Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sean Taylor is gone, but for Washington Redskins fans, he never left (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64247)

MTK 11-27-2018 09:52 AM

Sean Taylor is gone, but for Washington Redskins fans, he never left

11 years ago today

[URL="https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/sean-taylor-gone-washington-redskins-fans-he-never-left"]Sean Taylor is gone, but for Washington Redskins fans, he never left [/URL]

skinsfaninok 11-27-2018 10:02 AM

Re: Sean Taylor is gone, but for Washington Redskins fans, he never left

Time flies doesn't it? Crazy that it's already been 11 years.

Schneed10 11-27-2018 10:11 AM

His loss really affected me. I grew to love him because of the on-field play, obviously. But that interest causes you to read about him as a person, and you read about how much of a devoted family man he had become, and naturally the attachment grows.

Every year when this anniversary comes up it's a reminder to me, to appreciate each player as an individual. Yeah they get paid big money for it, but I'm emotionally attached to this team (irrationally so) and I have them all to thank for the ups and downs I get to experience on autumn Sundays.

Wish I could have gotten to see Sean Taylor for more of them and read more about how his life developed. Thanks to the Redskins for doing what you do.

Except Bruce Allen. F that guy.

mooby 11-27-2018 10:27 AM

He was the best player the Skins had in those years by a country mile, and it was something I never saw coming. When he was drafted we all knew about the raw athletic talent, and while I think '06 was his worst year going into 2007 I was raving about how good we were gonna be since that was the year the media started getting into his image more, about how he had changed, became a family fan, finally started to realize his potential, everything had started to click where playmaking had just become instinctive (aka the Ed Reed level). It made me so hyped I went out and bought his jersey, breaking my no-current players rule just because I thought it was almost guaranteed he would be the best Redskin for the next 10 years.

And the start he had with Landry! No deep passes given up, the 2 pick game against Favre, the perfect compliment with Landry staying in the box and him roaming center field. Gibbs and the staff found the perfect compliment for each other, I truly thought we were set at both spots for the next decade.

Even when he got shot I thought "no biggie, he's in great shape and people get shot all the time and come back from it." Hit me like a sack of bricks when they announced his passing.

I feel bad for his family more than anything. Yeah his passing left a hole that the Skins haven't filled for a decade, but his family and friends were the ones that knew him and are deprived of his presence. His daughter is only gonna know her father through the tales passed down, or the YT videos. What a shame.

PS fuck those kids, even 10 years later. I still think they have little remorse for what they did.

skinsfaninok 11-27-2018 11:05 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1209699]His loss really affected me. I grew to love him because of the on-field play, obviously. But that interest causes you to read about him as a person, and you read about how much of a devoted family man he had become, and naturally the attachment grows.

Every year when this anniversary comes up it's a reminder to me, to appreciate each player as an individual. Yeah they get paid big money for it, but I'm emotionally attached to this team (irrationally so) and I have them all to thank for the ups and downs I get to experience on autumn Sundays.

Wish I could have gotten to see Sean Taylor for more of them and read more about how his life developed. Thanks to the Redskins for doing what you do.

Except Bruce Allen. F that guy.[/quote]

Not just skins fans but most will say ST would have been the best Safety of all time, his athleticism playing that position has never been seen before. He could do it all, cover guys like Randy Moss and TO in their primes, deliver a crushing blow and was a great run defender.

MTK 11-27-2018 11:17 AM

He was a generational talent. Sucks to think about what his career could have been.

mooby 11-27-2018 12:54 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1209710]Not just skins fans but most will say ST would have been the best Safety of all time, his athleticism playing that position has never been seen before. He could do it all, cover guys like Randy Moss and TO in their primes, deliver a crushing blow and was a great run defender.[/quote]

I felt like the "best safety of all time" theory is a bit of a stretch, certainly it would've been possible if he had kept it up. But his unique ability to cover like an Ed Reed and hit like a Ray Lewis was unmatched.

Skinsfanatic 11-27-2018 09:38 PM

Nvm

sdskinsfan2001 11-27-2018 10:30 PM

Its awesome how great of a legacy he left. Guys now that were super young when he was killed still look up to him. Still lots of guys favorite player. Hopefully away from football he still serves as a good example of showing people that they can make it and make a difference.

MTK 11-28-2018 01:06 PM

Is this for real? FFS

[url]https://deadspin.com/rip-sean-taylor-now-buy-this-crappy-doll-from-dan-sny-1830682615[/url]

skinsfaninok 11-28-2018 01:12 PM

[quote=MTK;1209934]Is this for real? FFS

[url]https://deadspin.com/rip-sean-taylor-now-buy-this-crappy-doll-from-dan-sny-1830682615[/url][/quote]

I hope this is fake

Buffalo Bob 11-28-2018 01:23 PM

Has to be fake, even Snyder has more class than that.

mooby 11-28-2018 01:41 PM

I would hope it's fake too but you never know. Also it seems McKenna still holds a grudge against Snyder for that article he did like a decade ago haha.

redskins forever 12-06-2018 03:05 AM

The man was HIGH POWERED he was the 1st player I legitimately cried over when he died never truly knew him but my God he was and will always be my favorite redskin till the day I pass and see him again

R.I.P. sir my God you are missed