Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64345)

Ruhskins 03-11-2019 04:13 PM

Re: Redskins sign Landon Collins 6 yr/84M

Gotta love Keim:

John Keim
@john_keim
Cool thing is, if you sign 8 alabama players you get the 9th for free.

skinsfan69 03-11-2019 04:14 PM

I just don't believe in signing a in the box type of safety that kind of money. They overpaid for a need and a player that really isn't much better than the one they cut.

Daseal 03-11-2019 04:26 PM

Not a big fan. Too much money for an in-the-box safety. We're already in a tough cap space. Hope I'm wrong and he's a stud here... but a bit concerned.

Ruhskins 03-11-2019 04:33 PM

From Will Blackmon:

Will Blackmon
@WillBlackmon

Can y’all stop calling
@TheHumble_21
a “Box Safety”?

He is a complete saftey.
He is a leader, he’s smart, He can cover man or zone, he has great ball skills, he has really good instincts and most importantly he can tackle extremely well.
#HTTR 💰 💴

[url]https://twitter.com/WillBlackmon/status/1105202500351582208[/url]

Giantone 03-11-2019 04:36 PM

So ,will he be allowed to wear #21 ?

BigHairedAristocrat 03-11-2019 04:45 PM

[quote=Giantone;1219869]So ,will he be allowed to wear #21 ?[/quote]

Considering he's a great player, plays the same position, already wears 21, and has publicly and repeatedly told reporters for years that he idolizes Sean Taylor, i think it would be very fitting to allow him to continue wearing the number to honor Sean.

mooby 03-11-2019 05:16 PM

Unpopular opinion here, but hell no I don't want to see him wearing ST's number. He's not a ballhawking free safety like ST was, and I doubt he'd disagree.

I also disagree that we will get value back proportionate to the money paid out (and I say that hearing the rumors there is an easy out after 3 years that doesn't involve this contract remaining on the books for a large amount).

I like the player, just disagree that he is worth that much money, and I also disagree that he is the free-range player that ST was. We committed 45 mil to a safety who didn't have a pick last year. That's Ed Reed/Polamalu money.

I'd rather pay that money to a free-range, ballhawking free safety who causes a lot of turnovers. Like Earl Thomas (not 2019 older Earl Thomas though, LOB Earl Thomas). Just my opinion anyways. And to everybody who said they had to make a splash signing, I totally agree. Desperation is a stinky cologne though.

MTK 03-11-2019 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=BigHairedAristocrat;1219875]Considering he's a great player, plays the same position, already wears 21, and has publicly and repeatedly told reporters for years that he idolizes Sean Taylor, i think it would be very fitting to allow him to continue wearing the number to honor Sean.[/QUOTE]

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defensewins 03-11-2019 05:28 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1219862]Also, if we didn't sign a safety, we were going to need to draft 2. Free's up a pick for another position.[/quote]

They got wrong though..most of the better safety in this draft are better suited to play SS not FS. This draft does not have a high end ball hawk FS like last year.
We would have been better off signing a FS in free Agency and drafting a SS.

CRedskinsRule 03-11-2019 05:30 PM

It was suggested Collins could wear 36 to honor Taylor. We will see.

MTK 03-11-2019 05:31 PM

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;1219887]It was suggested Collins could wear 36 to honor Taylor. We will see.[/QUOTE]

That’s the way to go, if he truly idolizes ST he wouldn’t even ask for 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

httr198020 03-11-2019 05:32 PM

Wow! We spent 84 million for a guy who can't cover!

Skinsfanatic 03-11-2019 05:35 PM

[quote=MTK;1219888]That’s the way to go, if he truly idolizes ST he wouldn’t even ask for 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

#36 is the honor Taylor number, right?

NC_Skins 03-11-2019 06:03 PM

If you think this signing is good, then you are just as fucking bad as our shitty ass GM. This team doesn't need a 14mil/yr safety who's not going to do much for our team. He's not going to help with pass coverage because he's a in the box type safety. He's not going to help with our LBs not being able to cover/tackle. He's not going to help with our shitty QB play. He's not going to help with our in-consistent blocking.

Just a overall dumbass move. We need to call this season what it is. A lame duck season for Gruden and Bruce Allen. Allen sure knows how to sucker you guys. Just sign the hottest guy and BLAM, you're right back into the kool-aid.

Mark my words. This team will be no better than 7-9 next year, and we're fucking our salary cap in doing so. It's better to build a team from bottom up conserving that cap until we need to spend it. Sure there is a cap floor, but that doesn't mean you need to spend it all. You can roll over unused cap. Good teams do this. Bad teams like ours waste it and max it out on average players.

harriet33 03-11-2019 07:06 PM

If that means HaHa is gone, then it's a win!