Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   the Sean Taylor thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19855)

kdogg3270 09-17-2007 07:06 PM

the Sean Taylor thread

How does everybody feel Taylor will do tonight? He had arguably his worst game as a pro up there last year...i figure he will atone for that, since he's more of a true free safety now and can roam the secondary... on another note, any word on possible containment schemes for Brian Westbrook - specifically when he catches passes?

here's to the 'Meast' layin' somebody out tonight:headbange

MTK 09-17-2007 07:08 PM

Re: the Sean Taylor thread

I just heard Ditka on ESPN radio call out Taylor. He basically said he's horrible in coverage and the only thing he's good at his getting 15 yard roughing penalties.

kdogg3270 09-17-2007 07:10 PM

I read that bullsh#t myself...Ditka does'nt understand that taylor was basically playing out of position (close to the line) last year..

chrisl4064 09-17-2007 07:42 PM

whatever ditka... he just wishes he had a safety as good as taylor when he coached.

jbcjr14 09-17-2007 07:44 PM

Did anyone see the fro ST is sporting tonight? Love it! Retro 60's.

Daseal 09-17-2007 07:54 PM

I gained new respect for ST with that fro, it's awesome. ST will redeem himself. Especially vs a heavy passing offense tonight.

DEVIL'S OWN 09-17-2007 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=jbcjr14;352717]Did anyone see the fro ST is sporting tonight? Love it! Retro 60's.[/QUOTE]

actually 70's :doh:

redskins5044 09-17-2007 08:17 PM

Dikta and all the espn nfl guys are idiots. why dont they talk about roy "i get burned" williams that way. espn and most media people outside of the DC area hate the skins and the owner.

BrudLee 09-17-2007 08:21 PM

Taylor has rightly been criticized for his transgressions, and that's all some people are going to remember. No one cares what Ditka thinks. [B]Mrs. Ditka[/B] doesn't care what Ditka thinks.

BleedBurgundy 09-18-2007 12:04 AM

[QUOTE=BrudLee;352744]Taylor has rightly been criticized for his transgressions, and that's all some people are going to remember. No one cares what Ditka thinks. [B]Mrs. Ditka[/B] doesn't care what Ditka thinks.[/QUOTE]

Ricky Williams doesn't care about what Ditka thinks? That's not right. :cheeky-sm

BleedBurgundy 09-18-2007 12:14 AM

[IMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-8/1275969/ST.jpg[/IMG]

I think this makes a pretty good statement about ST.

RMSkins 09-18-2007 12:48 AM

You can't ask for much more tonight from Sean Taylor. He played an outstanding game, he was excellent in coverage, and he had some very huge plays in the run game as well.

JWsleep 09-18-2007 12:55 AM

He laid some wood tonight, and I like to see him blitzing. He was better in coverage, but look (and I know this sounds weird): he's still learning. They are asking him to cover now in a way they didn't before. He's not playing as a hybrid LB/Safety--he's playing free safety again. Notice that there were really no deep balls against him, and no intermediate over them middle stuff. He's allowing us to "bend and not break." Now we just need him to start getting some picks. He's coming on, and when him and LL really hit their stride, look out. It's not quite there yet, IMO, but it's coming.

(And F*** Ditka. He's still bitter that JG ended his "dynasty" at one SB. No wonder he's no skins fan.)

Rock Your Face 09-18-2007 12:55 AM

Taylor played great tonight, and he is my favorite Skin. I do not agree with what Ditka said, but I imagine he watched a limited amount of Skins' games last year, and if you watched the wrong ones, you could come away with that impression of ST.

To the poster who said ST is better than any safety Ditka ever had, you might want to do some research. Dave Duerson was one of the starting safeties on the '85 Bears team and went to 4 pro-bowls. The other starting safety on that team, Gary Fencik, went to 2 pro-bowls and is the Bears' all-time leader in interceptions and tackles.

DynamiteRave 09-18-2007 12:57 AM

Taylor makes me proud I bought his jersey yesterday. I rocked it with pride today and glad I did.

I'm sure (or at least I hope) Ditka is eating his words after tonights game.

RMSkins 09-18-2007 01:01 AM

Does anyone have a video clip of Taylor's hit since ESPN refused to show the replay of it?

holcknowsbest 09-18-2007 01:21 AM

[quote=RMSkins;353402]Does anyone have a video clip of Taylor's hit since ESPN refused to show the replay of it?[/quote]

amen, and if ditka really has problem ask him about his defense....that one that DG ran the punt back against to end his boys(walter payotns) career. go ef yourself ditka, talent is talent and he is the meanest sob in this league and he would have treated you like a redheaded stepchild. i rocked the 36, no i rock the 21 and its for a reason. gotta love him.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 09-18-2007 01:33 AM

I can't believe that Taylor can still hit like that. He looks like he's 6'3" and 195 lbs.

Redskin 09-18-2007 01:49 AM

He sends message and it looks like it hurts.

MidfieldGeneral 09-18-2007 08:25 AM

I can't believe ESPN was more interested than talking about the Fat Walrus' junky kids than the great hit Taylor laid out.

F'n Numpties!!

kdogg3270 10-07-2007 10:42 PM

i could have started another thread, but it was more useful to do a search instead and BUMP this tread up again...

Taylor did his thing out there today..his legend grew a bit today with that vicious hit he put on that dude on the Thrash return. And that INT was nice. I predict he will have 5 or 6 of them this year, playing the centerfield role. It helps that the other team HAD to throw the ball..

GO SKINS

chrisl4064 10-08-2007 03:32 AM

[quote=kdogg3270;360786]i could have started another thread, but it was more useful to do a search instead and BUMP this tread up again...

Taylor did his thing out there today..his legend grew a bit today with that vicious hit he put on that dude on the Thrash return. And that INT was nice. I predict he will have 5 or 6 of them this year, playing the centerfield role. It helps that the other team HAD to throw the ball..

GO SKINS[/quote]

taylor is awesome, thats all i have to say

Luxorreb 10-08-2007 03:35 AM

Clip of Taylor block on Thrash return link?

dmek25 10-08-2007 07:36 AM

that was a sweet hit

Soup's Uncle 10-08-2007 11:29 AM

The man eats babies!