Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dunbar traded to Seahawks (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64601)

Ruhskins 03-23-2020 06:11 PM

Dunbar traded to Seahawks

For a fifth round pick. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200323/5d62663f990d648bb97bfb04c991399a.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mooby 03-23-2020 06:12 PM

Re: Dunbar traded to Seahawks

Well the optics look bad, but I still trust the process. Not sure how much leverage the Skins had since Dunbar clearly wanted out.

calia 03-23-2020 06:14 PM

He was under contract-they had all the leverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 03-23-2020 06:15 PM

[quote=calia;1247844]He was under contract-they had all the leverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Bad teams make bad trades period. When is the last time this team made a good deal? Sorry but same old Redskins

CRedskinsRule 03-23-2020 06:15 PM

Wish they had gotten more, but Dunbar's injury history probably made that hard. Still, this year is basically a mulligan for RR to set culture and values, and QD wasn't on board.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ruhskins 03-23-2020 06:17 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1247846]Bad teams make bad trades period. When is the last time this team made a good deal? Sorry but same old Redskins[/quote]

It is not the same old Redskins. The same old Redskins would have meant a pissing contest between Bruce Allen and Dunbar, that would have dragged on through the season.

Dunbar had a nerve injury that basically plagued him the past two seasons. This is why the team didn't want to pay him and why he was only worth a 5th rounder to other NFL teams.

Come on people, let's be a bit more smart about this.

Chico23231 03-23-2020 06:17 PM

Stupid trade.

skinsfaninok 03-23-2020 06:23 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1247848]It is not the same old Redskins. The same old Redskins would have meant a pissing contest between Bruce Allen and Dunbar, that would have dragged on through the season.

Dunbar had a nerve injury that basically plagued him the past two seasons. This is why the team didn't want to pay him and why he was only worth a 5th rounder to other NFL teams.

Come on people, let's be a bit more smart about this.[/quote]

Then you sit down with him and hash it out, I believe in Ron but this is a bad deal no matter which way you coat it.

VTSkins1961 03-23-2020 06:25 PM

He didn't want to be here. We got what we could. Has a history of being injured.... Better to move on from him than having a disgruntled player on the team

GridIron26 03-23-2020 06:26 PM

Wow...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

calia 03-23-2020 06:26 PM

Dunbar traded to Seahawks

This all makes me think that the team is going to give up the number 2 pick in exchange for a bunch of picks and do a complete rebuild. There are just sooooo many gaps.

skinsfaninok 03-23-2020 06:27 PM

[quote=calia;1247859]This all makes me think that the team is going to give up the number 2 pick in exchange for a bunch of picks and do a complete rebuild. They are just sooooo many gaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

It's a must IMO. I like Chase but he's not solving the gaps on this team. With Kerrigan coming back he can be serviceable for another yr.

CRedskinsRule 03-23-2020 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;1247848]It is not the same old Redskins. The same old Redskins would have meant a pissing contest between Bruce Allen and Dunbar, that would have dragged on through the season.

Come on people, let's be a bit more smart about this.[/QUOTE]Exactly. Dunbar was a Gruden-Allen feel good story, and I am glad he got his shot, but he came back with an attitude and injury plagued seasons. IF he works out for the Seahawks good for them, but the Skins need a true #1 that stays on the field. We may not get it this year, but honestly our division's passers don't create so much concern.

Bottom line, I believe DelRio, RR and KS can put competent pieces in place that want to be here and play hard.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

skinsfan69 03-23-2020 06:28 PM

Don't have a problem with getting rid of Dunbar. He was always hurt and will continue to be hurt and wants top corner money. They evaluated him and felt he wasn't worth a long term investment so might as well get something for him. Pretty smart to move on from him.

MTK 03-23-2020 06:30 PM

I thought at best we’d get a 4th for him. Good corner but he’s not durable.