Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chase Young to reserve/PUP list; out at least first four games (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=65041)

MTK 08-24-2022 10:29 AM

Chase Young to reserve/PUP list; out at least first four games

[URL="https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34447038/washington-commanders-move-chase-young-reserve-pup-list-de-least-first-4-games"]Washington Commanders move Chase Young to reserve/PUP list; DE out at least first four games[/URL]

No surprise here, I bet we won't see him on the field until closer to midseason

SunnySide 08-24-2022 11:56 AM

Re: Chase Young to reserve/PUP list; out at least first four games

I hope he takes as long as needed.

Young man, big career and achievements ahead of him.

MTK 08-24-2022 12:24 PM

@Schultz_Report

Full Chase Young update, per a source: ACL surgery was more significant than most because he also suffered a fully ruptured patella — which is why he’s starting out on reserve PUP.

Impressive all-around recovery: #Commanders plan for Young’s return Week 5 vs #Titans.

SunnySide 08-24-2022 12:54 PM

Ruptured patella?

Thats new info to me.

Must mean a ruptured patella tendon and not a fractured patella/knee cap.

skinsfaninok 08-24-2022 11:11 PM

So far he hasn’t lived up to the hype. If he doesn’t play much this year it’ll be time to call him a bust. Hopefully that’s not the case…

FrenchSkin 08-25-2022 12:13 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1320161]So far he hasn’t lived up to the hype. If he doesn’t play much this year [B]it’ll be time to call him a bust[/B]. Hopefully that’s not the case…[/quote]

That'll be unfairly fast IMO. One DROY season, one disappointing season and one potentially injured season and he'd be a bust? I'd say a second consecutive underwhelming season would be enough, but not if it's injury related.

mooby 08-25-2022 03:32 PM

[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/Commanders/comments/wxhlqm/expert_nfl_knee_surgeon_on_espn980_mentions_that/[/url]

This is interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was playing with an injury before he tore his ACL. Either way I won't expect him back until November - when do we ever get good news about long term injuries healing better than expected?

MTK 08-25-2022 03:35 PM

[quote=mooby;1320218][url]https://www.reddit.com/r/Commanders/comments/wxhlqm/expert_nfl_knee_surgeon_on_espn980_mentions_that/[/url]

This is interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was playing with an injury before he tore his ACL. Either way I won't expect him back until November - when do we ever get good news about long term injuries healing better than expected?[/quote]

Logan Thomas coming back was pretty good news

mooby 08-25-2022 03:47 PM

[quote=MTK;1320219]Logan Thomas coming back was pretty good news[/quote]

Even if he comes back quicker than expected he's kinda injury prone too - I will always worry about his health when he plays. How many concussions has he racked up?

calia 08-25-2022 07:47 PM

The pounding these guys take is really incredible. I just hope we can get through the season without anything major -- putting aside that it derails our season (because we don't have enough depth to weather a bunch of injuries), I just hate seeing what it does to these guys. Alex Smith lives in my town, and while I haven't seen him often, and I recognize that he played for a bunch of years, he's still a relatively young guy and he's been through hell and back.

skinsfaninok 08-26-2022 09:27 AM

I hope CY isn't the next JJ Watt where he's a huge asset but always hurt

sdskinsfan2001 08-26-2022 09:46 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1320244]I hope CY isn't the next JJ Watt where he's a huge asset but always hurt[/quote]

J.J. Watt is a hall of famer. I will take his production with a smile on my face.

skinsfaninok 08-26-2022 09:48 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1320247]J.J. Watt is a hall of famer. I will take his production with a smile on my face.[/quote]

Yeah but CY needs to be on the field first lol.. We'll see how he does this season. Lets hope its the Rookie CY

Ruhskins 08-26-2022 10:40 AM

[quote=mooby;1320220]Even if he comes back quicker than expected he's kinda injury prone too - I will always worry about his health when he plays. How many concussions has he racked up?[/quote]

Logan was taken out by a dirty play. I'd be concerned if he got hurt just running or cutting, but he was taken out by a low block during the Raiders game. I don't know how the guy that hit him didn't get fined or suspended. I don't think it was even called a penalty.

KI Skins Fan 08-26-2022 12:22 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1320161]So far he hasn’t lived up to the hype. [B]If he doesn’t play much this year it’ll be time to call him a bust.[/B] Hopefully that’s not the case…[/quote]

Respectfully, I call bullshit on the highlighted comment.