Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Dallas Cowboys are Awful (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=31206)

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 07:53 PM

The Dallas Cowboys are Awful

Not to overvalue a single game performance in the preseason, but oh man these guys are bad. First team offense was completely shut down by the Raiders' secondary. Romo and Witten are still a nice passing tandem and Felix Jones was impressive, but the first team run defense was terrible (gave up long runs to McFadden and JaMarcus Russell), and their second teamers were torn up by the legendary Bruce Gradkowski-Louis Murphy passing tandem.

Wade Phillips blew a gasket a least three different times.

On the other hand, the Raiders are young and talented. If they had a quarterback somewhere on their roster, they could be a playoff contender...

dmek25 08-14-2009 07:59 PM

Re: The Dallas Cowboys are Awful

their fans are probably saying the same about us :(

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 08:01 PM

[quote=dmek25;576113]their fans are probably saying the same about us :([/quote]I'm sure they are. But while neither team was blown out until the second half, it's not like we were self destructing with penalties on every play like they were. Trust me when I say that their kind of suck was on a completely different level than ours.

skinsfan69 08-14-2009 08:26 PM

Oakland was probably taking the game a lot more serious than Dallas was. I think Dallas is going to win somewhere around 8-10 games. They can still rush the passer as good as anyone in the NFL and Romo is still a pretty good QB. They're going to need some of their young wr's to step up. Their biggest problem is their secondary.

skinsfan_nn 08-14-2009 08:30 PM

[quote=dmek25;576113]their fans are probably saying the same about us :([/quote]

If I had to guess after the 23-0 embarrassing showing in crackmore, we don't have any room to talk about any team. If I recall they did at least put some points on the board, as did all the other teams that played last night, except well.......

I'm sure there RETARDED fans are saying the same, no doubt!

But here's to the cowpukes finishing last in the NFC East!

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 08:32 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;576119]Oakland was probably taking the game a lot more serious than Dallas was. I think Dallas is going to win somewhere around 8-10 games. They can still rush the passer as good as anyone in the NFL and Romo is still a pretty good QB. They're going to need some of their young wr's to step up. Their biggest problem is their secondary.[/quote]Judging only by Wade, it's obvious he wanted to go out there and make a statement early. He was hot from the first play.

Romo did throw a touchdown in this one, to Witten against a questionable defensive call, but you touched on this: Romo has never, ever been the problem when this team. The times he's broken down, it's been because he's fallen victim to teamwide collapses. The passing game looked way slower than I remember it, and though they certainly have weapons, their offensive line is way worse than ours is right now.

Not to mention that their defense is a bad joke. I don't know exactly how much of this is an improved Raider squad, but it's the offseason moves that they've been credited for: removing Owens, signing Sensabaugh, and trading Henry for Jon Kitna, that were the most obviously terrible area's on the team.

Lotus 08-14-2009 08:48 PM

I agree GTripp. Dallas looked bad.

The Dallas offensive line is older and more injury prone than ours. Although TO is a nightmare to deal with, when they let him go they downgraded at WR. The secondary is a mess and the DL is nothing to write home about outside of Ratliff.

I think the Cowboys will win 6-8 games this year, fire Wade, and hire Shanahan.

skindeep 08-14-2009 09:00 PM

I watched the Dallas game last nite around 8 cowhoez last night.And they kept going on and on about Romo and Witten all year baby. Just cause of one weak ass TD. I say screw Dallas and there "Donkey Show"!

I did take shower to wash that seafood smell off of me,I couldn't have my Burgandy and Gold sheets smelling like fish maybe if it was Jessica Simpson that be something else.

Pocket$ $traight 08-14-2009 09:04 PM

Unfortunately there are a lot of similarities between our two franchises...

That being said, my initial thought was that Washington would end up better than Dallas but if we end up 3rd and out of the playoffs and they are 4th in the division, the year is still a failure.

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 09:07 PM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;576128]Unfortunately there are a lot of similarities between our two franchises...

That being said, my initial thought was that Washington would end up better than Dallas but if we end up 3rd and out of the playoffs and they are 4th in the division, the year is still a failure.[/quote]True 'dat.

This team can end up anywhere between 7-9 and 11-5, but if we're on the lower end of that range, it's a disappointment.

53Fan 08-14-2009 09:17 PM

[quote=Lotus;576124]I agree GTripp. Dallas looked bad.

[B]The Dallas offensive line is older and more injury prone than ours.[/B] Although TO is a nightmare to deal with, when they let him go they downgraded at WR. The secondary is a mess and the DL is nothing to write home about outside of Ratliff.

I think the Cowboys will win 6-8 games this year, fire Wade, and hire Shanahan.[/quote]

I believe Lotus has been saying this for a couple of months now. Apparently he knew what he was talking about. Isn't Wade running the defense now? Was there any contribution from Roy Williams GTripp or did he play? Do they just look out of sync or what?

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 09:23 PM

[quote=53Fan;576131]I believe Lotus has been saying this for a couple of months now. Apparently he knew what he was talking about. Isn't Wade running the defense now? Was there any contribution from Roy Williams GTripp or did he play? Do they just look out of sync or what?[/quote]He got targeted three times. Twice, Nnamdi Asomugha was blanketing him and he didn't get close to the pass. Then on the next drive, after the Raiders defense pulled their ones (Dallas' first offense scored against the Raiders two's), he caught a well-thrown 15 yard out route from Romo in decent coverage on third down.

I didn't look at the post game numbers, but I think that was his only catch.

Passing game looks slow and methodical. Romo still moves very well in the pocket despite having less time, but [B]unlike with T.O. it doesn't seem like he's as confident that there will be somewhere to throw the ball if he buys enough time.[/B]

^^^probable attribution error.

53Fan 08-14-2009 09:27 PM

They must have the most over-rated defense in the league.

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 09:29 PM

[quote=53Fan;576134]They must have the most over-rated defense in the league.[/quote]DeMarcus Ware was held in check by Mario Henderson with little help. Looked like he wasn't trying all that hard out there, which means he's in mid December form already.

53Fan 08-14-2009 09:47 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;576135]DeMarcus Ware was held in check by Mario Henderson with little help. [B]Looked like he wasn't trying all that hard out there, which means he's in mid December form already[/B].[/quote]

:laughing2

jsarno 08-14-2009 09:56 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;576112]Not to overvalue a single game performance in the preseason, but oh man these guys are bad. First team offense was completely shut down by the Raiders' secondary. Romo and Witten are still a nice passing tandem and Felix Jones was impressive, but the first team run defense was terrible (gave up long runs to McFadden and JaMarcus Russell), and their second teamers were torn up by the legendary Bruce Gradkowski-Louis Murphy passing tandem.

On the other hand, the Raiders are young and talented. If they had a quarterback somewhere on their roster, they could be a playoff contender...[/quote]

#1- It's preseason.
#2- Did you see OUR performance?
#3- It's the PRESEASON!

Did I mention it's only the preseason?

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 10:01 PM

I coincidentally just realized it was the preseason. Scratch all of my previous observations.

jsarno 08-14-2009 10:03 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;576143]I coincidentally just realized it was the preseason. Scratch all of my previous observations.[/quote]

LOL.
We do this every year...it really means nothing until the season starts. Didn't we discuss this same thing last year and the year before, and the year before?

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 10:10 PM

[quote=jsarno;576144]LOL.
We do this every year...it really means nothing until the season starts. Didn't we discuss this same thing last year and the year before, and the year before?[/quote]I'm not worried about our performance in the preseason games, obviously. If you look at the two TD's we gave up, one was a :50 drive that could not have materialized if even one of the completions went wrong, and the other occurred against the third and fourth teamers, which is completely irrelevant.

We were beaten very soundly yesterday in all facets of the game, but that's exactly the kind of thing that will be forgotten thanks to the preseason. The fact that we scored 0 points is not at all indicting of our offense.

Saying that you can't get [I]anything[/I] out of the preseason is obviously a terrible oversimplification. It's a wide blanket statement that needs to be self-justifying because it obviously can't be defended. If any of us even get enjoyment of watching preseason games, it would invalidate the statement.

dmek25 08-14-2009 10:18 PM

to simplify, their suckage was worse then our suckage. gotcha

GTripp0012 08-14-2009 10:18 PM

Yeah, what dmek said!

53Fan 08-14-2009 10:30 PM

After a Redskin loss, a Dallas loss always makes me feel a little better, preseason or not.

Lotus 08-14-2009 10:31 PM

[quote=dmek25;576148]to simplify, their suckage was worse then our suckage. gotcha[/quote]

And, unlike our suckage, I think theirs is more long-term. To what I said before I would add that they have shaky depth at WR, at most OL positions, at NT, at LB, and at corner. Looking beyond the preseason, if they are hit by an injury bug, they might be toast, especially if that bug hits the likes of Adams, Gurode, Ratliff, Ware, or Newman.

53Fan 08-14-2009 10:38 PM

[quote=Lotus;576151]And, unlike our suckage, I think theirs is more long-term. To what I said before I would add that they have shaky depth at WR, at most OL positions, at NT, at LB, and at corner. Looking beyond the preseason, if they are hit by an injury bug, they might be toast, especially if that bug hits the likes of Adams, Gurode, Ratliff, Ware, or [B]Newman[/B].[/quote]

You can place money on Newman getting hurt.

skinsfaninok 08-14-2009 11:34 PM

Preseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus 08-14-2009 11:36 PM

[quote=53Fan;576154]You can place money on Newman getting hurt.[/quote]

Yup. The only question is for how long.

an23dy 08-15-2009 12:35 AM

[quote=Lotus;576124]I agree GTripp. Dallas looked bad.

The Dallas offensive line is older and more injury prone than ours. Although TO is a nightmare to deal with, when they let him go they downgraded at WR. The secondary is a mess and the DL is nothing to write home about outside of Ratliff.
[B]
I think the Cowboys will win 6-8 games this year, fire Wade, and hire Shanahan.[/B][/quote]

That same quote has definitey been said about the Redskins other places on this board.

Ruhskins 08-15-2009 01:33 AM

[quote=an23dy;576172]That same quote has definitey been said about the Redskins other places on this board.[/quote]

True, but Wade Phillips has already been thrown under the bus by JJ when he (JJ) gave Garrett a lot of $$ to stay as offensive coordinator. Even if the Cowboys go 1 and done in the playoffs, Wade Phillips will not return.

#56fanatic 08-15-2009 08:20 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;576112]Not to overvalue a single game performance in the preseason, but oh man these guys are bad. First team offense was completely shut down by the Raiders' secondary. Romo and Witten are still a nice passing tandem and Felix Jones was impressive, but the first team run defense was terrible (gave up long runs to McFadden and JaMarcus Russell), and their second teamers were torn up by the legendary Bruce Gradkowski-Louis Murphy passing tandem.

On the other hand, the Raiders are young and talented. If they had a quarterback somewhere on their roster, they could be a playoff contender...[/quote]

you have got to be kidding right? 1st preseason game, and your calling the cowboys horrible. If I remember the patriots, colts, eagles and even our skins back in the day looked pretty damn bad in the preseason and played well and a few of the formentioned won the superbowl. So seriously..ease up on calling teams bad after one preseason game, thats just stupid

GTripp0012 08-15-2009 08:31 AM

[quote=#56fanatic;576214]you have got to be kidding right? 1st preseason game, and your calling the cowboys horrible. If I remember the patriots, colts, eagles and even our skins back in the day looked pretty damn bad in the preseason and played well and a few of the formentioned won the superbowl. So seriously..ease up on calling teams bad after one preseason game, thats just stupid[/quote]Why you gotta be pissin' in my Cheerios?

Pocket$ $traight 08-15-2009 08:54 AM

[quote=#56fanatic;576214]you have got to be kidding right? 1st preseason game, and your calling the cowboys horrible. If I remember the patriots, colts, eagles and even our skins back in the day looked pretty damn bad in the preseason and played well and a few of the formentioned won the superbowl. So seriously..ease up on calling teams bad after one preseason game, thats just stupid[/quote]

I expect Dallas to be worse this year. Their line is suspect and they got rid of their best receiver. Wade is under a lot of pressure and Jones is more worried about selling seats than football right now.

johno 08-15-2009 09:01 AM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;576226]I expect Dallas to be worse this year. Their line is suspect and they got rid of their best receiver. Wade is under a lot of pressure and Jones is more worried about selling seats than football right now.[/quote]

good call pocket. getting rid of a guy that pulled down 10 touchdowns last year is never a good thing, and as for jj, seats and 90 dollar pizzas are his main concern. what an ass.

skindeep 08-15-2009 09:59 AM

I dont know if ya'll heard,but j.jones is selling stand up only tickets (party passes) for 30 dollars. So he is going to get all the broke pistol packer in there.

Lotus 08-15-2009 10:24 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;576184]True, but Wade Phillips has already been thrown under the bus by JJ when he (JJ) gave Garrett a lot of $$ to stay as offensive coordinator. [B]Even if the Cowboys go 1 and done in the playoffs[/B], Wade Phillips will not return.[/quote]

If the Cowboys are one and done in the playoffs, they will set an NFL record for most consecutive playoff games lost, with seven.

over the mountain 08-15-2009 10:26 AM

the warpath has me confused.

- the cowboys are horrible and are going to stay horrible this year b/c of their first preseason game in which their 1st team O scored a td while us being shut out isnt an indication that our O problems last year wont materalize again this year?

- jamarcus russell is not an nfl qb and youve already written him off despite him having less years in the league, less starts and even more turmoil than JC who you think is an nfl qb?

- jerry jones is an ass b/c he tries to sell tickets and charge 90 bucks for pizza but dan snyder isnt an ass for doing those expensive club level seats to cater to corporate suits instead of real skins fans, adding front rows in front of row 1, charging for training camp admission, not having a decent jumbotron, etc?

- getting rid of TO wasnt a good move but getting TO in the first place wasnt a good move either?

- is this a joke thread??

go skins!!

53Fan 08-15-2009 10:32 AM

You just have to go and be sensible don't you Mountain? What a downer man. :)

GTripp0012 08-15-2009 10:35 AM

[quote=over the mountain;576261]the warpath has me confused.

- the cowboys are horrible and are going to stay horrible this year b/c of their first preseason game in which their 1st team O scored a td while us being shut out isnt an indication that our O problems last year wont materalize again this year?

- jamarcus russell is not an nfl qb and youve already written him off despite him having less years in the league, less starts and even more turmoil than JC who you think is an nfl qb?

- jerry jones is an ass b/c he tries to sell tickets and charge 90 bucks for pizza but dan snyder isnt an ass for doing those expensive club level seats to cater to corporate suits instead of real skins fans, adding front rows in front of row 1, charging for training camp admission, not having a decent jumbotron, etc?

- getting rid of TO wasnt a good move but getting TO in the first place wasnt a good move either?

- is this a joke thread??

go skins!![/quote]This is not a joke thread, it's a fun thread. If you're not going to pay attention, it would make sense that you are confused.

With that said, the comparisons to our 0 point job in Baltimore are completely irrelevant here. This is about the Cowboys being a terrible team, which this year's version more or less is. It wasn't intended to debate the merits of us vs. them, although, certainly that could be done.

Chico23231 08-15-2009 10:47 AM

I dont think it is a joke, Dallas is really that bad. They have similar O-line issues as us but not as bad with age and health, but overall they have some talent on offense and will be a solid unit this year. The one thing that stands out is how over rated there D is. D. Ware is a standout and a monster, but that is the only thing they got. They have some major issues at corner and T. Newman is completely overrated. K. Hamlin at safety is overrated as well. Pro bowler my ass. I expect the Dallas D to have MAJOR issues this year. I watch Dallas games as much as the Skins because being a general sports fan I love to root against teams as much as root for. And Ive seen a major drop off on there Deffense. Yankees, Cowboys, Kurt Busch in Nascar, the Lakers....its just as great to see these guys lose as to see my teams win sometimes...Now I want to make the playoffs, but if we dont, I want to see the Skins sweep these overrated bastards in Dallas

over the mountain 08-15-2009 10:53 AM

i heard roy williams suffers from a contagious form of depression.

GTripp0012 08-15-2009 10:55 AM

[quote=over the mountain;576270]i heard roy williams suffers from a contagious form of depression.[/quote]That's the spirit!