Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Vs. Vikings in Monday Night Doubleheader (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11795)

dirthogs311 03-27-2006 01:54 PM

Redskins Vs. Vikings in Monday Night Doubleheader

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2386175"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2386175[/URL]

[URL="http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=16127"]http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=16127[/URL]

ArtMonkDrillz 03-27-2006 01:57 PM

Re: Redskins Vs. Vikings in Monday Night Doubleheader

[I]The first-ever tripleheader on Thanksgiving. The Dolphins will visit the Lions in the early game (CBS), followed by the Buccaneers at the Cowboys (FOX) and capped off by the Broncos at the Chiefs (NFL Network).[/I]

I could have sworn that I heard we were playing Big-D(bags) on Thanksgiving night this year. Maybe I just lost too many brain cells this weekend.

MTK 03-27-2006 01:58 PM

MNF doubleheader... I love it!

BrudLee 03-27-2006 02:05 PM

Very fast, I thought I'd beat you to it.

Looks like I'm working a half-day that day!

That Guy 03-27-2006 02:21 PM

i'll be able to watch 5 full games in 2 days... holy crap. and 3 on T-day...
I'm always a fan of more games ;)

MonkFan4Life 03-27-2006 02:27 PM

Well at least that gives me time to get to Aruba for my honeymoon. I was REALLY concerned that I would be on a plane while the game was on Sunday afternoon. Now I have Monday Night ! WHOO HOO, THANK YOU FOOTBALL GODS !!!! THANK YOU !!!!

Come get you A$$ Whooped Smooty ! I feel bad that I'll be excited when he get's torched by our wideouts... I'll always have memories.

HAIL !!!!!!!!!!

firstdown 03-27-2006 02:34 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz][I]The first-ever tripleheader on Thanksgiving. The Dolphins will visit the Lions in the early game (CBS), followed by the Buccaneers at the Cowboys (FOX) and capped off by the Broncos at the Chiefs (NFL Network).[/I]

I could have sworn that I heard we were playing Big-D(bags) on Thanksgiving night this year. Maybe I just lost too many brain cells this weekend.[/quote]I thought I had heard the same thing because people where talking about our T day curse. I love the 7pm game if I make it to the game its a good time and if I'm home watching I won't be up all night. That 10:15 game is going to be a late one for some fans.

scowan 03-27-2006 02:39 PM

I guess if you are a Broncos or Chiefs fan and don't have Direct TV, you are out of luck on that Turkey day game. I don't have Direct TV yet and don't live in D.C. I am glad the Skins don't play that day!

mooby 03-27-2006 04:28 PM

Sweet! i'm looking forward to monday night football now.

warriorzpath 03-27-2006 04:45 PM

Can't wait to see and hear the one-on-one trash-talking with Smoot and Lloyd.

Twilbert07 03-27-2006 04:48 PM

Only downside is that we'll have to wait an extra day to see the 2006 version of the Skins. But kicking off the season again on national TV will be pretty cool.

Warpath 03-27-2006 04:51 PM

Can't wait until the Viks visit again. Heres a pic from the last time they were in town 1-2-5. This is where our Offense will be all game...
[IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6665/viks9pt.jpg[/IMG]
I'll be there!

p.s. this is the game where Randy Moss left a bit early.

SKINFANFOLIFE 03-27-2006 05:04 PM

FedEx always rocks on opening day. This year will be even better. Vikings with a new coach, Brad Johnson more than likely to be destroyed again (see Tampa 2004) Our free agent pick ups, Al Saunders offense, Fred smoot getting torched by our WR core, and almost a million die hard fans on hand to witness the beginning of our Super Bowl run. Almost like Christmas but better.

jamf 03-27-2006 05:52 PM

You guys going to the game better have to "friendly" signs for smooty!

saden1 03-27-2006 06:11 PM

At home against the Viks to start the season? What more can you ask for? I'm glad we didn't open against the Colts right away. God knows we need warm-up games to get Saunders' offense in high gear.

dmek25 03-27-2006 06:12 PM

smooty will barely be on the field.the vikes are using him as a nickel back

BigSKINBauer 03-27-2006 06:17 PM

i'll be there. Seriously. UMCP is 15 minutes away. Graduation gift i guess.

gibbsisgod 03-27-2006 06:22 PM

[quote=dmek25]smooty will barely be on the field.the vikes are using him as a nickel back[/quote]r u serious?

steveo395 03-27-2006 06:26 PM

[quote=dmek25]smooty will barely be on the field.the vikes are using him as a nickel back[/quote]
but now brian williams left so hes back to #2

That Guy 03-27-2006 06:31 PM

[quote=dmek25]smooty will barely be on the field.the vikes are using him as a nickel back[/quote]

no, he'll be on the field. he was the nickel back with brain williams as the #2, but B williams is in jacksonville right now.

dmek25 03-27-2006 06:34 PM

thats better for the redskins.which one of our recievers can smooty cover?maybe cooley?

That Guy 03-27-2006 06:36 PM

smoots not a bad corner.

gibbsisgod 03-27-2006 06:37 PM

[quote=dmek25]thats better for the redskins.which one of our recievers can smooty cover?maybe cooley?[/quote]i see that game on nfl network all the time with steve smith abusing smooty. maybe our #89 will have a huge day

VishsSkins 03-27-2006 06:51 PM

Man, with the games starting to get announced for next year, all I can say is WHY DO SPRING & SUMMER HAVE TO LAST SO LONG?!?!?!?!

Gmanc711 03-27-2006 09:17 PM

I Will Be There....i Can't Freaking Wait!!!!!!!!!

Cooley 350Z 03-27-2006 09:42 PM

I will definately be there. Can't wait to see the new offense unveiled.

Dirtbag59 03-27-2006 10:27 PM

Man this sucks though with MNF being on ESPN. Cus if I start drinking again I won't have any idea whats going on since Madden won't be there to explain it to me with stuff like

'You don't wanna fumble the ball because when you do you give the other team a chance to gain possession'

'The quarterbacks job is to throw the ball'

'You want your recievers to catch the ball'

'Sacks are good for the defense because they prevent the Quarterback from throwing the ball'

looking at the moon
"Can you believe a cow jumped over that thing"

That Guy 03-28-2006 01:05 AM

you cant beat madden... his insights are truly amazing.

GTripp0012 03-28-2006 01:15 AM

[quote=That Guy]you cant beat madden... his insights are truly amazing.[/quote]

I did learn a bunch of stuff about harvest moons and bridges watching MNF.

That Guy 03-28-2006 01:43 AM

[B]Vikings | Team faces tough season opener in 2006[/B]
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:30:47 -0800

The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings face a tough season opener against the Washington Redskins in 2006. The Vikings are 0-8 all-time against Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs.

how do you like that stat?

GTripp0012 03-28-2006 01:55 AM

[quote=That Guy][B]Vikings | Team faces tough season opener in 2006[/B]
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:30:47 -0800

The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings face a tough season opener against the Washington Redskins in 2006. The Vikings are 0-8 all-time against Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs.

how do you like that stat?[/quote]

The Vikings record on grass over the last 5 years is horrendous. They win in Lambeau for some reason, and never anywhere else.

They lost to the 2003 Raiders...

That Guy 03-28-2006 02:02 AM

[quote=GTripp0012]The Vikings record on grass over the last 5 years is horrendous. They win in Lambeau for some reason, and never anywhere else.

They lost to the 2003 Raiders...[/quote]

the colts don't seem to do so well on natural grass or in open air either.

GTripp0012 03-28-2006 02:05 AM

[quote=That Guy]the colts don't seem to do so well on natural grass or in open air either.[/quote]

I did float the cold weather theroy a few days ago, but I don't think the Colts really struggle outdoors in say, September.

dmek25 03-28-2006 07:53 AM

does anyone know if they are planning to have double headers every monday night?if they are,i hope the skins dont play the late game.starting around 10:00,the game will not be over until after 1:00am.the first monday night game should be over no later than 10:30

freddyg12 03-28-2006 08:48 AM

[quote=dmek25]does anyone know if they are planning to have double headers every monday night?if they are,i hope the skins dont play the late game.starting around 10:00,the game will not be over until after 1:00am.the first monday night game should be over no later than 10:30[/quote]

They haven't released anything else from the schedule, but I would seriously doubt it.
I think the nfl is testing the waters w/this one to see if they can get higher ratings on the west coast for the 2nd game. With the 9:00 est game they lose that crucial ad space at kickoff on the west coast cause a lot of fans are still in their cars on a freeway stuck in traffic.

Beemnseven 03-28-2006 03:31 PM

Wow. This is the fifth season in a row that the Redskins have opened the season at home.

2002 at home vs. Arizona
2003 at home vs. NY Jets
2004 at home vs. Tampa Bay
2005 at home vs. Chicago
2006 at home vs. Minnesota

I thought for sure we were due for an away game to kick things off this year.

Warpath 03-28-2006 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Beemnseven]Wow. This is the fifth season in a row that the Redskins have opened the season at home.

2002 at home vs. Arizona
2003 at home vs. NY Jets
2004 at home vs. Tampa Bay
2005 at home vs. Chicago
2006 at home vs. Minnesota

I thought for sure we were due for an away game to kick things off this year.[/QUOTE]

Hmm lets see, I didn't go to the Zona game in 02, but I was at all the rest. That Jets game was on a Thursday night and i think some bands played in dc. then we saw them walking to their seats like 5 rows in front of us. Then it was the opener vs the Bucs in 04 where we all got to meet a very giving Clinton Portis. Man I think most of us leaving Fedex that day sure thought we'd blow through the season and deep into the playoffs. 05 vs the Bears brought an inept offense but a strong field goal kicker in John Hall pulled us through barely alive. I think its now time in 06 to blow the doors off in our opener at home! I can't friggin wait and we still got like 5 months, what a damn shame.

Beemnseven 03-28-2006 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=Warpath]Hmm lets see, I didn't go to the Zona game in 02, but I was at all the rest. That Jets game was on a Thursday night and i think some bands played in dc. then we saw them walking to their seats like 5 rows in front of us. Then it was the opener vs the Bucs in 04 where we all got to meet a very giving Clinton Portis. Man I think most of us leaving Fedex that day sure thought we'd blow through the season and deep into the playoffs. 05 vs the Bears brought an inept offense but a strong field goal kicker in John Hall pulled us through barely alive. I think its now time in 06 to blow the doors off in our opener at home! I can't friggin wait and we still got like 5 months, what a damn shame.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the Jets, Bucs and Bears were all low scoring, close-calls. The opener against Arizona was 31-23. I'd love to see a blowout Redskin win, I just hope Jason Campbell is the QB guiding us to it.