in 2012 with the team and RGIII reminded us that were old enough what it was like every season during the 80s when this team was always in contention...and I definitely miss that feeling when watching our games now. It was all about our game that week, and then everyone else's. Nowadays, if the Chiefs vs Bills is on same time as our game...some of us probably watch that game and just keep check on our score.

punch it in 02-08-2022 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1310226]I'm happy watching any NFL game. If tomorrow there was no team in DC I'd be fine just following the league in general.[/QUOTE]

Football is my favorite sport, but having a rooting interest just makes it so much better. That being said how many great games have I watched that didn’t involve Washington? I vividly remember watching the Chargers vs Dolphins epic battle with Kellen Winslow! Probably the greatest game I have ever seen.
As long as the Red Commander Football Team is around It’ll be my only team. If they did disband , well then I would probably root for someone else.
Funny cus it would be either Miami or the Chargers and has nothing to do with that game. Rams would be on the short list too.

JackLord 02-09-2022 06:58 AM

It all comes down to Snyder. If somebody else (a Rooney, Mara, MTK) owned the team and named it Commanders, I would have little problem cheering for them.

punch it in 02-09-2022 09:19 AM

Fuck Mara. Lol