Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Week 1: Let's Go!!!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64673)

sdskinsfan2001 09-07-2020 12:11 PM

Week 1: Let's Go!!!!

Put your gameday predictions here or anything you'd like to see or hope to see.

I'm excited to see if Gibson gets 100+ yards from scrimmage.

So glad I live in a condo complex this year, I can get Sunday Ticket 2 Go. Don't want to try to go out to watch the games. Gonna end up saving a ton of money this season.

WFT 17 - Eagles 13. Rivera starts a streak of actually winning in week 1.

skinsfaninok 09-07-2020 01:12 PM

Re: Week 1: Let's Go!!!!

If we win this game, Give RR an extension asap

skinsfaninok 09-07-2020 01:55 PM

The Eagles have won 6 straight against us, hopefully that changes Sunday

Meks 09-07-2020 01:59 PM

Our team will REALLY be hurt by no preseason games. Don't expect anything different - fall behind early and scrape back but lose

24-30

calia 09-07-2020 02:27 PM

Week 1: Let's Go!!!!

WFT 32. Eagles 12

Young knocks Wentz out in the second play of the game, and their #2 isn’t close to ready. Our line stuffs the run all day and we win the field position battle. Sims, McLovin, and AG all find the end zone, we are 3-3 on short FGs, and Sweat records his first safety. I immediately call my mother-in-law who is an Eagles fan and gloat.

Doesn’t hurt to dream. I actually think that if we can protect Haskins, we will at least keep it close. Their O line weakness should be exposed pretty quickly. The real question is whether our offense can move the ball. Could be a low scoring 17-14 kind of game. Without preseason games, so hard to predict. But the optimist in me says we win a close one to usher in a new era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pervis_Griffith 09-07-2020 04:59 PM

Bill Burr sums up my feelings about Philly and their fans quite nicely .... If you don't mind some coarse language, and have 10 minutes to spare, I recommend a listen.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=hs07uWsebYw&feature=emb_logo[/url]

As far as the game goes ....

Chase Young and Montez Sweat make life miserable for Carson Wentz.

McLaurin and Gibson do enough. And Geron Christian surprises with more than a competant outing.

Skins win (Oops) ... I mean ... Football Team wins 23 - 13.

AnonEmouse 09-07-2020 05:13 PM

Defense usually starts stronger than O even with a preseason. So I'm going with our DL wreaking havoc enough to keep their O on the back foot and keeping them under 20. O leans on the run, misdirection and screens with a few deep shots. Scary gets on the end of one of the latter. Tight but WFT scrape by 20-19.

OmahaRedskins 09-07-2020 06:22 PM

18 - 15 Eagles. WTF has several sacks and a late turn over ends their chances.

punch it in 09-07-2020 06:23 PM

Total rebuild year. This team will be lucky to win 6 games. This won’t be one of them. Id just like to see growth at some key positions namely quarterback.
If we can have one more offseason with Haskins locked in as the clear cut quarterback of the future than this season was a success.

Chico23231 09-07-2020 07:05 PM

Eagles jump out, but too much Riverboat Ron in the end. We open with a win.

Skins 30
Eagles 23

Have some faith

skinsfan69 09-07-2020 07:49 PM

i don't see a win here. o-line struggles. i expect some turnovers. but i really don't care. the youth movement is officially here and i love it.

and i really like our head coach. he just comes off as a mans man. no bullshit or drama with this guy. doesn't mean he's going to win but at least we have a real leader at the helm.

rocnrik 09-07-2020 08:34 PM

Strange but with all that’s going on I won’t be nearly as upset if we lose .. I’ll say eagles 27 Washington (that plays in Maryland) football team ex- redskins 14 points .. and the d scores 6 ...

skinsfaninok 09-07-2020 09:02 PM

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhWoFFUXgAEDvR5?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

SFREDSKIN 09-07-2020 09:27 PM

Redskins defense dominates and wins.

JoeRedskin 09-07-2020 10:19 PM

24 - 14 WFT

Skins D dominates. D.O.M.I.N.A.T.E.S.
Del Rio has them running through walls.

The offense takes advantage of turnovers (four by the Eagles) and does enough.
Haskins has a good (not great) day.
McLaurin and Gibson 100 yards from scrimmage each.

I am officially back in my Burgundy and Gold glasses. For all of the shit during the offseason, Rivera, Del Rio and Turner will have this team as prepped and ready to go as they can.

Wentz is in for a very long day and is going to put the ball on the ground a couple times.