Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins WR 2018- Do we have the talent already on the roster? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64081)

diehardskin2982 02-14-2018 05:25 PM

Redskins WR 2018- Do we have the talent already on the roster?

What do you think about our current WR group? I know many of us want to say automatically that an upgrade is needed, the question is who? What is that missing ingredient?

IMO: We are missing a speed guy, but I don't think the group needs a complete overhaul or big money spent. I would like to see the guy's here get development and playing time. I also think KC style of play hurt the group

Current Roster:

Jamison Crowder- The ideal slot receiver, he had injury issues the majority of this season. I also think he was game planned for much more this season.

Josh Doctson- I think we put him in the #1 spot, a little too soon because of the demise of Pryor. He is talented, has an excellent catch radius, and can get himself open on routes.

Ryan Grant- Gruden's favorite. Plays all three WR positions has a good catch radius. No speed.

Maurice Harris- Has good size and can make the spectacular catch. Not a lot of speed, but has some ability to get separation.

Robert Davis- The development player has size, can catch, has decent foot quickness for his size and should be able to see results. Needed to work on route running to the next level. Able to go up and make athletic, twisting adjustments in mid-air to pull in errant passes. I believe he should get more playing time this season.

We need to draft someone with elite speed. I don't think we should go after a free agent. A few players come to mind...

DANTE PETTIS
D.J. Clark
D. J. Moore
Deon Cain
J'mon Moore

what are your thoughts?

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-14-2018 05:55 PM

Re: Redskins WR 2018- Do we have the talent already on the roster?

To answer the question of the thread. No we do not have the talent. Not at all

Irrefutable 02-14-2018 06:05 PM

Ryan Grant is NOT on the roster, he is a free agent

Dan73 02-14-2018 06:17 PM

I kind of hope we keep Pryor and he connects with Smith.

He has good top speed.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 02-14-2018 06:29 PM

1. Draft or sign a potential # 1 WR
2. Doctson
3. Crowder
4. Resign Ryan Grant
5. Let Davis/Harris battle it out for # 5

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-14-2018 06:52 PM

[quote=Dan73;1188508][B]I kind of hope we keep Pryor and he connects with Smith.[/B]

He has good top speed.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk[/quote]

I would rather eat dog food

MTK 02-14-2018 08:32 PM

We need a significant acquisition at WR, no question

DYoungJelly 02-14-2018 10:30 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1188506]To answer the question of the thread. No we do not have the talent. Not at all[/quote]

Agree. Time to close thread.

Schneed10 02-14-2018 10:37 PM

Hahahahahahahaha this thread

skinsfaninok 02-15-2018 09:24 AM

Bro were you high when making this? JK man but no way are we ok at WR

skinsfan69 02-15-2018 09:52 AM

Here comes the off season!

mooby 02-15-2018 10:56 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1188510]I would rather eat dog food[/quote]

I'd rather see Trump go back to back than rely on Pryor for anything next year. He needs to be put on the curb.

MTK 02-15-2018 11:09 AM

Get the F outta here with Pryor, I don’t know how anyone could want him back after the complete disaster he was last year

diehardskin2982 02-15-2018 11:34 AM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1188516]Agree. Time to close thread.[/quote]

Before you attempt to trash the thread, bring a solution. You're showing, right now, to me that you absolutely have no answers. Are you just a group of trolls and malcontents with no suggestions? Play Arm-Chair GM. That is the point of this thread.

Who specifically would you get? We know who is on the free agent market, or might be, we know who is in the draft.. or ... more than likely you don't have a clue!

Tell us, who would you target as a #1 receiver in the draft, especially when most of you want to draft a NT in the first round? How will we get this mythical unicorn receiver? Do you have an idea of who is the best fit for the skins? Please, get beyond the surface bulls*it and present a logical solution. Maybe add a video of a player we can get excited about.

All you Kirkhive people, I believe the combination of QB play and coaching made this wideout group look a lot worse than they actually are... Tell me, with real facts, why I am wrong. Look at the attempted targets for Harris, Davis, or Brian Quick. They never got a chance to truly prove their gameday skills.

Thus there is a specific reason for discussion about this skill group.

CRedskinsRule 02-15-2018 11:46 AM

[quote=mooby;1188542]I'd rather see Trump go back to back than rely on Pryor for anything next year. He needs to be put on the curb.[/quote]

Come to the Trump side mooby! :devil:

and now back the Debating with Enemies forum with that stuff!