Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Free Agency/Franchise Tag thread 2011 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=41508)

skinsfaninok 02-15-2011 02:43 PM

Re: Free Agency/Franchise Tag thread 2011

[quote=freddyg12;784616]Not too surprised about Barber, he's a tough dude but has some wear & tear. Only reason it seems they would trade Choice is due to him wanting a deal they won't give him.[/quote]

Yeah Barber looks done and I think Choice is a solid player, can Felix carry the load? I dont think so. I heard they will pursue Michael Bush also.. This was on ESPN Dallas

SOUL-SKINS 02-15-2011 02:45 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;784617]Franchise tag tenders wreck havoc on salary cap management. When you manage your cap like the Redskins do, you don't leave $15 million dollars lying around in free cap money to franchise a contributor for one season. Too much money to one player, particularly when you're rolling over $10-$15 million in dead cap every single season.[/quote]

Makes sense.........Ok then. Thanks GTripp

Ruhskins 02-15-2011 03:08 PM

Here's an updated list of upcoming free agents

[url=http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php]WalterFootball.com: 2011 NFL Free Agents[/url]

They have Soliai (Dolphins NT) listed as the second best tackle behind Ngata, and likely the best true 3-4 NT available in free agency. I really think we should look at this guy. With a lot of needs in other areas, and the emergence of Bryant later in the season, we could be set at NT. The Dolphins don't want to tag him because it would be too much money for them. I feel one of the reasons our 3-4 experiment failed, was the lack of a true NT.

diehard 02-15-2011 03:36 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;784605]We never have any great players lol. Moss won't get tagged he's not worth top 3 WR $[/quote]
Stephen Davis(?) comes to mind. Those were the good ol' days.

GridIron26 02-15-2011 03:44 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;784621]Here's an updated list of upcoming free agents

[URL="http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php"]WalterFootball.com: 2011 NFL Free Agents[/URL]

They have Soliai (Dolphins NT) listed as the second best tackle behind Ngata, and likely the best true 3-4 NT available in free agency. I really think we should look at this guy. With a lot of needs in other areas, and the emergence of Bryant later in the season, we could be set at NT. The Dolphins don't want to tag him because it would be too much money for them. I feel one of the reasons our 3-4 experiment failed, was the lack of a true NT.[/quote]

We probably will face competition for Soliai, but since we don't have a true NT and limited picks in draft. I would not oppose to the move of winning the bid war for him.. I don't think we will need to worry about cap salary issue, since we have BA, whom is master with cap salary.. Finally, something we won't need to worry about during off-seasons for a while!

It doesn't look like the market for FS is good this year.. Which probably means we will need to draft one in top 3 rounds in the draft, assuming we trade down.

skinsfaninok 02-15-2011 03:45 PM

[quote=diehard;784624]Stephen Davis(?) comes to mind. Those were the good ol' days.[/quote]

Dude If only we could rewind the time and bring back Johnson and Davis, I actually thought we were going to the Super Bowl in 99. If it wasn't for that Romo like botched snap I think we could have played with STL.

DCtoAZ 02-15-2011 03:50 PM

I really think Franchising Carlos Rogers #22 is a good move .. although he is frustrating as hell dropping balls left and right .. he is a damn good DB and the future of Rogers/Hall/Landry .. throwing in a little Kevin Barnes .. is bright .. don't let Carlos go, mark my words wherever he goes he will be a Pro Bowl DB

skinsfaninok 02-15-2011 03:50 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;784621]Here's an updated list of upcoming free agents

[URL="http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php"]WalterFootball.com: 2011 NFL Free Agents[/URL]

They have Soliai (Dolphins NT) listed as the second best tackle behind Ngata, and likely the best true 3-4 NT available in free agency. I really think we should look at this guy. With a lot of needs in other areas, and the emergence of Bryant later in the season, we could be set at NT. The Dolphins don't want to tag him because it would be too much money for them. I feel one of the reasons our 3-4 experiment failed, was the lack of a true NT.[/quote]

No QBs at all Yuck. I forget Rex is a FA

skinsfaninok 02-15-2011 03:51 PM

[quote=DCtoAZ;784630]I really think Franchising Carlos Rogers #22 is a good move .. although he is frustrating as hell dropping balls left and right .. he is a damn good DB and the future of Rogers/Hall/Landry .. throwing in a little Kevin Barnes .. is bright .. don't let Carlos go, mark my words wherever he goes he will be a Pro Bowl DB[/quote]

He's not top 5 $ its not happening

diehard 02-15-2011 03:54 PM

[quote=DCtoAZ;784630]I really think Franchising Carlos Rogers #22 is a good move .. although he is frustrating as hell dropping balls left and right .. he is a damn good DB and the future of Rogers/Hall/Landry .. throwing in a little Kevin Barnes .. is bright .. don't let Carlos go, mark my words wherever he goes he will be a Pro Bowl DB[/quote]Sarcasm?

Ruhskins 02-15-2011 04:00 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;784631]No QBs at all Yuck. I forget Rex is a FA[/quote]

Yeah, you know your FA QBs suck when Gradkowski is the best option.

skinsfaninok 02-15-2011 04:01 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;784635]Yeah, you know your FA QBs suck when Gradkowski is the best option.[/quote]

Btw how is he higher than Rex? Grad never even plays

mredskins 02-15-2011 04:06 PM

i can't get excited about free agency until the labor issue is resolved, otherwise FA talk is useless.

skinsfaninok 02-15-2011 04:07 PM

[quote=mredskins;784642]i can't get excited about free agency until the labor issue is resolved, otherwise FA talk is useless.[/quote]

It will get done later than sooner

mooby 02-15-2011 04:14 PM

[quote=DCtoAZ;784630]I really think Franchising Carlos Rogers #22 is a good move .. although he is frustrating as hell dropping balls left and right .. he is a damn good DB and the future of Rogers/Hall/Landry .. throwing in a little Kevin Barnes .. is bright .. don't let Carlos go, mark my words wherever he goes he will be a Pro Bowl DB[/quote]

I agree except on the "he'll be a pro bowler" bit. I like him a lot more than everybody else does but he'll never be a Pro Bowler unless he learns how to catch.