Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   With the 15th Pick, the Redskins select... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64350)

skinsfaninok 04-03-2019 10:47 AM

Re: With the 15th Pick, the Redskins select...

I still believe a trade for a WR could be in play as well. I'd give up a 3rd for AJ Green

los panda 04-03-2019 11:15 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1221017]I still believe a trade for a WR could be in play as well. I'd give up a 3rd for AJ Green[/quote]

Toe injuries put the fear in me, hopefully he bounces back this year.

skinsfaninok 04-03-2019 11:16 AM

[quote=los panda;1221021]Toe injuries put the fear in me, hopefully he bounces back this year.[/quote]

I agree but man he's a great weapon when healthy

Irrefutable 04-03-2019 12:58 PM

Green has a $12-15 million dollar cap hit and is a 2020 free agent

calia 04-08-2019 04:03 PM

[quote=Irrefutable;1221028]Green has a $12-15 million dollar cap hit and is a 2020 free agent[/quote]

In other words, just the kind of signing we expect from BA.

kct1975 04-10-2019 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=VTSkins1961;1220903]Daniel Jones QB - redskins reach because Haskins, Murray and Lock are gone. If Lock is not gone then the'll take him. If all 4 are gone then D.K. Metcalf Ole Miss - WR or LB Devin White, LSU[/QUOTE]I agree with picking Daniel Jones. The Redskins need a young quarterback, and personally I don't want to trade for Josh Rosen.

The article below lists some good points as to the reasons why Daniel Jones would be a good fit with the Redskins, and I generally agree with all of them.

[URL]https://clutchpoints.com/3-reasons-duke-qb-daniel-jones-is-the-perfect-target-for-the-washington-redskins/amp/[/URL][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190410/2a42a39a112e705df83668b3ca7db6a6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190410/7e89a13a6c2bdd655f180e6b97a8681d.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

kct1975 04-10-2019 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=Meks;1221011]Let's draft a new owner [emoji16][/QUOTE][emoji115] [emoji115] [emoji115] [emoji115] This! [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190410/046c834d9bc920ff9aa8e52cf2c1ebba.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MTK 04-10-2019 09:18 AM

Definitely not a fan of Jones at 1.15

Schneed10 04-10-2019 09:25 AM

[quote=MTK;1221244]Definitely not a fan of Jones at 1.15[/quote]

I am intrigued enough to be both excited and nervous if they selected him at 15. Pros: big, pretty athletic, played in a pro style offense, showed an ability to read defenses, and the biggest pro of all he throws with anticipation which is critical in Gruden's timing-based scheme. Con, and it's a big one: not a very quick release.

Quick release is important if you're trying to throw to a spot where the WR isn't yet, but headed to. Slower release means the DB sees it and may have time to beat the WR to the spot. It reduces your ability to run after the catch, so receivers catch and get hit right away more frequently.

He had only 59% completion at Duke but you can easily chalk that up to supporting cast, I don't perceive there to be big inaccuracy issues.

But the quick release thing is an issue. Cousins succeeded with Gruden, at least to some degree, because he a) knew the offense, b) could read a defense, c) threw with anticipation and d) got rid of the ball with a release quick enough to keep the DB from jumping the routes.

I think Jones will give you a, b and c, but I'm not sure he gives you enough of d. If he can, then he becomes a very intriguing player to me.

BigHairedAristocrat 04-10-2019 09:29 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1221245]I am intrigued enough to be both excited and nervous if they selected him at 15. Pros: big, pretty athletic, played in a pro style offense, showed an ability to read defenses, and the biggest pro of all he throws with anticipation which is critical in Gruden's timing-based scheme. Con, and it's a big one: not a very quick release.

Quick release is important if you're trying to throw to a spot where the WR isn't yet, but headed to. Slower release means the DB sees it and may have time to beat the WR to the spot. It reduces your ability to run after the catch, so receivers catch and get hit right away more frequently.

He had only 59% completion at Duke but you can easily chalk that up to supporting cast, I don't perceive there to be big inaccuracy issues.

But the quick release thing is an issue. Cousins succeeded with Gruden, at least to some degree, because he a) knew the offense, b) could read a defense, c) threw with anticipation and d) got rid of the ball with a release quick enough to keep the DB from jumping the routes.

I think Jones will give you a, b and c, but I'm not sure he gives you enough of d. If he can, then he becomes a very intriguing player to me.[/quote]

so, to summarize, you're saying you can't get enough of Daniel Jones' D?

MTK 04-10-2019 09:52 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1221245]I am intrigued enough to be both excited and nervous if they selected him at 15. Pros: big, pretty athletic, played in a pro style offense, showed an ability to read defenses, and the biggest pro of all he throws with anticipation which is critical in Gruden's timing-based scheme. Con, and it's a big one: not a very quick release.

I think Jones will give you a, b and c, but I'm not sure he gives you enough of d. If he can, then he becomes a very intriguing player to me.[/quote]

As a prospect I just can't put him as the 15th best player so he would be a big reach there IMO.

Schneed10 04-10-2019 10:00 AM

[quote=MTK;1221248]As a prospect I just can't put him as the 15th best player so he would be a big reach there IMO.[/quote]

I can definitely see your side of it. At 15 there should be a corner or a pass rusher that could be very impactful for us.

I guess where Jones becomes intriguing is just our huge giant gaping hole at QB. But that can be where drafting for need causes you to make some mistakes.

Do you go safe - for a defender who you know can make a difference? Or do you roll the dice at QB?

I hope they end up getting Rosen with a package of lower picks, so it doesn't come to this at 15. Jones makes me nervous enough that I wouldn't feel great about him at 15.

Schneed10 04-10-2019 10:02 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;1221246]so, to summarize, you're saying you can't get enough of Daniel Jones' D?[/quote]

He does go deep well...

MTK 04-10-2019 10:23 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1221249]I can definitely see your side of it. At 15 there should be a corner or a pass rusher that could be very impactful for us.

I guess where Jones becomes intriguing is just our huge giant gaping hole at QB. But that can be where drafting for need causes you to make some mistakes.

Do you go safe - for a defender who you know can make a difference? Or do you roll the dice at QB?

I hope they end up getting Rosen with a package of lower picks, so it doesn't come to this at 15. Jones makes me nervous enough that I wouldn't feel great about him at 15.[/quote]

The Rosen deal just make so much sense for both sides I almost don't want to think about it not happening. But if it doesn't I think you have to go BPA at 15 and get ready for that thrilling Colt and Case camp battle.

Chico23231 04-10-2019 10:29 AM

D Jones not a first round pick imo...just an ok arm, accuracy issues on deep ball...

If we grabbed him in the second I wouldn't be mad, but he isn't ready to start.