Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rex Grossman on NFL Radio Sunday (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42540)

Paintrain 06-05-2011 12:56 PM

Rex Grossman on NFL Radio Sunday

-Excited about 2011, wants to stay in DC... Wants to pick up where left off.
-Says Beck is under the radar and is promoting himself, says while there no practice he might as well promote himself.
-QB situation will work itself out, he's not worried about Beck being the starter going in to camp.
-Quick passes and deep game suit him, calls system pretty easy, few protection calls, fast break game plan, high pace.
-Says offense is predicated off of the run, lots of big plays available, Schaub ran it perfectly which he saw and is very comfortable with it, calls it best offensive scheme in the game.
-Was surprised he was inserted in Detroit game but it was brewing for a while.
-Didn't expect to get any starts when they signed him but he stayed ready. A lot went on behind the scenes, wouldn't talk about what, but he said you could see McNabb benching coming at the end of the season.
-It will be strange if he's not a Redskin in 2011. Lots of reps in player workouts, guys are in shape and ready to go.
-Likes the team, likes the system, wants to be here. Decent chance he will be back.
-Kyle wants and expects precision, down to the amount of hitches to take thru progressions. Wants it practiced that way so it's natural. (probably led to McNabb issues)
-Coaches really like Torrain, likes K. Williams. Expects Torrain to start over rookies.

MTK 06-05-2011 04:23 PM

Re: Rex Grossman on NFL Radio Sunday

Thanks for the highlights

Dirtbag59 06-05-2011 06:32 PM

How does he feel about the War on Drugs?

NM Redskin 06-05-2011 10:17 PM

Good Stuff, thanks for the cliff notes.
[quote=Dirtbag59;805792]How does he feel about the War on Drugs?[/quote]

Rex: How can you call it a war? Wars end.

hooskins 06-05-2011 10:53 PM

Thanks dude

skinsfaninok 06-05-2011 11:24 PM

D McNabb really burned some bridges here somehow

Paintrain 06-06-2011 12:16 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;805810]D McNabb really burned some bridges here somehow[/quote]

They tried to get him to spill the beans but he sidestepped the question quickly, unlike how he does oncoming pass rushers.

53Fan 06-06-2011 01:14 AM

Good stuff Paintrain. Thanks.

freddyg12 06-06-2011 08:30 AM

thanks for posting. Rex seems like a good guy, and a true professional. Maybe he's at a point in his career where things will click for him, but based on his past, here & Chicago, I'm still not much excited about the prospect of him as starting qb.

Jontrem 06-06-2011 09:18 AM

[quote=NM Redskin;805804]Good Stuff, thanks for the cliff notes.

Rex: How can you call it a war? Wars end.[/quote]

The wire?

SolidSnake84 06-06-2011 12:01 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;805810]D McNabb really burned some bridges here somehow[/quote]

I like Donovan but hearing what is being said about him now, co-incides with his criticisms over the years in Philly:

Lack of work ethic/bad practice habits
poor cardio/stamina in games
ego/image/primadonna issues

My mom is the biggest Philly fan i know, and she said to me Donovan was the reason why the eagles didnt re-sign Garcia after he had his monster season in 2006. she said he felt threatened by him especially after fans started saying they wanted JG to start in 2007 over Donovan...

MonkFan4Life 06-06-2011 12:09 PM

[quote=Jontrem;805840]The wire?[/quote]

Sure sounded like it didn't it ?

Awesone show by the way.

Paintrain 06-06-2011 12:26 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;805867]I like Donovan but hearing what is being said about him now, co-incides with his criticisms over the years in Philly:

Lack of work ethic/bad practice habits
poor cardio/stamina in games
ego/image/primadonna issues

My mom is the biggest Philly fan i know, and she said to me Donovan was the reason why the eagles didnt re-sign Garcia after he had his monster season in 2006. she said he felt threatened by him especially after fans started saying they wanted JG to start in 2007 over Donovan...[/quote]

Most of my family are big Philly fans and I never heard them complain about ego/image/primadonna questions but the others I've heard as well.

What Grossman seemed to imply by his comments and hesitation to talk to the hosts that there was clear tension between Donovan and Kyle and his practice performance/habits were a big part of it. Rex emphasized in his tone that Kyle is very specific in what he expects from his QB and how his QB is supposed to execute it. When he said that Kyle is so specific to even the number of hitches as they go thru progressions I can see that being an issue with the way McNabb improvs. That would also seem to eliminate any thoughts of Vince Young because he's an improv QB as well.

SolidSnake84 06-06-2011 12:29 PM

[quote=Paintrain;805872]Most of my family are big Philly fans and I never heard them complain about ego/image/primadonna questions but the others I've heard as well.

What Grossman seemed to imply by his comments and hesitation to talk to the hosts that there was clear tension between Donovan and Kyle and his practice performance/habits were a big part of it. Rex emphasized in his tone that Kyle is very specific in what he expects from his QB and how his QB is supposed to execute it. When he said that Kyle is so specific to even the number of hitches as they go thru progressions I can see that being an issue with the way McNabb improvs. That would also seem to eliminate any thoughts of Vince Young because he's an improv QB as well.[/quote]

Excellent interpretation of that...i took it to mean similar things, but knowing how Donovan is, I assumed that when he came here, he felt that being a big star he could be afforded to improv some and not work as hard, because they had let him get away with it in philly since they were winning...

Paintrain 06-06-2011 12:36 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;805873]Excellent interpretation of that...i took it to mean similar things, but knowing how Donovan is, I assumed that when he came here, he felt that being a big star he could be afforded to improv some and not work as hard, because they had let him get away with it in philly since they were winning...[/quote]
Yeah, I can see that and combined with Cooley's comments last week on NFL Total Access that both parties were surprised at the learning curve of the offense I don't think McNabb was prepared to come in and be 'coached'. Reid did more coddling and yielding to what suited McNabb than Kyle did and I think that may have been a source of conflict as well. Mike and Kyle seem to be of the school of thought-'you are a pro, prepare and act like one' and McNabb may have been comfortable with getting by on talent and supporting cast. I won't be surprised to see him successful somewhere else in 2011 but he just wasn't a good fit with the Shanahans.