Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   House Cleaning put on hold.... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64303)

skinsfaninok 01-11-2019 03:21 PM

House Cleaning put on hold....

Well Bruce is staying put, per Dan Steinberg "Bruce Allen to remain as Redskins president, will have expanded role on business side"

This is a good read from Rick Snider and I agree with it.

"Tank for Tua" 2020

[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/2019/01/10/redskins-should-just-tank-next-year/?utm_term=.abbfa3c2f7f1[/url]

Its obvious this team isn't going anywhere, no change has happened and it's not going to.

FUCK DAN & BRUCE

BigHairedAristocrat 01-11-2019 04:07 PM

Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Tanking 2019 and doing a full reset next offseason really is the best long-term option.

Even without all the dysfunction here, it would be very hard to attract a new team president and coach when we have so much salary cap money committed to a QB who won’t play.

The sustained mediocrity under Allen and Gruden really have killed us. Were never good enough to be serious contenders, and were never bad enough to have a top draft pick.

metalskins 01-11-2019 04:18 PM

So could 2019 prove to be the year that ownership finally kills off the franchise? It's going to be a very dark season for the Washington Redskins.

mooby 01-11-2019 05:13 PM

In conclusion, Dan considered all his options, and said,"Bruce, you've done such a fantastic job managing the football ops, you clearly need a promotion to handle the business ops too. How does doubling your salary sound? You'll finally be able to buy that patio set your wife has always wanted."

Chico23231 01-11-2019 05:14 PM

Really don’t give a fuck....skins, same ole exercise again and again

mooby 01-11-2019 05:18 PM

I got 10 bucks next offseason after Gruden and Bruce are fired:

We hire some big name exec who did a good job with one team but has sucked with every other team... like Scott Pioli.

We announce Fedex Field is going to be torn down and the new stadium built on the same spot... in the meantime we will play at RFK (cue video of the stands shaking for fond reminiscing).

Pioli brings in one of his guys, like Romeo Crennel to be HC. Crennel drafts Tua and the cycle starts all over again.

mredskins 01-11-2019 05:35 PM

Let this sink in.

THE BROWNS HAVE A BRIGHTER FUTURE THEN US.

Brody81 01-11-2019 05:46 PM

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190111/bd7f415c0d562e456018bac9072dd854.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC_Skins 01-11-2019 06:08 PM

Good luck with attendance and ticket sales. I pretty much know to dial back any expectations for 2019, and really don't care if I miss watching the games or not at this point. Why should I care if the owner doesn't?

They'll be lucky to be 5-11.

BigHairedAristocrat 01-11-2019 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;1216767]

They'll be lucky to be 5-11.[/QUOTE]

I think that’s the plan.

If we’re thinking long term, it makes much more sense to clean house and reboot next year.

The coaching candidates this year were not impressive anyways.

SFREDSKIN 01-11-2019 06:49 PM

Dear Danny,

You are fucking moron, actually you are a dumbshit. You are supposed to be a business man who should know your clients (fans) are your most important asset, it’s obvious you don’t give a shit. Do everyone a favor and sell the team as you are unfit to own this historic franchise.

Fuck you very much!!
All Redskins fans

mooby 01-11-2019 07:35 PM

Let's do the full monty, bring in HBO and do Hard Knocks so we can get an insider's perspective on the final descent into Browns-esque territory (congratulations are in order to the Browns for leaving the graveyard of misery).

BaltimoreSkins 01-11-2019 08:23 PM

In Baltimore the name Irsay is damn near blasphemous. I imagine Snyder will be to DC fans for generations to come.

sdskinsfan2001 01-11-2019 09:34 PM

Too bad Sunshine from Clemson isn't s sophomore because we'll be competing for that number one pick.

Good to know in January that I have been told by Snyder to not give a fuck about 2019.

And I'm going to try my hardest to oblige him. What a piece of shit.

BigHairedAristocrat 01-11-2019 11:09 PM

Snyder is aware of Allen’s terrible record as team president - on and off the field. He was aware of the #firebruceallen movement and supposedly shocked by it. His response?

#PROMOTEbruceallen.

I don’t see how we can interpret this as anything other than Snyder saying “fuck you” to the fans.

No one should show up to next years games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kct1975 01-11-2019 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1216771]Dear Danny,

You are fucking moron, actually you are a dumbshit. You are supposed to be a business man who should know your clients (fans) are your most important asset, it’s obvious you don’t give a shit. Do everyone a favor and sell the team as you are unfit to own this historic franchise.

Fuck you very much!!

All Redskins fans[/QUOTE]Very Well Said! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Read your statement to my wife and she said that she totally agreed too! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

kct1975 01-11-2019 11:37 PM

[QUOTE=BigHairedAristocrat;1216780]Snyder is aware of Allen’s terrible record as team president - on and off the field. He was aware of the #firebruceallen movement and supposedly shocked by it. His response?

#PROMOTEbruceallen.

I don’t see how we can interpret this as anything other than Snyder saying “fuck you” to the fans.

No one should show up to next years games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Completely Agree!

That is exactly what Dan Snyder is saying to the fans!

"The fans don't know Sh!+[emoji90]... I am the Owner...this is My Team and I will do as I Damn Well Please!"

All I can says is FIRE DAN SNYDER! [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190112/251d9f0ec01d687455df0208c6c26117.jpg[/IMG]

SFREDSKIN 01-12-2019 12:26 AM

On a different subject, terrible news, Joe Gibbs son passed away. RIP JD.

[url]https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/01/11/j-d-gibbs-passes-away-at-age-49/[/url]

jamf 01-12-2019 01:22 AM

Sad news 😔

sdskinsfan2001 01-12-2019 01:33 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1216783]On a different subject, terrible news, Joe Gibbs son passed away. RIP JD.

[url]https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/01/11/j-d-gibbs-passes-away-at-age-49/[/url][/quote]

Oh man. That's awful.

sdskinsfan2001 01-12-2019 01:38 AM

I'll never switch teams, its Redskins or bust in the NFL, but it also seems to be beyond incompetence, its like he genuinely hates all of our fans. It's fucking weird.

And he's a little weasel about it too, never hear a word from him, no interviews answering any questions.

Bishop Hammer 01-12-2019 01:50 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1216776]In Baltimore the name Irsay is damn near blasphemous. I imagine Snyder will be to DC fans for generations to come.[/quote]

I don't know if they'll be that many to curse it in a couple years? Most kids in the area pull for The Ratbirds or whatever band wagon team is hot.

REDSKINS4ever 01-12-2019 08:46 PM

Snyder won't learn until the Redskins fans stop showing up for games altogether. The Philly game was only a strong indication of what's to come.

skinsfaninok 01-12-2019 10:15 PM

[QUOTE=REDSKINS4ever;1216835]Snyder won't learn until the Redskins fans stop showing up for games altogether. The Philly game was only a strong indication of what's to come.[/QUOTE]Nobody is gonna go to games next year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

metalskins 01-13-2019 12:21 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1216852]Nobody is gonna go to games next year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

They better not.

CRedskinsRule 01-13-2019 01:19 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1216852]Nobody is gonna go to games next year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

The stadium will just fill with opposing team fans. It may not be full, but the revenue will be there.

mooby 01-13-2019 12:40 PM

Looks like we have some competition in the "tank for top 10 draft pick" next year:

[url]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25749961/miami-dolphins-considering-rebuild-eye-heralded-qbs-2020-draft-class[/url]

KI Skins Fan 01-13-2019 01:07 PM

[quote=mooby;1216908]Looks like we have some competition in the "tank for top 10 draft pick" next year:

[url]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25749961/miami-dolphins-considering-rebuild-eye-heralded-qbs-2020-draft-class[/url][/quote]

Snyder and Allen aren't even competent enough to tank successfully.

NC_Skins 01-13-2019 05:46 PM

Pretty much where I'm at right now.

[url]https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/shan-shariff-dan-snyder-and-bruce-allen-are-cowards-who-hide-weasels[/url]

sdskinsfan2001 01-13-2019 06:01 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;1216942]Pretty much where I'm at right now.

[url]https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/shan-shariff-dan-snyder-and-bruce-allen-are-cowards-who-hide-weasels[/url][/quote]

Yup, haven't even read the article yet, but the headline is 100% accurate. Fucking weasels.

mooby 01-13-2019 06:24 PM

[url]https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/shan-shariff-dan-snyder-and-bruce-allen-are-cowards-who-hide-weasels[/url][/quote]

He has a point.

I can't sympathize with those of you who say they are done. I am apathetic to a point, seeing injuries happen or finding new ways to lose games doesn't faze me anymore. But I'll never declare my allegiance done. Sucking it up through the bad times makes the good times that much sweeter.

kct1975 01-13-2019 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;1216942]Pretty much where I'm at right now.

[url]https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/shan-shariff-dan-snyder-and-bruce-allen-are-cowards-who-hide-weasels[/url][/QUOTE][i] "I've stopped getting upset watching Redskins games," Shariff said. "I don't get worked up, my blood pressure doesn't go up. And that's when I knew I was done with the Redskins and that's because of these fools."[/i]

This exactly the way I feel!

I will always be a Redskins fan, but I am at the point where I am completely apathetic. I really don't care whether or not the Redskins win or lose and I have stopped following the team news.

My suggestion to all fans is to completly Avoid Attending Games and Avoid purchasing Redskins gear. That will be the Only way for Dan Synder to hopefully get the message that fan are pissed. And maybe he will even be forced to sell the team at some point.

skinsfaninok 01-14-2019 08:23 AM

[quote=kct1975;1216970][i] "I've stopped getting upset watching Redskins games," Shariff said. "I don't get worked up, my blood pressure doesn't go up. And that's when I knew I was done with the Redskins and that's because of these fools."[/i]

This exactly the way I feel!

I will always be a Redskins fan, but I am at the point where I am completely apathetic. I really don't care whether or not the Redskins win or lose and I have stopped following the team news.

My suggestion to all fans is to completly Avoid Attending Games and Avoid purchasing Redskins gear. That will be the Only way for Dan Synder to hopefully get the message that fan are pissed. And maybe he will even be forced to sell the team at some point.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk[/quote]

This is me too man, I'm over this shit show. I'm a fan but I don't have to go to games or buy gear anymore. F them

Chico23231 01-14-2019 08:37 AM

They are cowards for not facing the fans or media. Snyder doesn’t seem to care about the state of the fans apathy.

Skinsfanatic 01-14-2019 08:52 AM

So, here is my idea for how to create change with the Redskins:

Someone needs to put together a social media campaign to BOYCOTT!

But not boycott the Redskins (or more precisely, not just the Redskins). Boycott their sponsors. Publicly refuse to buy products/services from those companies that empower Dan Snyder with their money. Maybe he doesn't know or care about an empty stadium. I bet he would care if his sponsors started complaining.

Redskins247 01-14-2019 09:28 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1216913]Snyder and Allen aren't even competent enough to tank successfully.[/quote]

Exactly. Even if they have the first pick of next year's draft, they'll pick the wrong guy...or even if they pick a solid QB, he won't succeed in their environment. Do we really think we could get the next coach and QB combination that would win in spite of horrible ownership and management? At best it would be like when Luck arrived with the Colts and he was really good but had no help and got beat to a pulp.

dmek25 01-14-2019 10:17 AM

as someone else posted, first, and foremost, snyder is a businessman. attendance has gradually decreased over the last some odd years. but , the value of the redskins has increased every year that snyder has owned the team. so in realty, he really doesnt care if fans show up. thats not what butters his bread. and he knows it. he rally doesnt care at all what the fans think. that doesnt make his money. ive been a skins fan since 1970, and i always will be. there are enough of us around to keep the skins profitable. that, and the big fat TV contract they all share

Chico23231 01-14-2019 10:25 AM

[quote=dmek25;1216983]as someone else posted, first, and foremost, snyder is a businessman. attendance has gradually decreased over the last some odd years. but , the value of the redskins has increased every year that snyder has owned the team. so in realty, he really doesnt care if fans show up. thats not what butters his bread. and he knows it. he rally doesnt care at all what the fans think. that doesnt make his money. ive been a skins fan since 1970, and i always will be. there are enough of us around to keep the skins profitable. that, and the big fat TV contract they all share[/quote]

he cares more about the new stadium deal than anything else in his life. He knows how the value of the franchise depends on that facility. He wouldn't think about selling until that thing is done.

skinsfaninok 01-14-2019 10:45 AM

I haven't heard anything about the new stadium.. Is this an actual thing ?Or just more BS

BaltimoreSkins 01-14-2019 11:09 AM

The lease for FedEx is up in 2027. Gov. Of Maryland is trying to doa land swap with dept of interior to get land for a stadium near national harbor. There are workings to try to approve federal land in the district as well as city land but one of the council members supporting Dan has just gotten busted on some unethical shit.