Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Positives (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25003)

SouperMeister 09-05-2008 01:31 PM

Re: Positives

[quote=DCborn;473026]Landry is still trucking after getting hit by a truck.
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O820ahrjDy0&feature=related"]YouTube - Brandon Jacobs unloads on LaRon Landri[/URL][/quote]Jacobs is a beast - that reminded me of Mike Sellers taking on little DBs:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXrra91QSvU]YouTube - Mike Sellers LEVELING Kennoi Kennedy and Brian Dawkins[/ame]

DCborn 09-05-2008 01:37 PM

[quote=T.A.P.O.A.F.O.R.;473028]everyone-- defense, offense, coaching-- got better as the game went on. at halftime i was ready to be stranged. by the end of the game i was thinking, "hey, maybe this upward trend will go into next week."[/quote]

Hey what does
T.A.P.O.A.F.O.R stand for away?...is It THE AWESOME POWERS. OF A FULLY OPERATIONAL REDSKIN ?....kinda after the George Clinton album?

Ruhskins 09-05-2008 02:49 PM

Thank you for posting this thread. I don't know why people are calling this a blowout....I mean it could have been. But the team adjusted, and the defense played well. Now I know moral victories don't count, but I do hope the team learns from their mistakes and keep in mind what worked during this game and carry that to next week's game.

redsk1 09-05-2008 02:53 PM

[quote=Paintrain;472986]Man, I hate getting [B]stranged[/B].[/quote]

Getting strangled is worse...my bad.

Paintrain 09-05-2008 03:20 PM

[quote=redsk1;473063]Getting strangled is worse...my bad.[/quote]
Just trying to have a little fun today. :cool-smil

GoSkins! 09-05-2008 03:46 PM

The positives were that the defense adjusted and stopped the Giants from scoring and the offense improved as the game went on.

I'll refrain from listing negatives (as this is not the point of this thread)!

GoSkins! 09-05-2008 03:51 PM

[quote=T.A.P.O.A.F.O.R.;473028]everyone-- defense, offense, coaching-- got better as the game went on. at halftime i was ready to be stranged. by the end of the game i was thinking, "hey, maybe this upward trend will go into next week."[/quote]

Thats two guys talking about "stranged" in the same thread...

I guess I need to try it....

JGisLordOfTheRings 09-05-2008 04:17 PM

One of the most positive things about the game last night was the [I]DESTRUCTION[/I] that CP laid down on the DE.

I need a clip.....

bridaman51 09-05-2008 04:19 PM

The defense the Skins run is very similar to the Tampa Two with Safeties DEEEEEP only we usually only have one deep. The Defensive scheme is based on the premise of keeping things in front of you, a "bend but don't break" type of defense. Do not give up the big play down field and for the most part we didn't.... you can rack up as much yardage as you want but if you get only one touchdown I would have to say the defense did pretty well, they did what that defense is built for. We need our Offense to pick it up and SCORE. My criticism of the defense would be based on the fact we did not have our number 1 corner, and 2 players returning in less then a years time from SERIOUS knee injuries and a defense end not at 100%. They will get faster, Springs will play and i think our defense will get better (barring any injuries). Carter and Taylor need to put more pressure on the QB, Manning looked baffled at times when they got in his face. Yes he did make some nice throws while being hit, however the INT came when pressure was put on. We need more pressure from our front 4 and players to play (i.e. Springs)

DIRTEE 09-05-2008 04:34 PM

Give it up to Kendall for having the eye of the tiger. Don't let middle linebackers punk you.

SkinsFanSince91 09-05-2008 04:42 PM

1. We didnt committ a turn over
2. We forced a turnover (Smoot INT after A. Carter pressure)
3. We ran more than we passed (generally how games in the NFL are won)
4. Defense was solid. The only TD was scored after a fluke pass interference call, and after that it was all FG's
5. We got pressure on Eli.

As for the negatives.....Well.....They outnumber the positives by at least a 2:1 margin.
But I am a perfectionist when it comes to game play. The closest thing I have seen to a perfect game was in th HOF game. That was great. We could run, pass, and the D got a td.

Hope we can see that REAL SOON!

Redskin Warrior 09-05-2008 05:33 PM

My highlight of the game was when Clinton put that DE on his ass (I can't spell his name) Portis unloaded his frustrating on buddy big time.

GridIron26 09-05-2008 07:11 PM

I have to admit - I was um very frustrated with the game.. But after a while, I started to recollect myself and I reminded myself that our coach is a rookie and the offense is brand new to this franchise.. However, I believed that we improved in some areas.. (I admit I did not watch the whole game as I had to prepare stuff for party, but I saw enough to see some improvements)

Portis&Betts duo: I am really glad to see Betts on the field for some times.. If this continues, Portis will be fresh for whole year..

Heyer: (I'm not sure about this but from what I have seen when I was watching the game) I believe Heyer did well, especially against Tuck.. And the sack Tuck made against Heyer - it wasn't Heyer's but JC's fault..

D-line: I noticed that they are starting to able to pressure QB, even with our DTs.. That is good news..

Defense: Even though they sucked in first half, but it is good sign that they were able to make some adjustments in the half time.. But Rogers somehow have to learn how to catch ball..

And no turnovers :)

prinzeofmoval 09-05-2008 07:17 PM

The way the Offense played and the will the Giants imposed on us should've made it a blowout..But the defense came through when needed and Clinton being Clinton keeps you optimistic about the season.

djnemo65 09-05-2008 08:16 PM

Yeah, the defense appears to have lost nothing in the transition to a new coordinator. Despite looking shaky at the start, they shut the Giants down in the second half. More importantly, they understood the flow of the game, consistently making drive ending stops and giving the offense a chance to get back in the game (which they of course neglected to take). You can look at the yards given up and say they could have done better, but they continued to be the bend don't break unit they were under Williams. No TD's after the first drive, excellent.