Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pats will lose because... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21221)

Hail2theskins 12-05-2007 12:59 AM

Re: Pats will lose because...

I called a long time ago, when the pats were like 6 or 7 and 0 that they would lose in the first round of the playoffs and i still think they will. people were calling me crazy then, we'll see who the crazy one is come january.

Beat to a Pulp 12-05-2007 01:29 AM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;388759]This is the big point I think.

With the weather as the great equalizer, what makes NE's homefield advantage in the playoffs a good thing? Peyton is more than capable of outplaying Brady in the conditions, and right now Garrard may be hotter than either of them.[/QUOTE]

How long have you been watching the Pats? Brady has owned Manning several times in rough conditions. Brady has played and won several games in the roughest conditions. But those were the days of David Givens, Branch, Christian Fauria, Daniel Graham, David Patten, etc. Those were long standing pats that were used to cold weather.

The new recieving corps of Brady came from warm weather teams. If weather is going to be a factor, Brady is the least you should be worried about.

bertoskins2 12-05-2007 01:34 AM

I am hoping that brady will get a serious injury. so that pats will boast no more.

hooskins 12-05-2007 02:15 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;388645]Congrats on your graduation from 12th's school of thread starting...[/quote]

lol you reputation for that post...

skinsfan69 12-05-2007 10:36 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;388759]This is the big point I think.

With the weather as the great equalizer, what makes NE's homefield advantage in the playoffs a good thing? Peyton is more than capable of outplaying Brady in the conditions, and right now Garrard may be hotter than either of them.[/quote]

Peyton Manning has gotten his ass kicked in the playoffs playing at NE. Meanwhile Brady has won playing in bad weather his whole career. Now he has Moss Welker and Stallworth playing at a high level? No one is going to beat NE at NE in the playoffs. Especially Indy or Jack.

BDBohnzie 12-05-2007 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=The Zimmermans;388628]3.) No established run game. The Pats could have taken control of the game with more runs on the Goal line during the first drive.[/QUOTE]
I think this more than anything else is going to hurt them, if anything hurts them at all. Injuries have killed their run game, with Maroney missing several games and Morris being out for the year after emerging as a bonafide #1. Faulk is nothing more than a 3rd down back. This is the missing piece of this team being a complete juggernaut.

If Brady has a bad game, the Pats will suffer because they don't have anyone who can carry the ball effectively 20+ times.

firstdown 12-05-2007 12:03 PM

[quote=bertoskins2;389036]I am hoping that brady will get a serious injury. so that pats will boast no more.[/quote]
Wow, never seen so many jealous people.

skinsfan69 12-05-2007 02:22 PM

[quote=The Zimmermans;388628]Here are the factors that will lead to a Patriots Loss at some point this season....being it regular season or playoffs.

1.) Patriots, although in New England are a warm weather team. How many big drops did they have last night due to the cold weather and winds?

2.) Bill Belichick's arrogance. He is extremely impatient with his offense and his lack of conservatism will cost him on the road one of these weeks.

3.) No established run game. The Pats could have taken control of the game with more runs on the Goal line during the first drive.

4.) Injuries. The Pats have had only one legitimate injury (Colvin), the injuries will come...and probably at the worst possible time.

5.) The Pittsburgh Steelers. This team will fight till the utter end at home in bad conditions.

6.) Clinch the #1 seed. Pats will clinch homefield and have much less to play for.

PS The Ravens (although I hate them) really showed a lot of heart last night. Ray Ray, Willis, and Ed played unbelievable games as they were honoring #21. They were obviously very heartbroken with the way the redskins couldnt pull out a victory for Sean. They took it upon themselves to do JUST THAT...and the referees and Raven's coaches defeated them in the end...just sickening.

But your thoughts on the pat's undefeated chances.[/quote]

1. The Pats win in cold weather all the time. They won at Pittsburgh a few years ago and it was cold as hell.

2. BB isn't impatient. He is just confident in his offense. wouldn't you be if The Skins were putting up the numbers they were?

3. The Pats can run it if they want to. They just don't care to.

4. Since when can you predict the future? Plus The Pats have quality depth.

5. I'm sure they will fight. But they lost to The Jets and almost lost to a winless Miami team AT HOME. Pittsburgh can't touch The Pats.

6. You might be right here. But I doubt it. BB isn't going to rest anyone. He's trying to prove a point this year.

The Refs had nothing to do with the Balt. losing. Although I was rooting for Balt. they self destructed and they beat themselves with stupid coaching. The call on Watson was a good call. You can't touch the wr after 5 yards. I've seen worse calls then that.

skinsfan69 12-05-2007 02:24 PM

[quote=bertoskins2;389036]I am hoping that brady will get a serious injury. so that pats will boast no more.[/quote]

You really show a lot of class wishing an injury on someone.

Vulta121 12-05-2007 02:34 PM

Guys I love the Skins. But I love seeing greatness and I'm rooting for it. What we are witnessing is absolute greatness. No doubt about it. What ever the spread is on the Steelers game they will cover. They played two tight ones and they pulled the games out. They showed they can win on the road in a tough environment. They are going to be pumped for this game. They'll dominate. And win big. And then its easy sailing until the playoffs.

The crazy things people are saying here in Miami is the Dolphins are going to upset them in New England. Now obviously this won't happen, but can you imagine if it does?!?!?!

The Zimmermans 12-07-2007 01:40 PM

Everyone here is basing what they are gonna do this year on what they did in previous years. You cannot do that in today's NFL. They have a new receiving core, inexperienced running backs (besides faulk). And they throw the ball too much....yes they do. They almost lost to the eagles cause they refused to establish the run game (it takes patience to establish the run game), which belichik doesnt have when he's trying to prove himself week in and week out to the media and fans. And to say the cold weather didnt affect stallworth, moss, and welker means you didnt watch the game closely. But everyone had good points.

SteelandSkin 12-07-2007 07:10 PM

Thanks for those who support us.

And come on, those of you who are doubting the Steelers, wouldn't you love to see another team beat the Patriots such as the Steelers especially since the Patriots beat you already to?

skinsfan69 12-08-2007 02:34 AM

[quote=The Zimmermans;390784]Everyone here is basing what they are gonna do this year on what they did in previous years. You cannot do that in today's NFL. They have a new receiving core, inexperienced running backs (besides faulk). And they throw the ball too much....yes they do. They almost lost to the eagles cause they refused to establish the run game (it takes patience to establish the run game), which belichik doesnt have when he's trying to prove himself week in and week out to the media and fans. And to say the cold weather didnt affect stallworth, moss, and welker means you didnt watch the game closely. But everyone had good points.[/quote]

Yes they have inexperienced rb's, yes they throw too much, yes they don't care about the run. And they are still 13-0.

skinsguy 12-08-2007 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;388633]Regarding #2 Belichick doesn't call the offense and I really don't think he has much to do with that side of the ball at all.

I would LOVE to see them go undefeated in the regular season but lose in the playoffs. That would be a perfect scenario to me. What would sting more than that?![/QUOTE]

I was about to post the very same thing. I actually want them to go undefeated in the regular season, just so it can all be in vein when they lose their one and only playoff appearance. It would be even more sweeter to see them lose in their own stadium as well.

SouperMeister 12-08-2007 01:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;388633]Regarding #2 Belichick doesn't call the offense and I really don't think he has much to do with that side of the ball at all.

[B]I would LOVE to see them go undefeated in the regular season but lose in the playoffs.[/B] That would be a perfect scenario to me. What would sting more than that?![/quote]That would be much better than losing in the regular season. Wouldn't it be perfect karma if the Pats got a howling blizzard for a home playoff game, taking away their passing attack, and they couldn't run the ball effectively because they were so concerned with passing the ball and running up the score earlier in the season. The Ravens stuffing them on short yardage runs, exposed a weakness IMO.