Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64655)

SunnySide 07-29-2020 10:54 AM

AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

So a popular discussion website has a thread titled "AITA: Am I the A**hole?" where people will post a story and ask the question .. am I the a**hole in this situation? Something happened yesterday that made me wonder whether perhaps I was the a hole in the situation.

After work I stop by my beer store. The parking lot was pretty full as the first 8-10 rows had cars parked in them. So I park about 12 spots up the aisle. As I get out and start walking, I see a car pull in to the lot, stop for a second then park in a handicap spot.

By the time the guy is getting out I was walking past his car. He was a young 20 something guy. No handicap plates or card hanging from the mirror. Seemed like a fit young guy who hopped out of his car no problem.

I am maybe 5 steps ahead of him. Hes following behind me and apparently going into the beer store as well.

I get to the door, open it then make sure I close it not right in his face but basically right in his face.

Am I the a**hole here?

SunnySide 07-29-2020 11:09 AM

Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

If anything happened to you where you question it, post it here and well let you know if you were the A hole or not.

MTK 07-29-2020 11:15 AM

So you closed the door on him but you're wondering if that was right? I'm confused as to why you didn't hold it open.

SunnySide 07-29-2020 11:18 AM

I didnt hold it open for him bc I got the impression he was a young non-handicap guy and just parked in the handicap spot bc he was lazy.

MTK 07-29-2020 11:22 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1256661]I didnt hold it open for him bc I got the impression he was a young non-handicap guy and just parked in the handicap spot bc he was lazy.[/quote]

lol ok I see now

I'd say your action was justified then

sdskinsfan2001 07-29-2020 11:29 AM

Two wrongs don't make a right.

MTK 07-29-2020 11:40 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1256664]Two wrongs don't make a right.[/quote]

no but sometimes it feels good

Giantone 07-29-2020 11:55 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1256661]I didnt hold it open for him bc I got the impression he was a young non-handicap guy and just parked in the handicap spot bc he was lazy.[/quote]

See you know why he is an ass, he hasn't a clue as to why you where to him,see my point?

SunnySide 07-29-2020 12:05 PM

My hesitation and half regret is that not all handicaps are visible and I shouldnt assume and judge based off of a 20 second observation

it felt good though. I think going into the beer store was the final straw. If we were walking into a grocery store or something I would have held the door open.

Just something about going to get beer caused my last second decision to be a d*ck.

giantone -- I see your point and its a good point. I didnt look back but it was demonstrative and blatant. he had to know.

------------------

If anyone has a situation, post away.

sdskinsfan2001 07-29-2020 12:13 PM

Any time I had a fight with my ex GF would qualify after the argument ended but before it was resolved or we just moved on.

Chico23231 07-29-2020 02:41 PM

[YT]MhLqPfAylF4[/YT]

jamf 07-29-2020 04:34 PM

Warpath Reddit

YTA - since you didn't call him out.

kct1975 07-29-2020 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1256665]no but sometimes it feels good[/QUOTE]LOL [emoji16]

Years ago I had the same experience on the Fairfax County Parkway...

The speed limit on the Fairfax County Parkway is 50 MPH...

I was heading home late one evening from Reston VA and I was in the left hand lane of the Fairfax County Parkway...due to frequentency of the Fairfax County Police on the Fairfax County Parkway and the time of night, I decided it was prudent to maintain the 50 MPH speed limit. I pulled along side of another car in the right hand lane. Then a car behind me, in the left hand lane decided that he wanted to go faster than the 50 MPH limit. As it turns out, me and the car beside me in the right hand lane both decided that Mr. SPEEDLY wasn't getting around us. So both me and the car in the right hand lane decided to match each other's speed and keep pace with each other. Long story short, we both matched each other's speed and kept at 50 MPH or under and completely frustrated the Mr. SPEEDY behind us. In fact the mate in the right lane at one point smiled and nodded at each other.

In the end I know that I was being a bit of an A$$.
But Damn it felt good! [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 07-29-2020 05:02 PM

[quote=kct1975;1256693]LOL [emoji16]

Years ago I had the same experience on the Fairfax County Parkway...

The speed limit on the Fairfax County Parkway is 50 MPH...

I was heading home late one evening from Reston VA and I was in the left hand lane of the Fairfax County Parkway...due to frequentency of the Fairfax County Police on the Fairfax County Parkway and the time of night, I decided it was prudent to maintain the 50 MPH speed limit. I pulled along side of another car in the right hand lane. Then a car behind me, in the left hand lane decided that he wanted to go faster than the 50 MPH limit. As it turns out, me and the car beside me in the right hand lane both decided that Mr. SPEEDLY wasn't getting around us. So both me and the car in the right hand lane decided to match each other's speed and keep pace with each other. Long story short, we both matched each other's speed and kept at 50 MPH or under and completely frustrated the Mr. SPEEDY behind us. In fact the mate in the right lane at one point smiled and nodded at each other.

In the end I know that I was being a bit of an A$$.
But Damn it felt good! [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk[/quote]

That is certified asshole move lol.

mooby 07-29-2020 07:03 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1256694]That is certified asshole move lol.[/quote]

Semi-aggressive left lane driver here, can't stand that shit lol. Especially when there's only 2 cars holding up 20, which is common on the parkway.