Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some Good News: TO Fined (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13916)

jamf 08-27-2006 12:07 PM

Some Good News: TO Fined

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2562846]ESPN.com - NFL - T.O. going too far? WR reportedly fined $9,500[/url]

redrock-skins 08-27-2006 12:10 PM

Re: Some Good New: TO Fined

The cancer begins!

saden1 08-27-2006 12:39 PM

Wow, I really thought he was going to behave himself this time around. I guess not.

mooby 08-27-2006 12:51 PM

[quote=redrock-skins;208958]The cancer begins![/quote]

The cancer began several years ago.

RiggoRules 08-27-2006 12:52 PM

[quote=saden1;208963]Wow, I really thought he was going to behave himself this time around. I guess not.[/quote]

Please tell me you were being sarcastic. When has he ever?

mooby 08-27-2006 12:54 PM

[quote=RiggoRules;208969]Please tell me you were being sarcastic. When has he ever?[/quote]

He probably wasn't. Is it too much to think that a person could have a change of heart and think about some else for once? No. Then again, this is T.O. we're talking about here.

superskins 08-27-2006 01:03 PM

haha stupid dallas. don't listen to anyone and sign someone who destoyed 2 other teams. why would dallas be any different?

skinsguy 08-27-2006 01:31 PM

Betcha he's deactivated before the season ends.

htownskinfan 08-27-2006 01:48 PM

this just shows how pathetic our team is right now that we need bad news about the cowboys to cheer us up

GoSkins! 08-27-2006 01:51 PM

[quote=htownskinfan;208988]this just shows how pathetic our team is right now that we need bad news about the cowboys to cheer us up[/quote]

Oh come on... if we had won all of our games we would still be enjoying the TO saga in Dallas.

superskins 08-27-2006 01:54 PM

[quote=GoSkins!;208990]Oh come on... if we had won all of our games we would still be enjoying the TO saga in Dallas.[/quote]

exactly. its still really funny

RiggoRules 08-27-2006 04:04 PM

[quote=mooby;208971]He probably wasn't. Is it too much to think that a person could have a change of heart and think about some else for once? No. Then again, this is T.O. we're talking about here.[/quote]

Leopards don't change their spots.

His history is clear. His book is clear.

pg86 08-27-2006 04:10 PM

Im sorry cowboys fans but I kinda agree with chris collinsworth on this How long is it before Parcells snaps!? Anyone want in on the bet...I predict that If we beat dallas in dallas that Parcells is either gonna be ready to resign or have T.O. Removed...Face it people that guy is tearing apart ur team!!

RiggoRules 08-27-2006 04:34 PM

As badly as it sucks for the Skins to be in the position they are in. TO's history is that the Cowboys are in worse shape.

Oakland Red 08-27-2006 05:41 PM

I've been wondering about the Owens situation for a few weeks. For one thing, the media is in part responsible, because they delight in reporting on every little thing that happens with Owens, and yes, other players are missing time like Hines Ward.

Owens' personality is that he craves attention, and fans love to get caught up in the drama of the class bad boy who challenges authority the way they secretly would like to themselves. The media loves to dish that up because it sells papers much more than honest sports journalism. The editors want the reporters to tail Owens around and see what they can get to make a juicy headline with.

Owens is neurotic, but really, it gets so amplified because of the media attention which just eggs him on.

The other thing that interests me is how Dallas is handling it. Parcells is the head guy in a way that is different than how Joe Gibbs is here. Gibbs works with others as a part of a team, whereas Parcells finds that hard to to and wants all the decision making authority to himself. One of the downfalls of that is that you end up under a lot of pressure at times and you don't have people to really help you.

I thought with Owens out and riding his bike gleefully that it put Parcells in a tough position, because if he had to start focusing on Owens at a time when his team was looking bad, all of a sudden he loses the focus on what he has to do and its a disaster for them.

Anyway, Owens wouldn't want to play in Washington because he knows he wouldn't be allowed to wreak havoc without consequences (see Arrington and Coles) and that if people start causing trouble and they can't be brought back into the fold, the Redskins ship them out.