Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The 50/50 Post Game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64516)

sdskinsfan2001 11-24-2019 06:42 PM

The 50/50 Post Game Thread

A lot of separate discussions on how we won or why we won or if we should have won or if Haskins is the answer or not, etc. Post here.

I'll take the W and I like Haskins.

sdskinsfan2001 11-24-2019 06:45 PM

Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Give us an actual TE and replace Quinn with Sims and the offense is drastically upgraded.

CRedskinsRule 11-24-2019 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1237708]A lot of separate discussions on how we won or why we won or if we should have won or if Haskins is the answer or not, etc. Post here.

I'll take the W and I like Haskins.[/QUOTE]The lack of a tight end is definitely noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 11-24-2019 06:49 PM

Quinn sucks, cut him after this season. I want the #2 pick so winning today did not really hurt much. Cincy will get the 1St pick.

Haskins was bad today but he did have 2 clutch drives to win so that is encouraging.

Guice isn't as explosive as I thought but maybe he will be eventually.

We need a TE BAD!!

Defense was avg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 11-24-2019 06:52 PM

Our rookies and second year players had a lot to do with this win even if it was ugly. Harmon, McLaurin, Sims, Haskins, Holcomb, Moreland, Sweat, Settle, SDH, etc. Bostic had a great game. Guice needs to start so that he can get into a rhythm and help Haskins.

Chico23231 11-24-2019 07:12 PM

Thought the pass defense played really well...funny Norman was benched

skinsfaninok 11-24-2019 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1237718]Thought the pass defense played really well...funny Norman was benched[/QUOTE]Dunbar is better anyway, Josh is washed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 11-24-2019 07:25 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1237718]Thought the pass defense played really well...funny Norman was benched[/quote]

Josh "BBQ Chicken" Norman

FrenchSkin 11-24-2019 07:40 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1237716]Our rookies and second year players had a lot to do with this win even if it was ugly. Harmon, McLaurin, Sims, Haskins, Holcomb, Moreland, Sweat, Settle, SDH, etc. Bostic had a great game. Guice needs to start so that he can get into a rhythm and help Haskins.[/quote]

Agreed.

Not re-signing Bostic would be a huge mistake IMO. ILB was supposed to be a gaping hole this year and Holcomb and Bostic turned out to be a nice surprise.

FrenchSkin 11-24-2019 07:46 PM

Not ready to crown anybody. But. It's a W. HTTR.

And I don't care about draft stock, it's a crap shoot anyway so losing a few spots doesn't outweigh building up [B]confidence[/B].

Which is what this team needs.
This defense just needs to [I][U]play with some juice[/U][/I] to produce at the level they should.
And this offense has some [I][U]young up and coming players[/U][/I] (Haskins, McLaurin, Harmon, Sims, Guice) who I'd like to [I][U]feel good about themselves[/U][/I] and themselves as Redskins players going into next season !

CRedskinsRule 11-24-2019 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=FrenchSkin;1237724]Not ready to crown anybody. But. It's a W. HTTR.

And I don't care about draft stock, it's a crap shoot anyway so losing a few spots doesn't outweigh building up [B]confidence[/B].

This defense just needs to [I][U]play with some juice[/U][/I] to produce at the level they should.

And this offense has some [I][U]young up and coming players[/U][/I] (Haskins, McLaurin, Harmon, Sims, Guice) who I'd like to [I][U]feel good about themselves[/U][/I] and themselves as Redskins players going into next season ![/QUOTE]This is how I feel.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

punch it in 11-24-2019 08:16 PM

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191125/65cfb6fa39d66c233086270ddeb8cb29.jpg[/IMG]

punch it in 11-24-2019 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=FrenchSkin;1237724]Not ready to crown anybody. But. It's a W. HTTR.

And this offense has some [I][U]young up and coming players[/U][/I] (Haskins, McLaurin, Harmon, Sims, Guice) who I'd like to [I][U]feel good about themselves[/U][/I] and themselves as Redskins players going into next season ![/QUOTE]

Do you think the team built confidence after they beat Miami? I think they got worse. I think they got so bad the wheels came off and they crashed and burned and ended up playing maybe the worse game they played this year just last week against the Jets. This game today was against a team whose defense is just as bad if not worse than Miami’s. With Stafford out their offense is worse too. I think they are going to get beat like a drum for the next five weeks. So forgive me if I am not buying into this being some sort of renaissance.
I hope Miami beats Cincy in a few weeks, and I hope Cincy drafts Burrows number one leaving us the chance to draft Chase Young. A generational talent.
As for Haskins who knows, it is too early to tell. But today he trended down imo.

FrenchSkin 11-24-2019 08:42 PM

[quote=punch it in;1237728]Do you think the team built confidence after they beat Miami? I think they got worse. I think they got so bad the wheels came off and they crashed and burned and ended up playing maybe the worse game they played this year just last week against the Jets. This game today was against a team whose defense is just as bad if not worse than Miami’s. With Stafford out their offense is worse too. I think they are going to get beat like a drum for the next five weeks. So forgive me if I am not buying into this being some sort of renaissance.
I hope Miami beats Cincy in a few weeks, and I hope Cincy drafts Burrows number one leaving us the chance to draft Chase Young. A generational talent.
As for Haskins who knows, it is too early to tell. But today he trended down imo.[/quote]

I don't think it's a renaissance. This season is lost.

I just don't think we're building anything good for the future if all our players feel like shit about themselves and this team.

We have a young QB who could develop into a nice one, who's already showing signs of progress, we have 3 young promising WR, a potential young stud at RB, and a core of young defensive talent...

Plus the "win" against Miami really should have been a loss, and Haskins wasn't playing, it wasn't building anything.

HTTR 11-24-2019 09:29 PM

Meh. Yes, the youngsters are emerging, and there may be a few keepers. The WRs have promise, McLaurin still the standout. Haskins is green, needs the rest of the season to determine what our draft strategy will be. He’s got to stop the selfie BS. When TM hauled in another almost overthrown pass with time counting down, I thought Dwayne was going to go jump into the stands.

So, against another bad team, I’m not that impressed. When Bruce slips off Dan’s yacht and no one jumps in to save him, THAT will impress me.