Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your 2010 Redskins MVP (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=40843)

mlmpetert 01-03-2011 10:17 AM

Your 2010 Redskins MVP

Obviously it was a pretty disappointing season but that doesn’t mean that there wernt some positives. So whos your 2010 Redskins MVP?

Fletcher – Leader on the field and in the locker room. Not only the most consistent player on the team since he put on a Skins uniform, but also in my eyes easily the best player over that time period

Orapko – A defensive player that actually show emotion? No sophomore slump for him.

D. Hall – lone probowler, probably because of his interceptions, 4 of which game in 1 game. Not super consistent, but played pretty good overall.

Ryan Torain – Missed a few games but was probably our most explosive player on offense

Brandon Banks – he likes to run back kicks

Anthony Armstrong – Best route runner on the team in my opinion. Great attitude and pretty much our only deep threat.

Santana Moss – Quietly had a awesome year

Lorenzo Alexander – Willing to do anything and does a great job doing it

Laron Landry – Played damn good through a achilles injury.

Mike Shanahan – Not caving in what the owner or the fan demands. Maybe he has a better prospective on things then us?

I probably got to go with Moss, I might also go with Armstrong because he did what Thomas, Kelly, Williams, Austin and Galloway was supposed to do. Its hard in my eyes to go with anyone on defense considering how horrible it was.

Who's yours? Am I missing anyone?

Chico23231 01-03-2011 10:23 AM

Re: Your 2010 Redskins MVP

Santana Moss

mooby 01-03-2011 10:26 AM

Moss. He was consistent all year long. Fletch would prob. get some votes but I feel he had a down year by his standards, especially given how poor our d was. I can't give it to anybody else on our defense, Landry could've been a candidate but he missed too much time, Orakpo had an awesome first half but was noticeably missing in the second half mainly because he wasn't getting sacks because he was getting held, and he wasn't getting flags because for some reason almost every time he was held the refs didn't see it. He really is going to have to step his game up because I'm pretty sure whatever OT he goes up against has noticed by now if you hold him odds are it won't get called.

Cooley had a consistent year as well and a nice rebound year from last season, but it's hard to argue against Moss. Everybody else on the team either was injured for a portion of the season, or just sucked or had a down year.

hooskins 01-03-2011 10:42 AM

Fletcher.

firstdown 01-03-2011 11:02 AM

Lorenzo Alexander for what he has done on the field and off the field.

Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander has been selected as the Redskins’ 2010 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year.

The award is given to one player from each NFL team who has displayed an exceptional commitment to community and charitable work.

“Being able to enrich myself in the Washington, D.C., community and gain their support and make this community better than it was before I got here, it’s an awesome feeling,” Alexander said on Thursday. “This is my home. I plan to stay here after I’m done playing and I want to continue to do [charity work].”

Here is a link to the article.[url=http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Alexander_Honored_For_His_Community_Efforts_186899.jsp]Alexander Honored For His Community Efforts[/url]

Ruhskins 01-03-2011 11:06 AM

D. Hall. I know everyone hates him, but he won the Dallas and Chicago games; having four picks against the Bears.

DCtoAZ 01-03-2011 11:07 AM

D. Hall #23 .... he is a pro-bowler

mlmpetert 01-03-2011 11:16 AM

[quote=firstdown;774649]Lorenzo Alexander for what he has done on the field and off the field.

Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander has been selected as the Redskins’ 2010 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year.

The award is given to one player from each NFL team who has displayed an exceptional commitment to community and charitable work.

“Being able to enrich myself in the Washington, D.C., community and gain their support and make this community better than it was before I got here, it’s an awesome feeling,” Alexander said on Thursday. “This is my home. I plan to stay here after I’m done playing and I want to continue to do [charity work].”

Here is a link to the article.[URL="http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Alexander_Honored_For_His_Community_Efforts_186899.jsp"]Alexander Honored For His Community Efforts[/URL][/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Call me old fashion but ive never equated being a nice guy with being a good player. Its great that some players like to be nice guys off the field, but to me its never been a motivating factor in deciding how good a player is, in my opinion his play solely dictates that. [/FONT][/COLOR]

skinsfaninok 01-03-2011 11:27 AM

Moss gets it on offense.

Fletcher on Defense

MTK 01-03-2011 11:28 AM

Offense - Moss (honorable mentions: Armstrong, Trent Williams, Cooley)

Defense - Fletcher (honorable mentions: Landry, Orakpo, Hall)

Special teams - Banks

skinsfaninok 01-03-2011 11:32 AM

I think Rex would have got it if he started from day 1.

7 TDs in Three games is pretty impressive, give him 16 games and he may have had 25 TD passes

mredskins 01-03-2011 11:32 AM

fletcher then moss.

MTK 01-03-2011 11:36 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;774667]I think Rex would have got it if he started from day 1.

7 TDs in Three games is pretty impressive, give him 16 games and he may have had 25 TD passes[/quote]

Yeah and he would also probably come close to 20 turnovers with INTs and fumbles combined. That's the frustrating part with him.

Arrrgh! 01-03-2011 11:42 AM

Moss gets my vote. Guy's a trouper and still gets it done.

freddyg12 01-03-2011 11:47 AM

London Fletcher by a comfortable margin IMO. He also seemed to really pick it up at the end of the year. Pretty incredible for a guy his age.