Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jerry Jones says give TO the ball (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25682)

Skinny Tee 10-03-2008 01:08 PM

Jerry Jones says give TO the ball

Hopefully this will provide some dissention in their ranks and ruin some chemistry by forcing the ball to TO.

[url=http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/03/jerry-jones-wants-the-ball-to-go-to-to/]ProFootballTalk.com - JERRY JONES WANTS THE BALL TO GO TO T.O.[/url]

skinsfan_nn 10-03-2008 01:11 PM

Re: Jerry Jones says give TO the ball

Great for JJ, now hes the Head Coach to.....? If there was ever any doubt. :doh:

Jamaican'Skin 10-03-2008 01:24 PM

Why not get rid of Romo, and direct snap to TO everytime?

johnerotten 10-03-2008 01:24 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;484791]Great for JJ, now hes the Head Coach to.....? If there was ever any doubt. :doh:[/quote]

JJ looks like he's another al davis in training,only dumber and younger!!!!
i guess he just had to pull the puppet's string aye?

BleedBurgundy 10-03-2008 01:25 PM

Stupid, stupid move by JJ, unless this was taken far out of context. You never put one player above the team, it's horrible for chemistry.

Hog1 10-03-2008 01:34 PM

Can you see Bill Parcells reaction when confronted with the same dilemma?

skinsfan69 10-03-2008 01:45 PM

Dallas should change their name from the Cowboys to the Dramaboys.

Jake2008 10-03-2008 01:50 PM

The good news is that JJ maybe hasn't learned everything after all these years. When Jimmy was there and in control they did great. Jones didn't like being backseat to Jimmy so pushes him out and they decline. So he decides to bring in Parcells who if nothing else rebuilt the team. Now Jones is back in total control and things will start unraveling again.

At least Vinny seems to be learning that the more he stays out of the football decisions and just keep signing the checks, the better the team will be for it.

MTK 10-03-2008 01:51 PM

It's obvious they already do try to force the ball to him.

Skins_4_Lyfe 10-03-2008 01:53 PM

No suprise here...Jerry is a milder version of Al Davis

JLW428 10-03-2008 02:01 PM

JJ is such an a-hole. I can't stand anything about the man. If I was head coach, and the owner of the team came to the sidelines breathing down everyones back, I would tell him to go F himself and let me do my job. (probably not, but you get my point) This is just another example of how he has 0 class.

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 02:02 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;484800] Unless this was taken far out of context.[/quote] Pretty much.

PennSkinsFan 10-03-2008 02:04 PM

Pathetic.

Terrell Owens is a cry baby and always will be. Notice he doesn't complain much when they win. Then again, yes he does, who I am kidding.

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 02:09 PM

[quote=JLW428;484817]JJ is such an a-hole. I can't stand anything about the man. If I was head coach, and the owner of the team came to the sidelines breathing down everyones back, I would tell him to go F himself and let me do my job. (probably not, but you get my point) This is just another example of how he has 0 class.[/quote] Yeah I agree. Only an a-hole does selfish things like breathing down people's backs, meddling in certain operations, charging fans to see practice, selling seats with bad, obstructed views, making fans walk cross country to the stadium...............

wait,............wait a minute. I'm sorry, I was describing the wrong a-hole!

To all super sensitive fans. [U]If this applies to you.[/U]
(I'm just joking guys, please don't take things too serious. Just funnin'.)

Hog1 10-03-2008 02:22 PM

[quote=Bluezz DC;484824]Yeah I agree. Only an a-hole does selfish things like breathing down people's backs, meddling in certain operations, charging fans to see practice, selling seats with bad, obstructed views, making fans walk cross country to the stadium...............

wait,............wait a minute. I'm sorry, I was describing the wrong a-hole!

To all super sensitive fans. [U]If this applies to you.[/U]
(I'm just joking guys, please don't take things too serious. Just funnin'.)[/quote]

It appears, judging from your signature you would want to walk the walk, rather than just the talking part.....JK

EternalEnigma21 10-03-2008 02:34 PM

thats AWESOME!!!

skins86fan 10-03-2008 03:04 PM

i thought JJ was dead after his head exploded from all that botox

53Fan 10-03-2008 03:29 PM

Take up for your owner all you want. I'm glad you've got him BluezzDC. He takes up for T.O. and you take up for him. Keep it going, I love it.

Tha Posse 10-03-2008 03:35 PM

I've never been charged to go to training camp??

53Fan 10-03-2008 03:45 PM

I've never had to walk cross country to the stadium either. Cowgirl fans make up their own "facts". It helps them live in denial.

birdz4gibbs 10-03-2008 03:46 PM

[quote=Jamaican'Skin;484798]Why not get rid of Romo, and direct snap to TO everytime?[/quote]

right on that way he can,t blem no one but himself for his mistakes...

johnerotten 10-03-2008 03:59 PM

JJ wants to coach so bad it hurts.he was on the sideline the entire 2nd half last week was'nt he?i expected to see him calling the plays in the 2nd half. TO is a great player,all great players want the ball but they tried to get the ball to him around 20 times
last week.he's being childish,selfish,and stupid by acting like that.but TO,by all means keep whining.i doubt people in dc,ny,and philly will complain much.

Dirtbag59 10-03-2008 04:50 PM

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but we might have really messed up the Cowboys with that win last week. So much that the team is starting to implode on each other.

doughtydoubter 10-03-2008 05:00 PM

Give TO the ball romo...do it...

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2008 05:15 PM

I bet Andy Reid never said that. There ought to be a comparative timeline of TO's stays on teams somewhere. First Year, the settling, TO accepts what comes his way to see how the team will do, 2nd year Peak success, 3rd year cracks in the armor, and if it comes to it 4th year IMPLOSION. I don't have the Philly and SF timelines in front of me, so i may be off a little, but I really think that is how it goes.

81+83+84=Posse 10-03-2008 05:18 PM

Isn't that what they tried to do on Sunday? How'd that work out for ya Jerruh? Friggin brilliant.

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 06:42 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;484877]Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but we might have really messed up the Cowboys with that win last week. So much that the team is starting to implode on each other.[/quote] I probably would believe you but for one, according to some, they were supposed to implode what..........3 years ago? Didn't happen. This is pretty much the same team that has been together during those 3 years and they've suffered more meaningful losses than last week. Implode after "one" game? Didn't happen.

Why would they implode after one game? It's not like they haven't lost a game before.

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 06:46 PM

[quote=Tha Posse;484857]I've never been charged to go to training camp??[/quote] My father and uncle are both die hard Skins fans and they were charged to get in. Maybe you didn't go the year Snyder charged people.

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 06:52 PM

[quote=53Fan;484854]Take up for your owner all you want. I'm glad you've got him BluezzDC. He takes up for T.O. and you take up for him. Keep it going, I love it.[/quote] I'm glad we've got him too. Anybody would be glad if their favorite team's owner contributed multiple SB Championships on his watch. He probably takes up for T.O. because of the huge amount of money he's invested in him. I don't think he wants to throw money at players and get nothing from them.

As far as taking up for him, I'm not. Their are a lot of gripes I have with him actually, so I'm very sorry that you weren't correct on that "taking up for him" statement.

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 06:53 PM

[quote=53Fan;484859] It helps them live in denial.[/quote] Helps Cowboys fans live in denial of what? What am I in denial of?

johnerotten 10-03-2008 06:54 PM

what happened to all the love TO had for romo?
remember him crying like a baby last season?"that's my teammate man,that's my quarterback,we lose as a team,if you guys pick on him that ain't fair."

[IMG]http://http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/terrell_owens_crying.jpg[/IMG]

53Fan 10-03-2008 10:06 PM

[quote=Bluezz DC;484906]Helps Cowboys fans live in denial of what? What am I in denial of?[/quote]

That your team is'nt the best in the league. That the Redskins are a better team. That you are not and never were America's Team. That T.O. will become a cancer on your team. That I could'nt give a shit what your opinion is of OUR team, or YOURS for that matter. That Jerry Jones did'nt win any super bowls, Jimmy Johnson and Oklahoma boy did, with Jimmys players. That Wade Phillips is suspect as a head coach. That ya'll are not Gods favorite team. That character does'nt matter to your owner as long as his ego is satisfied. I don't know YOU personally so I don't know what your personal denials are. Maybe that you live in Redskin territory? It sounded to me like you were taking up for him, but leave it to you arrogant cowgirl pricks to come on here and tell us we were'nt right about something.

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 10:30 PM

[quote=53Fan;484943]That your team is'nt the best in the league. That the Redskins are a better team. That you are not and never were America's Team. That T.O. will become a cancer on your team. That I could'nt give a shit what your opinion is of OUR team, or YOURS for that matter. That Jerry Jones did'nt win any super bowls, Jimmy Johnson and Oklahoma boy did, with Jimmys players. That Wade Phillips is suspect as a head coach. That ya'll are not Gods favorite team. That character does'nt matter to your owner as long as his ego is satisfied. I don't know YOU personally so I don't know what your personal denials are. Maybe that you live in Redskin territory? It sounded to me like you were taking up for him, but leave it to you arrogant cowgirl pricks to come on here and tell us we were'nt right about something.[/quote]
You should have started off by saying "you didn't know me and you don't know what my personal denials are", then you would come across like you just may know what you are talking about. Okay, let's review..........

-I never said, nor did I think the Cowboys were the best team coming in to the season. (that made zero sense)

-That the Redskins are the better team? I'm glad you can assess this after just 4 games. However, they are playing pretty well. (that made zero sense, especially after one notable win)

-T.O. will become a cancer? Maybe, maybe not. I've been hearing this from people like you for years now, so I just got tired of waiting. Apparently, people who have been saying this are predicting from a broken crystal ball. So..............(that makes zero sense)

-Jerry Jones didn't win any SBs? You are right! He only hired the coaching staff, that along with his approval as a General Manager selected the players that won those SBs. I guess he should just try to buy a SB with a bunch of high priced free agents that underachieve. That way, he can say he won a SB with waving a fist full of dollars, huh? (I guess he's the only owner not to get credit for putting together SB teams. That makes zero sense.)

-Wade Phillips is suspect as a head coach? I have to agree with you 100% there. (finally made some sense.)

-Dallas are Gods team? Probably not. I would think Anaheim Angels would be. Closer to his line of work. LOL!

That character doesn't matter to him as long as his ego is satisfied? Well, I think winning helps his ego. Dallas IMO could really use another solid receiver and there was one available by the name of Chris Henry. Wait a minute....... JJ didn't go after this gifted receiver that really could have helped us WIN games to help his ego. (Uh oh, you again made zero sense)

Nice try man, but all Cowboys fans don't sit there and say, "man, we are the best and we are going to the SB." Some of us do actually watch and know football. As a matter of fact, we have Skins and Eagles fans at work talking about they are going to dominate the NFCE and go to the SB. Do I classify all Skins and Eagles fans with these idiots? No, because that would make zero sense!!

53Fan 10-03-2008 10:57 PM

[quote=Bluezz DC;484947]You should have started off by saying "you didn't know me and you don't know what my personal denials are", then you would come across like you just may know what you are talking about. Okay, let's review..........

I never said, nor did I think the Cowboys were the best team coming in to the season. (that made zero sense)

-That the Redskins are the better team? I'm glad you can assess this after just 4 games. However, they are playing pretty well. (that made zero sense, especially after one notable win)

-T.O. will become a cancer? Maybe, maybe not. I've been hearing this from people like you for years now, so I just got tired of waiting. Apparently, people who have been saying this are predicting from a broken crystal ball. So..............(that makes zero sense)

-Jerry Jones didn't win any SBs? You are right! He only hired the coaching staff, that along with his approval as a [U]General Manager[U] selected the players that one those SBs. I guess he should just try to buy a SB with a bunch of high priced that underachieve. That way, he can say he won a SB with waving a fist full of dollars, huh? (I guess he's the only owner not to get credit for putting together SB teams. That makes zero sense.)[/quote]

What would make us a better team? Defeating you in your own house? I guess you saying he won't BECOME a cancer means your crystal ball is better than mine? The same coach JJ hired is the same one who left because JJ wanted all the credit, and has'nt won since other than Switzer the next year with the team Johson put together. Yeah he hired a good staff and he got rid of them too because of his ego. Brilliant move. If JJ is'nt trying to buy a team what is Pacman, Tank Johnson and T.O. doing there? These are some real character guys. So I would have to say your argument makes ZERO sense and I'm sorry you are NOT CORRECT in your argument. The best thing JJ did was hire Jimmy Johnson. Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn once in a while but they are'nt usually dumb enough to turn around and throw it away.

53Fan 10-03-2008 11:12 PM

And by the way, I said cowboy fans. Implying in general. And to say you've been hearing from people like me implies you know me. Makes ZERO sense. You DON"T know me. Sorry you're taking it so personal but this is pretty much the reaction of every cowgirl fan that comes on here. If you are going to take issue with every derogatory remark made against the cowgirls, you better limber your fingers up friend.:)

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 11:20 PM

[quote=53Fan;484949]What would make us a better team? Defeating you in your own house? I guess you saying he won't BECOME a cancer means your crystal ball is better than mine? The same coach JJ hired is the same one who left because JJ wanted all the credit, and has'nt won since other than Switzer the next year with the team Johson put together. Yeah he hired a good staff and he got rid of them too because of his ego. Brilliant move. If JJ is'nt trying to buy a team what is Pacman, Tank Johnson and T.O. doing there? So I would have to say your argument makes ZERO sense and I'm sorry you are NOT CORRECT in your argument. The best thing JJ did was hire Jimmy Johnson. Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn once in a while but they are'nt usually dumb enough to turn around and throw it away.[/quote]It's only week 5. If you want to determine the season after just 4 games than knock yourself out. If SBs were only because of the coaches, why didn't 3 time SB winning coach Joe Gibbs add to his total then? The credit does go to him right? Or should we rethink where the original credit for those SBs go after what we saw the second time around?

I'm not saying T.O. won't become a cancer. What I'm saying is each season, they say "this is the year he will explode." My own father (who is a Skin fan) tells me this every year and it hurts me to my heart that he lies to me. He has lied to me now for 3 or 4 years by telling me this. I trusted his word and at the end of every season........T.O. still hasn't done what he and others like him has said. I thought we were better than that. Why the lying every year?! (sob).......(sob) (sob)...........

Did you say JJ was trying to buy a team by getting Pacman, Tank Johnson, and T.O.? Do you know what he actually spent to bring these guys in?
League minimums Slim!! You will never see JJ make someone the "highest paid player in history at their position" only to see them play special teams then go to the Bears.

I'll guarantee you that Jason Taylor in his first year with the Skins, is making more money then Pac, Tank, and T.O. did in their first year with Dallas COMBINED. Jerry Jones paid pennies to bring these guys in. Are you drinkin'?

Bluezz DC 10-03-2008 11:23 PM

[quote=53Fan;484950]And by the way, I said cowboy fans. Implying in general. And to say you've been hearing from people like me implies you know me. Makes ZERO sense. You DON"T know me. Sorry you're taking it so personal but this is pretty much the reaction of every cowgirl fan that comes on here.[/quote] Actually, I don't take this personal, it's quite amusing to me. The Cowboys don't pay me so I'll get paper whether they win or lose. It's just fun to me though.

53Fan 10-03-2008 11:27 PM

I stopped drinking years ago. Tank and Pac would've taken anything to play but T.O. is making a nice chunk of change.

Bluezz DC 10-04-2008 12:57 AM

[quote=53Fan;484956]I stopped drinking years ago. Tank and Pac would've taken anything to play but T.O. is making a nice chunk of change.[/quote] To be honest with you, T.O.'s first year, he didn't make a whole bunch. After he played some great football, I believe he was paid that chunk. I think he is worth the money according to what he has done though.

If only the 49ers and Eagles would have paid him according to his play on the field, he wouldn't even be with Dallas. When he was with the Eagles, he was the 9th highest paid WR in the league with the best production of all WRs. Picture that, paying the "then" best reciever in the NFL a salary behind 8 other receivers. That's when he started to act up. I don't blame him.

If I risked my career to hurry back from a very bad ankle injury that would have kept anybody else out for the year, to come back less than 100% to help my team in the SB, and play very well, I would want my just do too!

By the way, congradulations to you for not drinking anymore, I was just joking when I said it, but seriously congradulations.

DirtyLandry 10-04-2008 03:27 AM

NFL network just did a segment on how TO cried after the skins game about how he didn't get the ball enough. Then they talked about how it's possible that the entire dallas offense is handcuffed because Jason Garret is trying to pacify this diva (probably through JJ's direction). Then they talked about all the passes TO has dropped over the years.

I would never in a million years want a clown like this on my team. He is the farthest thing from a team player, I dont care how many touchdowns he has.